• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT3| Feel Good Ink

Grakl

They won a statistically insignificant amount of wins that could have easily been due to luck of the draw due to their smaller sample size. On the other hand a greater percentage of splatoon won splatfest today. You are suggesting the reverse, which is your right, BUT ON THE SMALLEST WINRATE DIFFERENCE IN 3/3 SPLATFESTS.
Woah there dawg

Gizuko

They won a statistically insignificant amount of wins that could have easily been due to luck of the draw due to their smaller sample size. On the other hand a greater percentage of splatoon won splatfest today. You are suggesting the reverse, which is your right, BUT ON THE SMALLEST WINRATE DIFFERENCE IN 3/3 SPLATFESTS.

Who cares if it is statistically insignificant? Why are you even bringing up statistics? They won more matches. Team dog only won because of a popularity vote, you can spin it however you like but that is a FACT.

I find it baffling that you are defending and getting salty over a skill contest that was decided by a POPULARITY VOTE.

Crayolan

Who cares if it is statistically insignificant? Why are you even bringing up statistics? They won more matches. Team dog only won because of a popularity vote, you can spin it however you like but that is a FACT.

I find it baffling that you are defending and getting salty over a skill contest that was decided by a POPULARITY VOTE.

Team Cat lost because they were only 2% better.

Turning Splatfest into Saltfest here.

Violet_0

Banned
someone should run the math to check what win percentage a team needs to win with a, say, 40/60 split
I'm not mad (Team Rock here) it just seems a bit unfair to me

ryechu

im not even remotely salty. I just find it stupid logic. A popularity vote is better than randomly giving a smaller team the win.

I'm not even responding to those people who are calling for adjustments. I think splatfest needs adjustment. X3 or x4 factor to winrate. Thats perfectly fine. But in no way should it be only a winrate competitive. I defended this stance on the back of statistic cause and utilitarian principle. And in no way should cat have won this splatfest, even with the ideal algorithm. That's all.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
CAT IZ STRONG!!

Still no clue which equip I'll reroll or ada slots :/

I'm going to add slots to pink shrimp polo, red hi top shoes, and fake contacts I think. And reroll any of my gear that has a strong tendency for good subs (ink saver main/sub) and where I only have one that I want. Eg three sub slots, if I have two good power ups I'll probably keep it.

Kangi

Cats deserved to win because of a winrate so marginal it was essentially statistical noise. Dogs deserved to lose despite being a whopping 62% of the vote.

Mm. The salt sustains me... and also gives me thyroid issues. Oh, well.

Gizuko

im not even remotely salty. I just find it stupid logic. A popularity vote is better than randomly giving a smaller team the win.

I'm not even responding to those people who are calling for adjustments. I think splatfest needs adjustment. X3 or x4 factor to winrate. Thats perfectly fine. But in no way should it be only a winrate competitive. I defended this stance on the back of statistic cause and utilitarian principle. And in no way should cat have won this splatfest, even with the ideal algorithm. That's all.

Well, let's leave it at that then, because while I understand your point in the paragraph bellow, I can't agree with the statement of "stupid logic" nor with it being "random".

Team Rock seems to vastly outnumber Pop, and seems to have the better players too.

Glad I chose rock even though rap is my true choice. #teamrap

nom

Those Cat/Dog results must be pretty salt inducing :p though it sounds like even if you're on the losing side you can still get 18 snail things compared to the winners 24.

Violet_0

Banned

oh, thanks. With the current system, the only way the less popular team can win is if the gap in popularity isn't that large and they also have a significantly higher win rate, somehow. All the good (and bad) players would be more or less evenly split among both team

RedFyn

2 minutes and you guys already have more ideas than anyone last night.

Breakfast vs dinner
You can have breakfast for dinner but not the other way around. Dinner wins by default

aside from the smart Alec response of breakfast for dinner making dinner for breakfast possible

nom

Can you think of one?

IyqhvWy.jpg

EDIT: another I found but they are rare

Wx2Z8DA.png

Ok with the Sea Snails not making me afraid to reroll, I ended up with this neat set for when I use the Kelp Splatterscope/Normal Splatterscope. I think it has potential!

Love how it looks too! I just need to make a good InkBrush set now.

What if we never get three map rotation outside of Splatfest

I'm...not sure how I would feel about that. I think I wouldn't mind, but there would probably be times where I would not play very much because my favorite maps aren't on rotation.

...yeah, I don't know how I'd feel unless it actually came to pass.

Grakl

Ok with the Sea Snails not making me afraid to reroll, I ended up with this neat set for when I use the Kelp Splatterscope/Normal Splatterscope. I think it has potential!

Love how it looks too! I just need to make a good InkBrush set now.
You need way more damage up

JonnyKong

Jeez, just tried the fest for the first time this morning here in the UK and it's just a shambles ain't it? I think out of ten games I got two against pop, and on one of those games there was only one guy on the pop team. Poor sod. What a let down overall. Gonna go back to playing Yoshi instead.

More damage up means less charge needed for a OHKO. You really need one or two main, and if you have only one main then you need a few sub as well.

Both special charge up and respawn time down are gonna be pretty useless. Your set looks cool, though.

Ah I see. I have the Varsity Jacket with strength up main and 3 special savers and a set of Ink Resistance shoes with 2 strength ups, would that be good?

JonnyKong

For future polls I'd like to see,

Apples versus oranges.
Salted popcorn versus sweet.
Vampires versus werewolves.
Mario versus Luigi.
Action versus comedy.
Sex versus food.

Jintor

I am seriously not into this decision to lump Australia in with Europe. The pings are atrocious, the worst I've seen in playing Splatoon so far. I just got killed a full six seconds after I splatted the other guy.

I am seriously not into this decision to lump Australia in with Europe. The pings are atrocious, the worst I've seen in playing Splatoon so far. I just got killed a full six seconds after I splatted the other guy.

This happened to me a few times in the US as well. Not saying it's not exacerbated in your situation, just that I did come across it several times during Splatfest.

It's rubbish. They're not gonna put us with Japan either so we'll have to deal with it. I had to resort to just running around with the Carbon Roller. Can't go toe-to-toe with anyone.

Top Bottom