• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT3| Feel Good Ink

Wow... What the fuck, I join a rank battle and the tower is taken by the other team, then the match is over in 30s?

That wasn't fun at all. There wasn't any push or pull.

DaBoss

How are more people not using the .52 Gal in Tower Control? It has the lowest TTK. Splash Wall is very good for stopping opponents and I've gotten kills with it lol. Killer Wail is a "you shall not pass" special and just stalls the enemy team nicely.

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01tvum5.jpg
I'm happy with how my gear turned out but come on...they could have at least given me one trips.

trixx

This splatfest is just pretty shit isn't it. Don't really care if they do it again. Rather they do something different like more modes than two at a time.

Edit: the game just started 4 v 1. The others didn't get disconnected either, the matchmaking literally put one player in our lobby then started the game :/

He went 5-2 lol. I got my 400 points then went afk.
yeah i think ill pass on the next one and play ranked.Turf war gets boring

what in the world is this. Thankfully i play purely for swag

Ansatz

Never. Got owned by Rock except when your performance was good enough to win even if it were 1v4.

I can imagine a skilled pop team playing for hours just racking up win after win, vs me who wastes time playing useless rock matches. Plus alot of time was wasted in the lobbies :/

To be honest rock v rock were generally harder games, I dominated most pop matches. And alot of games started without a full pop team. I think we got this

Totakeke

How are more people not using the .52 Gal in Tower Control? It has the lowest TTK. Splash Wall is very good for stopping opponents and I've gotten kills with it lol. Killer Wail is a "you shall not pass" special and just stalls the enemy team nicely.

I demand credit for that idea. :p

There's a few maps where it really excels, others not as much but still a good choice nonetheless.

Nope, screw this. This mode is ending up in a landslide victory every time and is totally unfun. Back to turf war.

Just gotta get better.

Neol

Nope, screw this. This mode is ending up in a landslide victory every time and is totally unfun. Back to turf war.

Yea tower control ends up being a splatfest or a clear stomp.

If anything wait for splat zone to be back in rotation as that is generally better and less chaotic then tower control.

NotLiquid

I never had that much of an easy ride with Splatfest. It was only really today when I managed to get a solid team that stayed together.

I kept underestimating Pop much of the time and I got my ass handed to me a good number of times as a result. I do agree though that Pop seemed to have more of the "newcomers".

Totakeke

Tower Control is much better and far less chaotic once you realize there's an ebb and flow. When you lose the tower after going into enemy territory, you have to decide whether to regroup or whether to keep pushing. Overextending yourselves will lead to them having a much better chance of a comeback. If you choose to regroup, while waiting the tower to go to the neutral center, take the time to reestablish the middle by inking so that your teammates would be able to flank and fight much easier.

I can imagine a skilled pop team playing for hours just racking up win after win, vs me who wastes time playing useless rock matches. Plus alot of time was wasted in the lobbies :/

To be honest rock v rock were generally harder games, I dominated most pop matches. And alot of games started without a full pop team. I think we got this
inb4 pop was 90% young One Direction fans.

Azure J

I've been using the Deco myself since I like playing the guy kicking the other team off the tower/keeping them away from the tower in that mode, but more and more the regular .52 seems geared for this mode.

Tower Control is much better and far less chaotic once you realize there's an ebb and flow. When you lose the tower after going into enemy territory, you have to decide whether to regroup or whether to keep pushing. Overextending yourselves will lead to them having a much better chance of a comeback. If you choose to regroup, while waiting the tower to go to the neutral center, take the time to reestablish the middle by inking so that your teammates would be able to flank and fight much easier.

Another interesting little strategy is to go and ink as much of the way in the other team has used previously. Wasting their time by making them have to create new ways in is invaluable especially in the late game push or when you're wining by single digit distance differences.

Totakeke

Another interesting little strategy is to go and ink as much of the way in the other team has used previously. Wasting their time by making them have to create new ways in is invaluable especially in the late game push or when you're wining by single digit distance differences.

Assuming you mean when the areas are not under contention, this is a high risk strategy. Your team may be losing the game while you are inking currently non-essential areas.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
Hey where's that chart or whatever that shows when stacking specific perks becomes ineffective? I wanna know if the ink savers I have on here are redundant.

phanphare

Banned
But statistically, the side with more people would have more poor players and 100% of their battles wouldn't be against the opposing team.

actually this makes sense. the team with more people will inevitably have to play themselves which doesn't count towards the splatfest stuff.

so it makes sense that the win percentage would be really close and probably will always be this close.

Splatfest can kick rocks. It was lame as fuck.

Having a bunch of sea snails is cool but I always have a ton of money because I p!ay so much ranked.

Ansatz

Yea, dogs won overall. Dogs won the vote (62% to 38%). Cats won in terms of battles (51% vs 49%).

That doesn't make any sense. So they add the two categories together for the final result? Battles will always be roughly a 50/50 split so that basically means the most popular team wins in that case.

Sendou

Just started ranked.

Play more. Win matches. You rank up and get matched with people knowing what they're doing making for more intense matches by average.

Don't judge a game mode just from your short time of playing with incompetent players. Not saying A is some magic unicorn land but by average it features a lot better players, yeah.

Totakeke

Judd dispensing wisdom as always. Look at him, he's deeply tired and disappointed at all of you cat folks for not winning the splatfest.

Sharing bubbler makes you easier to get pushed back. I also managed to push back a passive kraken today, but maybe the knockback is less if they don't jump?

Azure J

Assuming you mean when the areas are not under contention, this is a high risk strategy. Your team may be losing the game while you are inking currently non-essential areas.

I'm not about to go trailblaze in a situation where the team isn't in a situation to make big inroads with one another. I'm also not talking about a meticulous "Always Be Coloring" either, just pick one or two paths in and coat them before headed back to support your team on or near the tower.

That doesn't make any sense. So they add the two categories together for the final result? Battles will always be roughly a 50/50 split so that basically means the most popular team wins in that case.
They add the percentage of people that chose them, plus the win percentage which is doubeld so it counts for more. But yeah, still seems like the battles would ve close enough that the more popular team will win almost everytime.

Totakeke

I'm not about to go trailblaze in a situation where the team isn't in a situation to make big inroads with one another. I'm also not talking about a meticulous "Always Be Coloring" either, just pick one or two paths in and coat them before headed back to support your team on or near the tower.

If it's just a bit ahead of the tower that's fine. I've seen people preoccupied with painting the advance areas not realizing that their team is losing the game because the tower is headed the other away. Definitely been in teams that both benefit and lost because of that.

Ansatz

Yeah, because I can totally learn a game mode that's a blowout loss every time. Win or loss, I get less than a minute of experience.

Use a long ranged weapon and defend a chokepoint from a position that gives you an advantage. If your team dies in mid and let the others get past a certain point then it's hard to defend. Just defend a narrow entrance on the tower path to your side of the map. You're also in position for safe super jumps.

Play more. Win matches. You rank up and get matched with people knowing what they're doing making for more intense matches by average.

Don't judge a game mode just from your short time of playing with incompetent players. Not saying A is some magic unicorn land but by average it features a lot better players, yeah.

I'm actually going to say once you get into B/B+ the players get pretty good.

I have some issues with ranked, but at the same time if I just crushed everyone and got to A+ in a few days I probably wouldn't keep going back.

You can though.

What gun do you use?

I'm finding the .52 gal to be something.

I'm finding it frustrating, sorry.

Top Bottom