• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT4| You're a detriment to your squad

Razmos

What is that 2nd last weapon?
Hero Shot Replica. I think you get it by beating the Squid Amiibo challenges.
It's just a basic Splattershot

Going back to that one gun for a moment, it's also hanging up on the wall of Sheldon's shop.

76FXYMl.jpg

(I follow @DrLilRobot and they've been dooping around with Splatoon models, and noted this weapon as well. Spyke also apparently has his legs modeled backwards, for more unrelated trivia lol)
Of note, every other weapon we see there is an actual weapon in game, so it seems silly they would come up with a unique model like that and not have it as a weapon.

tkscz

Rainmaker fucking sucks

I like it, but it really needs voice chat. You need people to back you up when you have the rainmaker. Even if it's offensive, it's fire is super slow. However, your team is usually going in a straight path away from you and you'll find yourself alone with the rainmaker a lot.

Also, has anyone else experience a teammate having the RM and make it to the point, and then stand there trying to kill the other team with it instead of mounting the point and then loosing it? Cause I had that happen 3 times so far.

backlot

I like it, but it really needs voice chat. You need people to back you up when you have the rainmaker. Even if it's offensive, it's fire is super slow. However, your team is usually going in a straight path away from you and you'll find yourself alone with the rainmaker a lot.

Also, has anyone else experience a teammate having the RM and make it to the point, and then stand there trying to kill the other team with it instead of mounting the point and then loosing it? Cause I had that happen 3 times so far.

I've had people take it all the way to enemy spawn. I figure they don't know what the goal is in this mode.

Geg

Rainmaker absolutely requires your team, and the rainmaker holder in particular, to have a good understanding and awareness of what's going on in the battle and where the enemies are whenever they're trying to push. There have been times where I know that the enemy team is mostly wiped but the guy with the rainmaker doesn't so he's still cautiously staying back.

It's why echolocator is so good for that mode, yesterday in a match with gaf I took out two people with the rainmaker, then could see thanks to echolocator that the only remaining enemy was behind me, so I was able to just dash forward without fear and gave our team a massive lead.

Mellopillow

Neo Member
Wow, I knew Marie was an evil deception all along! Haha this splatfest opens up so many doors. what's next? Superman vs batman? Shriek vs Farquad?

tkscz

I've had people take it all the way to enemy spawn. I figure they don't know what the goal is in this mode.

Hahaha I had someone take rainmaker to enemy spawn as well. I was wondering what the heck was going on.

I actually haven't had that happened, how fast did the other team kill them?

But man watching this guy stand next to the point, while it was covered in our ink, and just shoot the other team, with bad aim, was so frustrating.

Rainmaker absolutely requires your team, and the rainmaker holder in particular, to have a good understanding and awareness of what's going on in the battle and where the enemies are whenever they're trying to push. There have been times where I know that the enemy team is mostly wiped but the guy with the rainmaker doesn't so he's still cautiously staying back.

It's why echolocator is so good for that mode, yesterday in a match with gaf I took out two people with the rainmaker, then could see thanks to echolocator that the only remaining enemy was behind me, so I was able to just dash forward without fear and gave our team a massive lead.
The same with the recon ability, though I never actively choose gear with recon on, while upgrading some shoes, I found out what a powerful tool it is to be able to know the ebb and flow of the battler after every death.

backlot

I actually haven't had that happened, how fast did the other team kill them?

But man watching this guy stand next to the point, while it was covered in our ink, and just shoot the other team, with bad aim, was so frustrating.

Luckily the other team wasn't around so I just stood on the goal and said c'mon until they figured it out.

SM239

Finally did some ranked the other day. Rainmaker is a ton of fun when you and your team are in sync. Though I gotta say the most annoying thing on this S+ grind is trying to find a lobby with mostly S or higher players. I was thrown into four B+ or less lobbies in a row before finally getting into an S rank lobby. Those low rank lobbies will only give you like 1 or 2 points for a win and up to -12 for a loss. Hopefully I can get another S lobby today and finish this grind.

Dumb question: Is a 1 star piece of clothing with 2 added slots equal to a 3 star piece of clothing? Or did I just waste my coral by adding two extra slots because I liked the way a 1 star piece of clothing looked?

Regiruler

Dumb question: Is a 1 star piece of clothing with 2 added slots equal to a 3 star piece of clothing? Or did I just waste my coral by adding two extra slots because I liked the way a 1 star piece of clothing looked?

