• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT4| You're a detriment to your squad

Omzz

Just lost 10 straight games of S ranked and back where I'm destined to A+. Half of them had shadow kills from japan. fuck this game

EulaCapra

I swear to God, everytime I boot up the game, Rainmaker is on. Everytime I check the Splatoon.nintendo.net schedule, Splat Zones is sandwiched between Rainmakers.

I really want to play Tower Control because it's been ages but Rainmaker Rainmaker Rainmaker.

Toadsili T

Neo Member
How has voice been? I've stopped since I never seem to be on if people are doing it and it's the only kind I'm interested in doing again. :(

If you're referring to voice chat with fellow SplatGAF members, most of us from NSTC run voice-chat squads on weekends, since it's one of the few times we can all get together. Personally, I find voice chat makes a huge difference when playing, if only just to get a better idea of where people are. Even when we lose, it's still loads more enjoyable than flying solo and second guessing everything.

Trying it out with Azure J the other day during his stream also seemed to be rather successful, so hopefully we see a bit more of it from now. Plus, people here also seem to like my comms. ^_^;

I swear to God, everytime I boot up the game, Rainmaker is on. Everytime I check the Splatoon.nintendo.net schedule, Splat Zones is sandwiched between Rainmakers.

But... Rainmaker is the best mode! Well, provided you have teammates that actually want to pick up the fish when you've wiped the enemy team. :(

Zing

Banned
How has voice been? I've stopped since I never seem to be on if people are doing it and it's the only kind I'm interested in doing again. :(
I haven't seen anyone outside of the tournament dudes using voice in many weeks. It's one thing I seriously miss.

Hey man I've been stuck in A+ for awhile, not sure what exactly you're insinuating there ;P

When are you usually online to play? I think at this point most of the active SplatGAF players are from the east coast of the US and in Europe, with a few from southwest/central US and west coast of the US. I'm on west coast, but my work schedule and uh, after hour activities usually mean that I often get home after 9pm.
I am east coast.

It is just a whole new environment now. During the summer, discord had players virtually 24/7 fighting for a slot in a squad. Now, there is usually one or two others if I am lucky. It doesn't help that the people I most played with are now off doing their own thing (James, sendou, etc).

Sendou

It doesn't help that the people I most played with are now off doing their own thing (James, sendou, etc).
For me it's that I can't play on Monday to Friday and when I do play it's mostly tournaments or preparing for one. Maybe once flc opens up the lounge Discord channel (which he said will happen soon) it will become the place to look for squadmates?

mrmickfran

In rainmaker, I always go Leeroy Jenkins and run straight for the goal and secure my team the victory.

"If it's stupid but it works, then it ain't stupid".

Sinthetic

She's mighty fine.

lhwQ2yr.jpg

Zing

Banned
I have yet to even equip the legendary cap. It just annoyed me for some reason. Saw it far too often in squads the first weeks after the update. It was far too easy to hit level 50. The experience curve should have been exponentially higher. Hopefully the next level increase will be a substantial achievement.

69wpm

Is it just me or are the servers slow today? Played a few matches, match-making was slower than usual and the frame-rate shit. Also some weird lag was going on.

Just as an FYI, players who are in a full squad appear as offline or grey'd out despite them playing. I usually check the friends list frome the home menu to see if anyone is playing. It'll tell you what exactly they're doing or if they are just idle.

backlot

Just as an FYI, players who are in a full squad appear as offline or grey'd out despite them playing. I usually check the friends list frome the home menu to see if anyone is playing. It'll tell you what exactly they're doing or if they are just idle.

Or you can use Splatnet.

They'll show up if they're in between matches, though.

Geg

All this talk about people abandoning Splatoon is making me sad. I just literally have not had time to play any games lately. Life stuff.

Yeah that's understandable. I imagine it's the same for a lot of people who used to be regulars here, especially now that summer is over

Same situation here. I just stick to single-player games now. Might start playing again in the winter.

Also some of this. I find myself far less likely to engage in multiplayer when I have a narrower band of time to spend, because in single-player, I exercise full control over that time. In multi, you share it with other people.

Multiplayer is, at most, a five-minute dedication, and you can always power off anytime if needed.

You're talking to a hardcore introvert here. Short intrusions of multi introduce more mental wear than a longer period I am committed to. Short bursts of single, however, are comforting bits of "me time."

StAidan

I'd still be playing if my danged house was livable. Last update I got says I might be able to move back in on Tuesday, but I'm not getting my hopes up, lol.

ChrisD

I have yet to even equip the legendary cap. It just annoyed me for some reason. Saw it far too often in squads the first weeks after the update. It was far too easy to hit level 50. The experience curve should have been exponentially higher. Hopefully the next level increase will be a substantial achievement.

It took me two months and 100+ hours to reach Level 50. What were you doing that it was fast?

Even if you only ever made Knockout wins you're still looking at something like 400 wins.

ss-hikaru

Really? I rarely see level 50s around. Rare enough that I still go WOAH when one appears.

I want that hat :( Only level 36 though and that's because of a glitch!

Azure J

I'm still playing this game regularly enough. I'm just entering the Danger Zone™ that is all the midterms ever + a bunch of semi-related responsibilities cropping up on top of a new job.

J@hranimo

Banned
The hell is with Discord randomly deciding I'm not part of the GAF server? It's happened twice now. I got it fixed by reopening the application this time, but wtf.

Discord has been acting up lately. It even went down momentarily a few hours earlier!

As far as active...yeah lol. College, work on weekends, and this. I shouldn't be playing this so late into the day, but then again I'm a night owl so I just stay up and get most my school work done.

Pikma

Banned
I had to take a break from the game since I basically don't have a gamepad to play it with, but I cannot fucking wait to return.

Regiruler

We must have not been playing the same game. Getting to 40 alone requires about 40 hours of grinding.

Don't need excess bullshit.

Zing

Banned
We must have not been playing the same game. Getting to 40 alone requires about 40 hours of grinding.

Don't need excess bullshit.
We had players hitting 50 just over a week after patch. It took me two weeks without trying.

You don't need to "grind". There is no real reward for levelling up, other than watching a bar fill (which I miss). I just wish "legendary" meant something other than "I played squads for a week".

ChrisD

What were they supposed to do though? Cutting your gains in half if you play in Squads is about the only thing I can think of, and that seems counter-intuitive.

I would like a super grind added on that goes past Level 50 (I'm that guy), but I think for the mass populace that plays Splatoon, the climb to 50 is plenty enough. Squadding up and playing for a few hours straight every day over a week isn't how the mass plays.

harutrix

Neo Member
My friends chipped in for a Wii U and a copy of Splatoon for my birthday. (YAY)

I have been playing for the last few days and putting at least an hour into the game each session. It's gradually turning me into a squid addict, and it helps even more when there's an Ika Musume costume in this game...

Anyhow, feel free to add me! I would love to have some games with fellow Gaffers around the world (from Australia btw). :)

ID: harunatic

L95

We had players hitting 50 just over a week after patch. It took me two weeks without trying.

You don't need to "grind". There is no real reward for levelling up, other than watching a bar fill (which I miss). I just wish "legendary" meant something other than "I played squads for a week".

I'm still just level 38. lol

Nintendo's line account uploads a video of Toad playing Splatoon, using his blaster.
He got a triple-splat with his killer wail and splat the last enemy with blaster.
He lost the match.
lol

DaBoss

It takes 11160 points to go from level 20 to level 50. You would need to have played 1116 ranked matches and have every one of them as knockout victories to even think about getting to that within a week.

The leveling system to 50 is fine as it is. It isn't supposed to be "special". It's something that people will get to eventually.

Top Bottom