• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT3| Feel Good Ink

Geg

Yeah I saw one person, turned out to be 3, my whole team was dead in the last 10 seconds because of that and we had the game pretty much locked.

That last match on saltspray was pretty laggy for me

This happened to me yesterday, kind of. On blackbelly skatepark, the half of the middle part that I was on was all inked up in my color so I went over to the other side because I saw one of my teammates shooting and thought I should help. Roller out of nowhere, splatted both of us at the same time, and then I see my other two teammates had been splatted a few seconds prior. They cover about 70% of the map and by the time we all respawn and make it back to their ink the match is over

Gizuko

I just squidbagged a roller, as a squiffer. I'm a terrible person.

I think it's the first time I squidbag anyone, actually.

So i gave the .96 a try for the first time. Damn, this gun is good and so powerful.

2 hit kills and a nice range to boot add in ink saver main as an ability and you got yourself a killing machine.

DaBoss

I think I need more damage up for the E-liter. Wasn't getting partially charged shots I thought I would get.

Whenever I score higher than my teammates with the E-liter, it feels like I'm doing something wrong lol.
-----

I had this really close Tower Control game on Port where the enemy team got to 3 in the last ten seconds, but we managed to hold them back then take control of the tower. Then it went to overtime and we just some how managed to hold them all off and won the game. My sister was watching and she had her mouth open in amazement. I couldn't believe that happened.

Geg

I just squidbagged a roller, as a squiffer. I'm a terrible person.

I think it's the first time I squidbag anyone, actually.

I only do it if I take out someone who did it to me previously, same as with taunting in Smash. The only time I've done it unprovoked was when I took out three guys simultaneously with the killer wail

massoluk

Banned
Ok, this match was 7/8 Japanese. All but me. At 5 AM Japan time.

I'm not a racist; I'm a lagist. Damn you Japanese. How does one find the peak hour to avoid their horde!!

You can tell this game is selling big in Japan when I'm still regularly finding level 1-10 in the matches, all Japanese more than month after launch.

WALKMAN04

That match on saltspray just pissed me off damn Japanese laggers, somehow they can charge a shot and throw a burst bomb at the same time, then I chase him down he's in front of me and I know exactly where he is because my teammate used echolocater then somehow he's behind me. Next he is in squid form hiding in his ink, comes out and one shits me with the charger without charging.

Edit: Doc please tell me no lag was involved when I jumped over your kraken lol

noshten

I think I need more damage up for the E-liter. Wasn't getting partially charged shots I thought I would get.

Whenever I score higher than my teammates with the E-liter, it feels like I'm doing something wrong lol.
-----

I had this really close Tower Control game on Port where the enemy team got to 3 in the last ten seconds, but we managed to hold them back then take control of the tower. Then it went to overtime and we just some how managed to hold them all off and won the game. My sister was watching and she had her mouth open in amazement. I couldn't believe that happened.

You have any tips for a Novice Charger player - been playing in Turf War, but A+ lobbies I fail to make an impact.

I've been mainly learning how to snipe but I feel like I'm missing too many shots at this point. And I'm unable to control areas like I should.

Gizuko

I only do it if I take out someone who did it to me previously, same as with taunting in Smash. The only time I've done it unprovoked was when I took out three guys simultaneously with the killer wail

Well, that one feat does deserve a bit of squidbagging.

To be honest, I only did it because it was my 1st/2nd match with the squiffer, the guy had killed me once before and had started to see me as easy prey - though I only died that once during the whole match.

I don't plan on making an habit out of it though, I feel kinda bad for him.

DaBoss

You have any tips for a Novice Charger player - been playing in Turf War, but A+ lobbies I fail to make an impact.

I've been mainly learning how to snipe but I feel like I'm missing too many shots at this point. And I'm unable to control areas like I should.
I'm not really sure what tips I could give. You'll get the hang of it with practice. I'm much more comfortable with the scoped chargers than the ones without it. Maybe you can try those? Though I think I started off with the ones without the scope.

I think what got me used to chargers was using them in Arowana Mall and Blackbelly Skatepark. On Arowana Mall, I would just go to one of the sniper perches and just try to control the middle and pick people off. For Blackbelly Skatepark, I first tried to control the right-most area. Then as I got more comfortable with chargers, I would go on the tower in the middle and try to splat as many people as possible.

Also, play in GAF rooms for Turf War. I think that really helps.

WALKMAN04

Good games everyone, fun as usual. Gonna play like 2 or 3 more matches just to finish upgrading a piece of equipment then I'm going to take a break

Grakl

What charger you using? I'm A+ and pretty much exclusively only use Kelp Splatterscope

noshten

What charger you using? I'm A+ and pretty much exclusively only use Kelp Splatterscope

The Custom E-liter, got two ink saver mains for hat and shirt.
I use Kraken to mainly get that one guy who got into my face and than run away like a little girl. It's mainly the fact that I'm not aiming well enough and miss a fair few shots. On the other hand I enjoy the E-liter range.

Grakl

The Custom E-liter, got two ink saver mains for hat and shirt.
I use Kraken to mainly get that one guy who got into my face and than run away like a little girl. It's mainly the fact that I'm not aiming well enough and miss a fair few shots. On the other hand I enjoy the E-liter range.
Are you using the gyro?

Neoxon

BvqoWgZ.jpg

Perfect

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Is there a knack to attacking with the Dynamo roller flick? I had a horrible few matches on tower with rollers killing me from a long way off and below the tower. But when I tried it, I'm not hitting much at all.

What's everyone's favorite Gamepad game?

Mine is the squid volleyball by far. Gets damn tough in later stages. My max so far is Stage 27.

Is there a knack to attacking with the Dynamo roller flick? I had a horrible few matches on tower with rollers killing me from a long way off and below the tower. But when I tried it, I'm not hitting much at all.
Hit the attack button THEN hit the jump button. It should boost the range you splash noticeably :D

How many times can stat boosts stack up?
This video I found linked on squidboards should be fairly comprehensive coverage of most stat questions :3
https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=13&v=iWpt0sSbqOI
Also max values are on the 2nd post in this squidboards thread (though the ink resistance values have changed since the patch): http://squidboards.com/threads/detailed-information-on-skills-splatoon-book-guide-scans.2011/

atr0cious

What's everyone's favorite Gamepad game?

Mine is the squid volleyball by far. Gets damn tough in later stages. My max so far is Stage 27.

Squid Race is my favorite, with Sound test next. Volleyball is chill, but I get bored of it quick, like an obtuse angry birds.

Squid Race is my favorite, with Sound test next. Volleyball is chill, but I get bored of it quick, like an obtuse angry birds.

I like Squid Race too, but sound test is kinda meh to me. I like the music but I'd rather have it on Spotify or something. I can't get into the "game" that goes with it.

Top Bottom