• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT4| You're a detriment to your squad

http://tokaigi.jp/gp/game/splatoon.html

I think this is the first round in each city?

CMw3Oi3UkAExNLc.jpg:large

CMw3OkgVAAAAIoP.jpg:large

CMw3OksUAAAobL0.jpg:large

CMw3OkjU8AA8rmW.jpg:large

All weapons allowed, school outfit. BO1(BO3 for semi and final), those five stages at launch.

OryoN

Has anyone ever received perfect gear from Spike? Closest I´ve been is 2 subs and I´ve ordered stuff from him almost everyday since launch :(

I finally got one a few weeks ago. Bike helmet: Ink Refill rate increase, all slots! I saw someone in the plaza with it, so figured I'd order it. Spyke gave me it with 2 ink refill subs(1 main). Once I leveled up the third sub, I was actually hoping for a throw increase, sub saver, or ink efficiency. So I was pleasantly surprised when I got the final ink refill increase.

Other than that, two matching subs(+ 1 main) was the closest I've been also. I can't imagine hitting two subs - on an ability I wanted - then blowing sea snail/$30k to reroll again for the ever-so-slight possibility of perfect subs. Knowing my experience with Spyke, I may never even get those 2 subs again, letalone 3!

Also, question for anyone who knows: Am I bugging, or does Spyke get you closer to the gear you want, the longer you hold out on buying?

I swore I odered some shoes one time, all slots were filled, 1main, 3 subs. Spkye got them for me with 1 main, 1 sub. I did not buy. I kept checking with Spyke the following day, and subsequently after, though he threatened to bin them. The final time I checked, the shoes had 1 main, 2 subs this time... much closer to the original gear I wanted. It was more expensive too! It wasn't $50k before. I believe wanted to wait again to see what would happen, but didn't play Splatoon , so Spyke tossed them by the time I was able to check. Does this really happen(more accurate oders if you wait longer), or is my memory foggy, and maybe I'm mixing different enents together? I'm confused. :/

DaBoss

Limited gear? lol

I guess it allows them to make it go faster.

Wait, $1 million in prizes or something, insane.
Also, question for anyone who knows: Am I bugging, or does Spyke get you closer to the gear you want, the longer you hold out on buying?

I swore I odered some shoes one time, all slots were filled, 1main, 3 subs. Spkye got them for me with 1 main, 1 sub. I did not buy. I kept checking with Spyke the following day, and subsequently after, though he threatened to bin them. The final time I checked, the shoes had 1 main, 2 subs this time... much closer to the original gear I wanted. It was more expensive too! It wasn't $50k before. I believe wanted to wait again to see what would happen, but didn't play Splatoon , so Spyke tossed them by the time I was able to check. Does this really happen(more accurate oders if you wait longer), or is my memory foggy, and maybe I'm mixing different enents together? I'm confused. :/
Orders only last for 1 day, so you're mistaken about it becoming better later on.

Geg

Splatoon sales went up for the third week in a row in Japan. It was expected though since it's a holiday in Japan and MK8 got a sales boost this week last year too

Nico_D

Splatoon sales went up for the third week in a row in Japan. It was expected though since it's a holiday in Japan and MK8 got a sales boost this week last year too

I've been thinking there's more single digits in Turf War. It's good for my sniping practices: they probably move slower and don't know to look out for snipers.

Razmos

I seriously fail to understand the point of defense up abilities when 2 shots from a normal splattershot will kill you without fail, even when they have no attack upgrades.

Jintor

I seriously fail to understand the point of defense up abilities when 2 shots from a normal splattershot will kill you without fail, even when they have no attack upgrades.

peripheral damage mainly, especially with stuff that has damage radius falloff like blasters or bombs

Zing

Banned
I am running near maximum special charge and duration up. I've had this setup for weeks, usually with the 96 or Dual Squelcher. Echolocator certainly appears to be a critical benefit in rainmaker.

TJi02Vq.jpg

Nico_D

I am running near maximum special charge and duration up. I've had this setup for weeks, usually with the 96 or Dual Squelcher. Echolocator certainly appears to be a critical benefit in rainmaker.]

I think someone else is using charge up's too since I've seen A LOT of bazooka spamming in Rainmaker. And Killer Wails. They come all the time.

