• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT3| Feel Good Ink

Jonke

Neo Member
As a member of TeamPop, i can't say i've had any "terrible players". Like super beginner-like.

Just trying to help other people to reach max-rank before it ends. =)

Dogs aren't *that* more popular than cats here...

...But they are among guys, which are the primary demographic of this game. Girls help even things out IRL by consisting of half the population and not being nearly as lop-sided but there probably aren't that many girls spending their July 4th playing Splatoon.

Come on now, cats aren't that unpopular

After a rough start I'm consistently winning nearly every game now. Some of that is due to some awfully unbalanced teams with really low level players on team dog though

Y'all owe me an apology!!!

Team Cat got bamboozled >:{

Qurupeke

I only played this morning and at first I had a win streak of around 10~. TeamPop as I mentioned earlier.After that it was a bit chaotic but I've found a few good players. I can't see it being that bad but if TeamRock has really a more easier time I can see being on the losing side.

Totakeke

Any personal experience towards whether one group is better than the other is null and void since we saw what happened with dogs vs cats.

Zemm

This splatfest is just pretty shit isn't it. Don't really care if they do it again. Rather they do something different like more modes than two at a time.

Edit: the game just started 4 v 1. The others didn't get disconnected either, the matchmaking literally put one player in our lobby then started the game :/

He went 5-2 lol. I got my 400 points then went afk.

Qurupeke

This splatfest is just pretty shit isn't it. Don't really care if they do it again. Rather they do something different like more modes than two at a time.

It had its problems. Matchmaking wasn't that good and it was lame locking stages and a mode for this. Overall it had a nice feeling but I hope for more. Different modes and maybe some special rule that doesn't apply to normal battles.

Hell yea dogs win, was there any doubt?

But not surprised cats won slightly more in wins, dog team had a lot more people thus a lot more noobs to beat.

Stay fresh cats

Totakeke

What's the secret sauce behind tentatek splattershots that make them twice as hard to splat.

Same here. Most of my matches were one-sided. I got bored and started painting walls and stuff.

That'll make it even more unbalanced with the current matchmaking.

Avalt

Disappointed that Splatfest was decided thru a glorified popularity contest. Next time I will definitely choose the popular side even if I prefer the other one. Seems like minorities have no chance of winning under the current system.

Crisium

Rollers are the hardest counter to Brush. B even if you sneak up there's a strong chance they will OHKO you. That's really my only problem with Brush. I'm fine avoiding head on engagements, but when sneak attacks still lose most times against rollers it's annoying.

DaBoss

I've always used the brush without Ninja Squid. I find the ability to be useless already, so I never really use it.
Ink resistance, special charge up, swim speed up (run speed is useless), ink saver main, ink saver sub and preferably 1 bomb range up as a couple of great sprinkler locations are super hard throws without it.
Bomb Range Up actually doesn't help increase the range of the Sprinkler.
62% but yall still couldn't win

team dog should come to play next time

;p
But statistically, the side with more people would have more poor players and 100% of their battles wouldn't be against the opposing team.

So the wins percentage difference should have been much greater if Team Cat was good, but here we see the lowest percentage difference possible that was most likely rounded up/rounded down to have a winner (51% vs 49%).

Team Cat stay losing.

Zemm

Oh wow didn't expect to get Max rank after just 3hrs. Thought there was going to be one more level grind. Glad that's over with though.

Congrats to team cat btw, you and rock the true winners this time.

Crisium

here we see the lowest percentage difference possible that was most likely rounded up/rounded down to have a winner (51% vs 49%).

Team Cat stay losing.

It was most likely truncated. Still, not surprising to see most matches be around the 50% mark. It's simply a popularity contest. I doubt the losing vote team will ever win a Splatfest unless the vote is single digit difference.

Totakeke

Ninja squid is still very useful against chargers in open ground. You still got to be fast enough to close in while keeping the charger guessing.

Illucio

Banned
I logged on today thinking splatfest was still going on.

.... Why is Splatfest only for a day?

I'm a little peed off that I missed it because it was the fourth of July and I was out at a party.

Not only is Splatfest only for one day, but it was rescheduled on a day where most people are out doing something.

Well Team Cat lost even though they had the most wins... So I guess I'm just missing out on the frustration and disgust most people are having for Team Dog winning because they had more players.

Can someone explain what's the point of levelling up your Splatfest title? No one is gonna keep it after the Splatfest, right?

Also, is there anything else to gain from this event?

Crisium

Can someone explain what's the point of levelling up your Splatfest title? No one is gonna keep it after the Splatfest, right?

Also, is there anything else to gain from this event?

You get more Shells the higher your rank. Each allows a reroll or a new slot added to equipment. They are thus worth 30,000 each.

Tunic

I am kinda surprised that Team Dog fell short in win percentage. Looks like some folks in Team Dog need to put in some work! I am embarrassed! Pretty fun special event but I wish there was a map rotation though.

happy with my character and i still have 10 more snails left lol

MlWA77wpf9wvfwAbLW

Meeps

Really hope they fix the matchmaking issues next time. Encountered 3-person teams at least a dozen times, and I'm sure that messes with the win counts.

Does the level grind in this game feel extreme for anyone else? I bought this day one, but I've only gotten up to 10 and everything just feels sluggish, like even when I do well in a match, it doesn't really matter towards my points.

Crisium

Does the level grind in this game feel extreme for anyone else? I bought this day one, but I've only gotten up to 10 and everything just feels sluggish, like even when I do well in a match, it doesn't really matter towards my points.

Play ranked to get more points / cash. You'll get 0 or close to 0 when you lose, but as long as you win every 50% on average you'll get much more points in ranked especially as you gain ranks.

Meeps

Levels 10-20 can go pretty fast if you're winning in Ranked mode.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Phew that was close. I got called away to help my wife, and so I asked my 11 year old daughter to stand in for me. She hit 99 points literally on the last match. She got my character to max, then the news popped up to mark the end of the event :)

Busaiku

It'd be funny if next time, the teams are even more unbalanced in terms of members, but the wins skew even more in favor of the less popular team.

Ansatz

When are the results announced?

I hated how every other match was rock vs rock, did the pop teams face each other frequently too?

I only played for just over an hour today, but I reached Charismatic Rock Girl, and only lost 4 matches, with the last defeat due to me leaving and rejoining a team with a level 9, 10, and 12 against a team of 3 20's and an 18.

Top Bottom