They're equal. Only difference is that it will unlock it's slots faster than a 3 star, and if someone wants your gear and orders it through spike, it will only have its default 1 star.

backlot

They're equal. Only difference is that it will unlock it's slots faster than a 3 star, and if someone wants your gear and orders it through spike, it will only have its default 1 star.

It can have all 3 slots if you order it from Spyke. It's just super rare.

Robotguy

Hero Shot Replica. I think you get it by beating the Squid Amiibo challenges.
It's just a basic Splattershot

Of note, every other weapon we see there is an actual weapon in game, so it seems silly they would come up with a unique model like that and not have it as a weapon.
It may have been in the game and gotten scrapped.

It may have been in the game and gotten scrapped.

Yeah, unless it gets added back in later it doesn't match any of the leaked weapon descriptions. It looks like an assault rifle with a scope so I'm wondering if they were playing around with the idea of a rapid-fire weapon that you could covert to sniping mode by holding the trigger... I have seen my fair share of Splish-o-Matics thinking that they're using chargers >.>

Robotguy

Yeah, unless it gets added back in later it doesn't match any of the leaked weapon descriptions. It looks like an assault rifle with a scope so I'm wondering if they were playing around with the idea of a rapid-fire weapon that you could covert to sniping mode by holding the trigger... I have seen my fair share of Splish-o-Matics thinking that they're using chargers >.>
Could have been intended to be the same subclass as the splatling guns. Charge up a long range burst, use the scope to zero in on the opponent.

Always funny when I'm playing charger and an aerospray tries to counter snipe me. Your range is like 1/3 of the distance to me, what are you doing?

Man, the amount of times short-ranged dumbasses have gotten in the way during my charger practice...

Well as a Luna Blaster it's always super embarrassing when I leap out of my perfect ambush position only to realize that I misjudged my distance ;_;

Ahnez

Man, the amount of times short-ranged dumbasses have gotten in the way during my charger practice...

Same.. But with the jet instead of a charger..

I lost count of how many times I got splatted because a teammate would just get in my way trying to shot an enemy clearly outside of his range

Violet_0

Banned
Someone took a pic of that team switching glitch in Squad Battles:
tumblr_nt9noptF5m1qkurvco1_500.jpg
So it's not just Violet?
suddenly I'm feeling not so special anymore

I wonder if this always happens against the same Japanese squad, and why the Japanese player that switches teams always gets disconnected
e: err no hold on, I just remembered that it wasn't a Japanese squad when this happened to me

I decided to play this game after taking a break from it for a week or two to play the new mode

launch maps + kelp dome

again

every time i try to fucking play this game it's always launch maps + kelp dome

end this hell

Doorman

Splatfest theme is so out of left field, and I'm not really a Transformers guy at all aside from catching a little Beast Wars back in the day, but for whatever reason I kind of love that they're doing this anyway. Gonna be interesting to see how the vote breaks down, at any rate.

How do you choose sides on this if you're #TeamDinobot?

phanphare

Banned
Splatfest theme is so out of left field, and I'm not really a Transformers guy at all aside from catching a little Beast Wars back in the day, but for whatever reason I kind of love that they're doing this anyway. Gonna be interesting to see how the vote breaks down, at any rate.

How do you choose sides on this if you're #TeamDinobot?

stick with Marie

Azure J

So I finally got in some of the highlights from last night/this morning's stream:

SplatGAF Private Lobby: Some simple Splat Zones with the gang.
This Is My Personal Hell: Context: Azure goes on to Discord and says "If GAF trends as a whole to using the Nozzlenose, I'm retiring from this game." Then this match happens. Fun times.
I Love Rainmaker: I love everything about the idea of this mode essentially boiling down to "don't get hit" and "don't get thirsty". I might suck with other objectives, but I know I will pop the bright glowing Inkling most times. :56 might be my favorite snipe ever (yes even over the on stream triple) just because of how pre-meditated it was. :lol
Acting Silly = Playing Better? Just a small clip of us acting dumb in a quad v tri battle. I feel like I'm leveling up with charger again.

Doorman

So I finally got in some of the highlights from last night/this morning's stream:

This Is My Personal Hell: Context: Azure goes on to Discord and says "If GAF trends as a whole to using the Nozzlenose, I'm retiring from this game." Then this match happens. Fun times.

I'm so sorry I missed out on this. That said, as someone who uses the Nozzlenose as a secondary, I must say that you did not get hit with nearly enough disruptors. :p

Top Bottom