• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT4| You're a detriment to your squad

DaBoss

I don't care about Transformers at all, but this is pretty cool.

And catching up, Callie and Marie's eyebrows looked like that when they were younger? I thought they had it done when they got older. That's creepy.

Robotguy

In my experience with the glitch, one guy on the enemy team disconnects and is swapped with one of your teammates. It was probably 3v4 the whole match.
Yep. I played rainmaker with a GAF squad and Totakeke switched to the other side and we ended up with 3 players. Fortunately for us Totakeke got the rainmaker and took it back into their base for us, so we just had to kill him and then put it on the thing. Match was like 30 seconds because they couldn't do anything to stop him.

Geg

Yep. I played rainmaker with a GAF squad and Totakeke switched to the other side and we ended up with 3 players. Fortunately for us Totakeke got the rainmaker and took it back into their base for us, so we just had to kill him and then put it on the thing. Match was like 30 seconds because they couldn't do anything to stop him.

That's amazing.

Lol wow

StAidan

Haha, I love it. That makes rainmaker either the best place or the worst place for a team swap to happen.

L95

Going back to that one gun for a moment, it's also hanging up on the wall of Sheldon's shop.

76FXYMl.jpg

(I follow @DrLilRobot and they've been dooping around with Splatoon models, and noted this weapon as well. Spyke also apparently has his legs modeled backwards, for more unrelated trivia lol)

Vecks

The upcoming splatfest choices are quite a leap from the summer themed ones. Can't wait to see all the miiverse posts for this.

Well Autobots won already...

Expecting a 70/30 popularity split.

What's next month's? Dragonball Z vs GT? It's a cute idea but could we get some concepts where their outcome isn't obvious? Like G1 Transformers vs Beast Wars?

Decepticons were infinitely more interesting with their varied personalities, powerstruggles, and mindgames they'd have as opposed to Optimus Prime and the we're-good-guys-bots. Voting Decepticons for Soundwave and Shockwave. Loyalty & logic.

foltzie1

With these splatfests Nintendo has found a new potential revenue stream, or at least a promotional vehicle.

People are excited for advertising.

Fascinating.

Forkball

Just had a seven game win streak with Rainmaker. I even dunked it in a few times myself. This mode is so much fun and a good take on capture the flag. Though good lord people, KNOW WHERE THE GOAL IS. It is not their spawn point.

Geg

I've still never been the one to put the rainmaker on the thing :( The one time I got close I was sniped in the middle of the animation

I've still never been the one to put the rainmaker on the thing :( The one time I got close I was sniped in the middle of the animation
the same for me, except a game just now where Our team lost the rainmaker just near the goal, then I fended off all 4 four enemies and could place the rainmaker at my own pace :D

So my gf and I are seriously addicted to Splatoon, but it sucks that we can't play together online. If I were to buy a second Wii U, could we play non ranked and ranked together? Are there any limitations on playing with friends online?

So my gf and I are seriously addicted to Splatoon, but it sucks that we can't play together online. If I were to buy a second Wii U, could we play non ranked and ranked together? Are there any limitations on playing with friends online?

Just add that 2nd Wii U to your friends list. The last update made playing on LAN or even multiple Wii U's on the same connection easier with squads and private lobbies.

Also, the next NA Splatfest should be Mario/Luigi or Retro/Modern in promo for Super Mario Maker, announce it on the 11th, the same day that game comes out and put it on the 18th.

Europe, you get Western Hemisphere vs Eastern Hemisphere.

Ahnez

Well, that is a.. curious.. choice for the splatfest

Still.. I have no idea about anything related to transformers, so I will just pick the same as the majority here :p

Robotguy

You can play turf wars together using play with friends or private lobbies. You'd probably be using the play with friends option mostly, which puts you in a room with random players on a map following the standard rotation, as it's hard to gather enough people to fill a private lobby usually. You can form a dual squad to play ranked together. You'll get teamed up with another dual squad form a team. The maps and mode for squad battles follow the usual rotation.

Edit: I suppose that it's worth noting that if you choose to play turfwars using the "With Friends" option you won't be on the same team all the time. You'll be randomly assigned a team each match. So you'll be with each other some of the time, and against each other some of the time.

You can play turf wars together using play with friends or private lobbies. You'd probably be using the play with friends option mostly, which puts you in a room with random players on a map following the standard rotation, as it's hard to gather enough people to fill a private lobby usually. You can form a dual squad to play ranked together. You'll get teamed up with another dual squad form a team. The maps and mode for squad battles follow the usual rotation.

Edit: I suppose that it's worth noting that if you choose to play turfwars using the "With Friends" option you won't be on the same team all the time. You'll be randomly assigned a team each match. So you'll be with each other some of the time, and against each other some of the time.

Very informative, thanks. I'm gonna have to get creative with my finances to justify this purchase. Anyone want to buy a GameCube component cable, lol?

Top Bottom