• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT3| Feel Good Ink

You haven't played yoshis woolly world, right?

All them delicious skins! ;-;

Suffering with the rest of the North Americans until October...

My new favorite way to play is to try to choose the weapon that makes the least sense for any given map. Still haven't figured out how to make the sniper rifle effective on Bluefin Depot.

fred

I am loving this game holy crap. Still a bit unsure about all the gear options and especially weapons. I think I'd like the single shots but I don't think I can give up the rapid fire gun I'm using now.

I love the rapid firing guns myself. The Aerospray RG in particular is awesome, very easy to charge up the Special attack, the Inkstrike, and you can practically guarantee a win if you have more than two on your side even if people don't know what they're doing lmfao

Not too busy worrying about the gear, I just wear what looks good lol

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
I missed the Charger discussion yesterday but I was playing ranked yesterday and I played this one guy with the tag hentai (yeah, I know) in weird characters and he had an A+ ranking. Probably the best Splatoon player I've played against.

We were playing Bluefin Depot which isn't a very roller friendly map to begin with and this guy was rushing in and holding the position and taking people out as if he were rushing you with a roller. I'm not taking getting on a perch and picking people off either, he was right in the middle of the action taking me and my team out up close and personal.

Reminded me of l33t Counter Strike 1.3-1.6 players who would rush with the AWP in de_dust2 or other maps and take people out.

Oh yeah, and the Kraken has been properly nerfed now. I don't want to hear anymore complaining about the Kraken. Played against SM239 yesterday not realizing the Kraken had been nerfed and he was just standing, not even moving, shooting me impeding any movement towards him.

Crisium

I missed the Charger discussion yesterday but I was playing ranked yesterday and I played this one guy with the tag hentai (yeah, I know) in weird characters and he had an A+ ranking. Probably the best Splatoon player I've played against.

We were playing Bluefin Depot which isn't a very roller friendly map to begin with and this guy was rushing in and holding the position and taking people out as if he were rushing you with a roller. I'm not taking getting on a perch and picking people off either, he was right in the middle of the action taking me and my team out up close and personal.

Reminded me of l33t Counter Strike 1.3-1.6 players who would rush with the AWP in de_dust2 or other maps and take people out.

Oh yeah, and the Kraken has been properly nerfed now. I don't want to hear anymore complaining about the Kraken. Played against SM239 yesterday not realizing the Kraken had been nerfed and he was just standing, not even moving, shooting me impeding any movement towards him.

Yeah, Kraken can be stopped so easily now. It's really just for ninja attacks. I thought it was fine before, where rapid fire could slow it down enough which bought you time that was valuable if you didn't have much ink to fall back in.

And for the above part, which Charger did he have?

ViviOggi

24 snails seem like a lot until you realize that Spyke is literally Myriam

At least I can be fashionable again, had to wear that fugly bike helmet to balance out the Splatfest tee's trash stats

You haven't played yoshis woolly world, right?

All them delicious skins! ;-;
I cancelled my Wooly World preorder but kept the Yarn Yoshi Amiibo's

Grakl

What abilities?

The Custom E-liter, got two ink saver mains for hat and shirt.
I use Kraken to mainly get that one guy who got into my face and than run away like a little girl. It's mainly the fact that I'm not aiming well enough and miss a fair few shots. On the other hand I enjoy the E-liter range.

If I may offer some rather unconventional advice: see if you can get into a Turf Wars room full of single digits. Join a newbie friend if you have to, as they often seem to be paired with other low levels. It sounds terrible, but you're using a highly precise weapon you don't understand, and that makes you something of a novice, too. I was trash at sniping and absolutely couldn't get an understanding of how twitch aiming works until this happened to me in a friend's room. Beginners haven't mastered dodging yet, but they have some idea of what to do, so they effectively function as charger training wheels. And since you're still learning too, you can force them to learn how to deal with chargers on easier terms.

