• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT3| Feel Good Ink

Junahu

Instead of hopping onto splatgaf like I should have (I promise I will tommorrow), I sprited this little graphic to show my current splatterscope loadout.
squidloadout1.png

I'm super attached to my Sporty Bobble Hat, (even though an ugly ass Skate Helmet would be better for a die-constantly build). I think I'll be wearing this even once I get better hats

Haunt is just plain beautiful insurance. It's more or less a death sentence to whoever kills me, which is great because chargers can be high priority targets on maps with clear chokepoints. Arowana Mall in particular is great because Haunt will alert my team to the fact that someone has broken through the middle and splatted me.

A single Strength up instead of two stings just a little. But honestly I only need strength up to deal with those moments where I need to release my charge sooner than I expected.

Stealth Jump just doesn't work with a Charger, so I've finally made the tough decision to ditch my Cherry Kicks (at least while I run splatterscope)

It's probably just a placebo, but run speed up seems to really jack up my movement-while-charging. I might replace the Work Boots with Blue Slip Ons, if I can luck out on the sub-rolls.

Crisium

Gonna finally try another weapon. I've never played Splattershot or the Pro version, so I think I'll try the Forge Pro out. Point Sensor can be good for teamplay, and I've never actually tried Inkzooka before. It has good range, which I like for shooters (Nozzle is the closest range I can stand).

Azure J

So I need to know, did someone really jump off the ledge on that Bluefin Depot match when you had a bubble? That's what it looked like on my end, I was laughing so hard. That match was all around hilarious cause some of the enemy team were just standing still not sure of what to do or walking in our team's ink.

The best part is that we got to the enemy upper half of the map and I decided to go on top of the wall surrounding the spawn pad. I fell down and got stuck between the wall and the spawn pad barrier lol. I then used my bubbler and a teammate super jumped to me so we shared it. Then an enemy team activated their bubbler and started to shoot me while our teammate tried to roll them over. I then started squid-kidding and eventually my bubble ran out and got killed by the enemy in the last second.

Well now that someone has outed the shenanigans involving Bluefin's upper lips/walls around the spawn point, I can share my favorite spawn camp story ever. Imagine you just get back from seeing yourself and two teammates get horrifically btfo and as you're racing back to the front lines off the spawn point, you see those same two teammates squid forward and a splash wall drop right in front of them and you killing them instantly.

I was in goddamn tears. The best part was I was there for a hot 30 seconds wondering who was there with me only to randomly swing at a portion of the wall and see someone fall to their death because they activated bubbler and got pushed off by my brush.

Crisium

Haha, had a crazy game with the Forge Pro. Only death was from falling off a cliff and I got 8 or 9 kills, half with Inkzooka. It feels evil to use Inkzooka haha. Too bad it disconnected right before score screen, doh.

Finally got into a gaf lobby.

You could burn through your massive bank and still not get it. If you intend to use both, why fret?

I got lucky with the first sea snail reroll, so I do feel kinda lucky. Plus I just like having 3 in a row if I ever swap gear out.

Edit: Stop giving us the Deopt map.

Crisium

Even with 2 Ink Saver Subs, Splattershot Pro depletes your Ink supply so quickly. I'll play around with it for a bit though, see how I do with it in the GAF room (in line now). I have Jet Squelcher as my go to long range, Nozzle as my medium range, so it'll be either the 96 Gal or Pro for my medium-long range - if I want a gun for that range at all. Dual Squelcher is the same range as those as well, but as a real Squelcher user I can't dishonor myself with that version. :p

StAidan

Even with 2 Ink Saver Subs, Splattershot Pro depletes your Ink supply so quickly. I'll play around with it for a bit though, see how I do with it in the GAF room (in line now).

Yeah, I've really been enjoying the Pro myself but the ink consumption is killer. I have 2 Ink Saver perks and a set of shoes with triple Ink Recovery, it definitely helps, but it's still painful.

atr0cious

Brushes that get behind enemy lines are a nice thing to have

Brushes are pretty much mobile spawn points, so I really appreciate Kevin staying alive, even if it means abandoning me sometimes. One match he had zero kills and deaths in a match we won.

I'm really happy that my first perfect piece of equipment is one with Stealth Jump and 3 Swim Speed Ups.

That's gonna give me soooo much mileage lol.

I didn't even do any rerolls. This all came from a 1-star piece of equipment on my first try.

SM239

Well that's enough charging for today. When I can't hit a standard roller I know my aim is off.

So the rapid blaster does almost no damage up close huh?

Yeah its a 3 shot kill with the blast and a two shot kill with direct hits. It is probably the most underpowered weapon in the game imo

Totakeke

I don't think it's a coincidence and I've been seeing it for quite a while, but using all gear with the same main ability tends to make you look fresh.

Azure J

Fuck these Japanese players and their constant jumping.

I had a match with Jintor this morning where I was literally sniping people out of jumps and let me tell you something right now, after putting up with jumping Aerosprays^nth, that shit was satisfying as all hell.

Jumping on now, playing charger for a bit.

Doorman

Guess I'm waiting for the map change to continue my weapon tests.

Good. I fucking hate Bluefin Depot anyway.

I'm always terrible on Bluefin for whatever reason.

Well that's enough charging for today. When I can't hit a standard roller I know my aim is off.

Yeah its a 3 shot kill with the blast and a two shot kill with direct hits. It is probably the most underpowered weapon in the game imo

Its like 80 something damage for a direct hit. Its not an easy weapon to use.

I was getting chased by a roller and shot her six times point blank while hopping backwards. Didn't even flinch -_-

Definitely not a CQC weapon.

Top Bottom