• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT4| You're a detriment to your squad

Robotguy

My first 3-Sub! Re-rolled my Golf Visor twice. The first was junk, the second gave me triple Super Jump Speed. It's tempting me to re-roll my Moto Boots and try for the triple run speed up, but I already have two...
Yeah, personally, I'm my double subs alone for now. Once I get everything I want to use at least to double then I'll go for triples.

Azure J

So yeah, my brother and Walkman randomly met up in ranked. I'm currently attempting to stream the resulting matches here.

I say attempting because this stupid program keeps randomly disconnecting my stream from the Twitch server and I don't know who's to blame for it. Same nonsense nearly ruined the last set of squads I did thanks to how the Elgato interacts with the game feed (re: cutting off the visuals for a bit before starting/stopping).

Zing

Banned
Is there any chart or list of relative running speeds of weapons?

Do different weapons swim at different speeds? I never noticed.

Robotguy

So yeah, my brother and Walkman randomly met up in ranked. I'm currently attempting to stream the resulting matches here.

I say attempting because this stupid program keeps randomly disconnecting my stream from the Twitch server and I don't know who's to blame for it. Same nonsense nearly ruined the last set of squads I did thanks to how the Elgato interacts with the game feed (re: cutting off the visuals for a bit before starting/stopping).
Yeah, my video has briefly cut out a couple of times. Fortunately at least one of those times I managed to hide in some ink for a few seconds until it came back.

Neoxon

Guys......

vbtwrWL.jpg

Please tell me this isn't fake.

Anteo

Guys......

vbtwrWL.jpg

Please tell me this isn't fake.

They even had a song in the treehouse demo that for some reason people related to the squid sister's theme. Dunno why, maybe just because of the vocaloid because it was nothing like it. (what I mean is that is not a reference to the squid sisters at all)

ChrisD

I just witnessed the dumbest person in Rainmaker as he almost tossed the game. Moray Towers, I paint up the ramp shortcut, I paint a path, I CIRCLE THE ENTIRE PEDESTAL, and I take the top crate to fight anyone off.

Rainmaker swims up the ramp, swims up the path, brings our point to 4, he's in the clear, and he charges up to shoot.

Not go for KO, nonono, he charges a shot. Charges to try to kill an enemy and dies. At this point I'm surrounded by three people with a partner and we also die. They began charging. They made it up out ramp shortcut before we barely killed them in team.

Ridiculous, the mind of people.

WorldStar

Banned
thoughts on my current gear/abilities? feedback on which of the gear compliments each other and my weapon class/mode i play.

i do mostly ranked but avoid rainmaker. i usually use either the tentatek or 52 gal. sometimes the slosher.

i have some gear with decent abilities but i refuse to wear them because they are ugly and do not look fresh (e.g. blue moto boots, camping hat, etc.)

XV9w5v1.jpg

wD3rcxX.jpg

ChrisD

i hate rainmaker so much. game seriously needs capture the flag.

when do maps change?

Stop being wrong.
Rainmaker is GOAT

On a slightly related note I just got up to S in Rainmaker from A+22 all the way to two wins in S (and one loss).

The above match I was talking about was the one that took me to S, which made things even more annoying to see. :L

Geg

From the tumblr

tumblr_ntcqkaPzWn1u3akyno1_1280.jpg

tumblr_ntcqkaPzWn1u3akyno2_1280.jpg

tumblr_ntcqkaPzWn1u3akyno3_1280.jpg

Tomorrow evening at 7 PM PT - a mere 24 hours from now - Flounder Heights joins the map rotation! Try as you might, you can’t ignore the apartment building in the middle of the map. It stands like a gigantic wall, looming over the battlefield like an ominous, erm, an ominous… apartment building, I guess.

Will you make your stand in a hail of ink on the rooftop? Will you try and sneak your way through the middle? Whatever your strategy, there’s no getting into enemy turf without getting past this monolith.

StAidan

I'll be out of town for almost the whole 24 hours that this new map will be in constant rotation. lol. Oh well, I didn't get to play Kelp Dome until a couple weeks after it came out either.

Crisium

New map is titled
E-Liter Paradise.

Gah, painting walls and climbing is so hard for the Brush life.

Should be fun to have a new map though!

How many maps is that in the game now? Good post launch support, for free.

Kinda makes you not want 2 maps every four hours on one of three modes.

RedFyn

That's individual events, the money is being split across all 40+ events (or at least I assume it is, inb4 all the money is for the finals).
I thought it was one Splatoon tournament? I haven't checked it out much. Are there a bunch of small tournaments?

WorldStar

Banned
thoughts on my current gear/abilities? feedback on which of the gear compliments each other and my weapon class/mode i play.

i do mostly ranked but avoid rainmaker. i usually use either the tentatek or 52 gal. sometimes the slosher.

i have some gear with decent abilities but i refuse to wear them because they are ugly and do not look fresh (e.g. blue moto boots, camping hat, etc.)

XV9w5v1.jpg

wD3rcxX.jpg

please respond

RedFyn

My curse has been lifted. I played two matches and the enemy tentatek was top of his team. Of course my tentatek team member wasn't quite as good.

Why ninja squid worldstar?

WorldStar

Banned
My curse has been lifted. I played two matches and the enemy tentatek was top of his team. Of course my tentatek team member wasn't quite as good.

idk, i usually try to sneak around and flank the enemy up close

i like providing support, dunno what other main ability i should use over it

Probably to get up close for easy kills.

I'm not a .52 main, so I can't give any tips.

Maybe use a Swim Speed Up shirt instead? I dunno, try both.

WorldStar

Banned
Hey everyone! I'm going to buy the game tomorrow and I was wondering if there were any beginner guides/videos to help me get started?

idk prolly gonna get a lot of hate for recommending this but this is what i ended up doing because it felt most comfortable and i ended up leveling up extremely fast

-spend some time with single player. the first few zones are basically a tutorial for this game. they'll teach you how to get a lot of the basics down.

-once you go online i started off using rollers. in the beginning you're gonna be doing regular battles and they're pretty damn good at spreading paint regardless of how shitty you are

-once i kinda got down the basics and knew the maps, i switched to aerospray. i cant really imagine using anything else in regular battles if your goal is level up and get money. literally 90% of the time i finish in first place in regular battles with the aerospray rg. its ability to spread paint is insane

-then move onto ranked. ranked is punishing if you suck and lose often. i wouldnt fuck with ranked until you're decent

i just found this to be a great way for me personally to level up very quick. but at the end of the day its a fucking video game so do whatever and use whatever you find fun

StAidan

GGs in randoms Vecks, you caught me pretending to be a charger tonight lol. One of these days I might be halfway decent with it. Quitting early tonight, I'm exhausted and need sleep.

After last night's marathon of disconnects in ranked, I finally hit A+ 70, joy.

Is anyone having internet issues on their Wii U with ONLY Splatoon?

Top Bottom