That was what got me over the wall to learn how people move and how to react. Pretty competent with twitch sniping now.

atr0cious

I like Squid Race too, but sound test is kinda meh to me. I like the music but I'd rather have it on Spotify or something. I can't get into the "game" that goes with it.

I like it for the equalizer novelty, especially if I'm sitting in queue, waiting for the gaf room to open. Different music for my stream would probably be welcome, maybe I'll look into a playlist, like that Splatunes album.

Azure J

Why did I look at my overall play time stats for Splatoon? I somehow feel really really bad about this. lol

iy7kkSE.jpg

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Yeah, Kraken can be stopped so easily now. It's really just for ninja attacks. I thought it was fine before, where rapid fire could slow it down enough which bought you time that was valuable if you didn't have much ink to fall back in.

And for the above part, which Charger did he have?

I think it was the Splatterscope because he kept throwing bombs not 100% sure though.

So what use does inkling speed give other than probably being useful on kelp dome if you rather stay on the top bridges?

I know it doesn't affect roller speed but does it affect your speed while moving and shooting? I mean why would you rather run than turn into a squid unless the the time to shoot your gun is faster in kid form than turning from squid to kid.

AlexIIDX

I never post in here so im sure its been discussed a lot by if you have a 2 map rotation why the fuck is it random?...just got the same 5 times in a row.

Robotguy

So what use does inkling speed give other than probably being useful on kelp dome if you rather stay on the top bridges?

I know it doesn't affect roller speed but does it affect your speed while moving and shooting? I mean why would you rather run than turn into a squid unless the the time to shoot your gun is faster in kid form than turning from squid to kid.
Pretty sure it doesn't effect speed when you're running and shooting, but I think it's useful for Nozzlenose, since it fires in bursts so you're only technically shooting a small portion of the time.

Xeteh

He should try a different weapon like the junior with bubbler or the aerospray so he get more points and feel like he is doing better, jet squelcher isn't the easiest to use.

Yeah I know. I told him the same thing but he just ignored the advice.

Totakeke

Was he as good as this guy?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59Y6zBGNCXI&feature=youtu.be

Robotguy

Is it possible for a whole entire team to disconnect?

Because we won without them doing much. Lmao.

LysHxyg.jpg
Yeah, I played a match in Kelp Dome turf wars that turned into a 3V0. Happened with like 1 minute remaining. We spent the remainder of the match trying to pad our ink scores as much as possible.

DaBoss

Need more gaffers in this room. These randoms are terrible lol
So I need to know, did someone really jump off the ledge on that Bluefin Depot match when you had a bubble? That's what it looked like on my end, I was laughing so hard. That match was all around hilarious cause some of the enemy team were just standing still not sure of what to do or walking in our team's ink.

The best part is that we got to the enemy upper half of the map and I decided to go on top of the wall surrounding the spawn pad. I fell down and got stuck between the wall and the spawn pad barrier lol. I then used my bubbler and a teammate super jumped to me so we shared it. Then an enemy team activated their bubbler and started to shoot me while our teammate tried to roll them over. I then started squid-kidding and eventually my bubble ran out and got killed by the enemy in the last second.

So I need to know, did someone really jump off the ledge on that Bluefin Depot match when you had a bubble? That's what it looked like on my end, I was laughing so hard. That match was all around hilarious cause some of the enemy team were just standing still not sure of what to do or walking in our team's ink.

The best part is that we got to the enemy upper half of the map and I decided to go on top of the wall surrounding the spawn pad. I fell down and got stuck between the wall and the spawn pad barrier lol. I then used my bubbler and a teammate super jumped to me so we shared it. Then an enemy team activated their bubbler and started to shoot me while our teammate tried to roll them over. I then started squid-kidding and eventually my bubble ran out and got killed by the enemy in the last second.

That was me lol

Jintor

I like it for the equalizer novelty, especially if I'm sitting in queue, waiting for the gaf room to open. Different music for my stream would probably be welcome, maybe I'll look into a playlist, like that Splatunes album.

link

that better be the name of the OST

Top Bottom