I'm still sticking to my quick respawns and reflexes.

edit: I actually got a build with two Special Charge Up Mains and I've been trying that with Splattershot. Still can't seem to be able to get it loaded often enough. Maybe because I keep on dying.

DaBoss

Turning on the game right before a rotation switch so you have to go through two newscasts makes me want to hurt people real badly.

Razmos

Played a ranked match on Saltspray Rig, we lost really badly. There was one player in particular that kept fucking up my shit, (Japanese of course, and wearing that fucking hat)

So I quit back to lobby, change my weapon and que up for another ranked game, who do I face but the EXACT same fucking player on the exact same map and they used the exact same strategy again.

GAHHHHHHHH
And of course we lost really badly. I hate splatzones on Saltspray Rig.

Geg

Should I be buying all the clothes in the store, or is it better to 'order' stuff I see from people?

It's generally a lot cheaper to buy in store. Ordering is mostly for if you see someone wearing something you want and it's not available in your store that day or if you want to test your luck and try to get the specific sub combination of something you see someone wear

Zing

Banned
I noticed over the past week or two that now even Japanese Eliters are jumping when shooting. Roller habit hard to break?

Totakeke

I noticed over the past week or two that now even Japanese Eliters are jumping when shooting. Roller habit hard to break?

It lets them hit over mini obstacles and over ramps and makes them also harder to counter-snipe. There's not much downside to doing it if you're good at it.

Razmos

Just had a sniper duel with a guy using the E-liter while I was using the Kelp Splatterscope, he was literally shooting me out of midair, turning around and shooting me out of nowhere when he was looking in the entirely opposite direction and shouldn't have known I was there.. It was fucking ridiculous. I don't understand how someone can be that good.

He knew where I was every single time, without fail, without ever turning around.

WALKMAN04

As an e-liter main for ranked, it helps a lot when shooting an opponent who is on a level field as you but there is a small obstacle only leaving their head visible so you charge and then jump shot to hit the head. It's also good when you are behind cover and can then jump shot people, this is crucial in sniper battles on moray towers, a lot of the time with two good charger players it comes down to who has better accuracy on their jump shot.

Ulysses 31

Except Splattershot kills in 3 shots or 4 if you have 1 main defence up or 2 sub defence ups.

Limited gear? lol

I guess it allows them to make it go faster.

Wait, $1 million in prizes or something, insane.

Orders only last for 1 day, so you're mistaken about it becoming better later on.

is it really 1 million dollars, or is it 1 million yen, this makes a huge difference

WorldStar

Banned

I don't think this is true. I think he holds it for one day from the time that you login. I went over a week without playing and he still had the item that I ordered previously.

I've also had him hold the same item for a couple days even when I did login. I'm not really sure how it works actually.

WorldStar

Banned
So I was testing out jumping while shooting with the 52 gal to increase range. It seems like this is something that you should absolutely avoid when trying to kill someone as the accuracy becomes horrid. Thoughts?

L95

I don't think this is true. I think he holds it for one day from the time that you login. I went over a week without playing and he still has the item that I ordered previously.

I've also had them hold the same item for a couple days even when I did login. I'm not really sure how it works actually.

IIRC, Spyke holds items indefinitely if you don't play the game at all.

Zing

Banned
But isn't that total overkill?
It allows the charger to deal 100 damage with only 80% of a charge instead of having to wait for full charge. This can be critical for non-E-Liter chargers to defend themselves at close range, as they can just do 2-3 tiny shots to kill when being chased.

I would think the E-Liter would benefit the least, since it is usually at max range anyway and needs to fully charge. However, the burst bombs also greatly benefit from damage up.

WALKMAN04

It allows the charger to deal 100 damage with only 80% of a charge instead of having to wait for full charge. This can be critical for non-E-Liter chargers to defend themselves at close range, as they can just do 2-3 tiny shots to kill when being chased.

I would think the E-Liter would benefit the least, since it is usually at max range anyway and needs to fully charge. However, the burst bombs also greatly benefit from damage up.
E-liter has the slowest charge time so it probably helps the most, you want to be charging for as little time as possible, the splat chargers already charge pretty quick so i would say it isn't that necessary for them, this is probably the reason why you see much more splat/kelp chargers that run no damage ups while 99% of e-liters including myself do. And yeah you mentioned that burst bombs do well with them as well.

Top Bottom