• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT4| You're a detriment to your squad

Ahnez

wiiu_screenshot_tv_011aso0.jpg

So fresh

Its still fresher than the gas mask

Azure J

OK, so tonight's an Octobrush/.96 Gal Deco night until I get bored with both and Splatterscope/Tentatek/Inkbrush it up. Anyone gonna do squads with me in an hour or so? I need to get my cash reserves up over 400K again. :lol

Ahnez

If Octolings becomes playable someday, I will personally hunt anyone who uses that hat or the mask with them (assuming playing as octoling is not just using their hair hat)

Squids are already beyond salvation

ChrisD

My top is still Inkbrush but... I haven't used it in a while. My fingers hurt too much using it.

I'm in A+ rank now, though I was squad'd up with a buddy to get over A. But you know? I don't even care how I got here after seeing all this dosh flow in. Make it rain, indeed. I've got 348k sitting in my bank.

noshten

Well I'm done for today, I can't play skate park because some matches end up super short, I don't think I like any map where you can end the game so quickly(Skatepark, Rig). Kelpdome is alright although there are matches there in less than 30 seconds but that doesn't happen as often. How is Rainmaker on Port, haven't had a chance to personally try it yet?

-Horizon-

Played rain maker for the first time today. Pretty fun. Played a couple of matches. Had a from the behind win in overtime. The other team basically had a distance of 15 left compared to like 80 for us. But we managed to get the little gold weapon thing before the timer hit zero and we went into the overtime. My god that team rush was real. We went completely ham through the skate park map. I want to believe my last second use of the bubbler helped keep most of our team alive to support the person carrying the gold weapon.

EulaCapra

Got this after like four rerolls. What do you guys think, should I try for the triple or leave it like it is? Because I'm liking that extra swim speed sub.
Hmm...considering you have 52 Super Sea Snails left, you obviously show more self control than most of us. I secretly want you to keep rerolling so you spiral out of control like I did once.

Hey guys, I was upset that I missed out on pre-ordering the first set of splatoon cushions that were on sale in Japan (probably elsewhere too?) but excited that a new wave will hit in October with more colours! I just can't decide which 2 to get. My room is blue/ aqua so i'm thinking of the light blue one, but can't decide whether to pair it with the dark blue one or the pink one.

What do you think?

Geg

Hmm...considering you have 52 Super Sea Snails left, you obviously show more self control than most of us. I secretly want you to keep rerolling so you spiral out of control like I did once.
lol I think Rainmaker is the thing that's finally going to make me start branching out and trying/optimizing new gear and abilities. I've basically been using the same weapon + gear set for the last like month and a half and it's served me fine for the most part so I haven't been using any of my snails or cash.

Something about my usual playstyle and Rainmaker just don't mix though.

-Horizon-

When I got splatted and the camera zoomed in on the inkling who did it, it had the most smug expression I ever did see in this game, jeez lol.

That grin is just rage inducing when you're on the receiving end.

DaBoss

Hey guys, I was upset that I missed out on pre-ordering the first set of splatoon cushions that were on sale in Japan (probably elsewhere too?) but excited that a new wave will hit in October with more colours! I just can't decide which 2 to get. My room is blue/ aqua so i'm thinking of the light blue one, but can't decide whether to pair it with the dark blue one or the pink one.

What do you think?
Light blue and pink would be my picks.

Doorman

Uuuuuggghhhh I forgot those cushions existed and now I want one. ;~;

Also everybody posting their weapon scores just makes me feel pathetic with how little I've played in comparison. Even my top weapon only has like 86k inked and everything beyond that is a notable drop.

Kebiinu

Banned
Had the most epic win in Kelp Dome: Rainmaker. My teammates duked it out with the other team in the large arena. Meanwhile I had recovered the Rainmaker from our own territory--they had a pretty good opening and made it close to our post--and was looking for an opening to slip through.

Rather than try and get past the main arena, I went south around the other end of the map, and luckily one of my teammates, had previously inked a trail earlier in the match. Midway one of my teammates caught up with me and forged a path.

By then, the enemies were respawning, and they were enroute to me. My teammate engaged, and I got lucky with a tornado and splatted one. Then I went along the elevated walkway rather than the side openings. From there it was a straight shot to their post, where I scored the win!

It was pretty stellar.

Why is there no Western equivalent of this website yet? NoA & NoE always slippin'

Weapon%20List_zpsjeeviqma.png

Nothing shocking here, Luna Blaster Fa Lyfe >.>

A little bit ashamed that both the sliver and gold Aerosprays are both that high up on my list though ;_;

Zing

Banned
Had the most epic win in Kelp Dome: Rainmaker.

Then I went along the elevated walkway rather than the side openings. From there it was a straight shot to their post, where I scored the win
The walkway is the shortest route. I cringe every time a teammate tries to go through that small hallway. When I see a player carrying it on the walkway, I know he is wise.

L95

Had the most epic win in Kelp Dome: Rainmaker. My teammates duked it out with the other team in the large arena. Meanwhile I had recovered the Rainmaker from our own territory--they had a pretty good opening and made it close to our post--and was looking for an opening to slip through.

Rather than try and get past the main arena, I went south around the other end of the map, and luckily one of my teammates, had previously inked a trail earlier in the match. Midway one of my teammates caught up with me and forged a path.

By then, the enemies were respawning, and they were enroute to me. My teammate engaged, and I got lucky with a tornado and splatted one. Then I went along the elevated walkway rather than the side openings. From there it was a straight shot to their post, where I scored the win!

It was pretty stellar.

Had a very similar experience earlier as well, but they'd gotten the rainmaker like two inches away from the goal then I C'mon'ed a ton to actually get people to go that way lol

Regiruler

So we're losing by one point in TC, enemy has the tower. We take back the tower right where it was stopped on our end (they were 54, we were 55). We stop them right at 55 by coincidence, and their score increases back to 55, and flashes that we have the lead. We win 10 seconds later 45-44.

Wut

Zing

Banned
Luna Blaster is the "if I have one on my team, they are useless and I lose" weapon of the day.

Also, nothing like watching your teammates literally swim out to the exact spot where you have beakons.

ChrisD

Luna Blaster is the "if I have one on my team, they are useless and I lose" weapon of the day.

Also, nothing like watching your teammates literally swim out to the exact spot where you have beakons.

I've won most of my days games. I'm not the norm! o/

Top Bottom