• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT3| Feel Good Ink

nom

iH9uRLT.jpg

Pop, where you at?

They probably should have just got the results through win percentage alone after factoring in the percentage of the total population if both teams. That way team dog can't steal a win because of the popular vote.

massoluk

Banned
They probably should have just got the results through win percentage alone after factoring in the percentage of the total population if both teams. That way team dog can't steal a win because of the popular vote.

It's not like Team Cat won by a landslide. It's 51%-49%, as far as we know, it could have been theoretically exactly 50%-50%.

Junahu

The less popular team will end up with teams that lack a full 4 players. They're already doomed to lose.

ViviOggi

The less popular team will end up with teams that lack a full 4 players. They're already doomed to lose.

Which is a massive failure on the matchmaker's part, I still can't believe it's allowed to start matches with less than 8 players. It's also easy to rectify.

woopWOOP

I actually managed to get Eternal Rock status on my shitty alt account

Matchmaking on the popular team takes so damn long tho. Yeah I know there's not enough Pop folks, just start me against a Rock team already ya slowpoke matchmaker.

Also we beat Team Pop every time we got matched without me even trying. Rock's got this in the bag (damnit)

Jackano

So dogs won in USA?
It's such a shame. Cats are the living representation of being independent, and you let dogs win on your independence Splatfest day.

I have two hours to do a last session and get ~30 points to max out the 99 thing.
Should be easy but I have to hurry a little.

taparoo

Played as team cat, kinda bummed dogs won based on popularity. I stuck it out on bad teams and carried to help the cause, but it was all for nothing. Got 18 SSS's even with the loss, that was more than I was expecting.

Gizuko

That's it, I'm done. I'm playing for fun now - forget about winning, I'm switching mentality from ranked to turf wars.

I really can't stand how so many pop players keep going the same route after getting splatted. For the 3rd time.

I'm so tired tired of these guys, were it not for how cool the night stages look...

NotLiquid

20+ winning streak on Team Rock took me into Eternal Rock Girl status with a killer team holding everything together the entire past two hours.

Monochrome, alexis and Kas are true squids

massoluk

Banned
I think popularity should count, but it should be weighted a bit less.
May be like:

0.5*Popularity + 2.0*Winning = Final Score

That said, seriously, Team Cat won the battles with the lowest margin possible, don't stay so salty.

J@hranimo

Banned
Hooray Team Dog won!

Interesting calculations to determine this though. If Team Cat had a win ratio of at least 62% they would've won. Okay.

Here's to the next Splatfest! Now to seriously upgrade my gear lol.

Persona7

Banned
You don't get to keep the shirt? I thought I was going to miss out on special items because I missed splat fest but I guess not? Besides the sea snail things

Grakl

oh so dogs were more popular but cats still won the most battles?

lol, this pleases me

get smarter dogs
What pleases me is more snails for me and cats that said they would've chose dogs if they knew it was a popularity contest

Next time do your research cats, stay losing

Sendou

Yeah not playing this any more. The grind to last level is eternal indeed when you are teamed with "my first time playing" level players.

Totakeke

Zero²;170961446 said:
Don't bother with ninja squid, you are a samurai not a ninja.

Actually I would say ninja squid is great for samurais who battle head on, flanking enemies and outmaneuvering them. Because that's what a samurai does. But if you're being a true ninja and just ambushing people, then you don't need ninja squid because they never see you coming anyway.

Hope I'm confusing things enough.

Grakl

Hooray Team Dog won!

Interesting calculations to determine this though. If Team Cat had a win ratio of at least 62% they would've won. Okay.

Here's to the next Splatfest! Now to seriously upgrade my gear lol.

No, they would've needed 59%. Still very high

62% but yall still couldn't win

team dog should come to play next time

;p
I mean you can always play me in GAF rooms if you want and see what happens there

hutna

Been thinking about getting Splatoon. One question: can you play local co-op online? In other words can my partner and I play on the same console online or do we each need our own WiiU to play online?

Sendou

Been thinking about getting Splatoon. One question: can you play local co-op online? In other words can my partner and I play on the same console online or do we each need our own WiiU to play online?

Nope. Only one player can play online at a time per console.

Special duration up is best for bomb rushes since they're useful for pushing territory and the amount you paint also goes back into refilling your special gauge.

I use it on my .96 Gal setup. I wear gear with it and special charge up so I can echolocate everyone often and for a longer time.

Ah, I guess it's really just a case of me not using any setups that benefit from it ^.^;

Also does anyone have any general tips for using the inkbrush? I was one of the ones who used it when it launched and sucked big time and never touched it again

* use the swings to spread ink, not the 'run', the rolling method doesn't actually put all that much ink down and is better for manouvering.
* you kill by getting the drop on people and spamming the attack button, unlike rollers where a splash or two or even just running people over suffices. With inkbrush you have to hammer that button like you're trying to do chun-li's lightning legs and make sure you don't overestimate the range: if you don't jump or aim upwards it's pretty darn short :p
* sprinklers. sprinklers everywhere! (an inkbrush can dominate splatzones in blackbelly park by slapping a sprinkler ontop of the central pillar and just spamming ink slashes in the general direction of the zones so it rains down on them.)
* to expand on the previous point, having a sprinkler painting area while you're painting area elsewhere makes your special fill up nice and fast and gives you a juicy score so whenever you don't have a sprinkler set up you should probably look for an opportunity to toss one somewhere useful.
* in order to get people to not pay attention to you, a sprinkler tossed on an opposite wall is usually enough to distract most people giving you the opportunity to roll up and begin the slashening :3
* don't bother taking people head on with the brush: if someone sees you use your superior rolling speed to escape, go around and flank them. You'll end up behind them before they even realise what you're up to :p

That's how I play and it works pretty darn well. Anyone is free to expand/correct those points though :eek:

woopWOOP

One of you linked to this fancy Excel sheet for hat equips and the rate they can get certain subabilities. Any sheets for clothing and shoes too? Thanks in advance :]

Top Bottom