• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT4| You're a detriment to your squad

Robotguy

Fanart of Sendou with his Luna Blaster:
CRIBdlvWIAA4zBy.png

Source

Sinthetic

Got my Splatoon Artbook today, it's huge and very very good. Full of all the things you could ever love about the game. It has art, sketches, backgrounds, logo/gear/weapon design, even a relatively big Manga at the back and some hints at secret items in there. The gloss on the cover is absolutely awesome.

Loads more at my Twitter plus a video.

rdLAmOc.jpg

wWD9Xkp.jpg

yz7qlI8.jpg

hULeKFb.jpg

xjZPOSi.jpg

xowKkwi.jpg

CvBUXF9.jpg

bBLnIYg.jpg

Gila Moo

Neo Member
I'm wondering if I should have ordered from amazon japan instead. I made the order through play-asia on the 8th and the status is still at preparing order.

Ordered both the splatoon artbook and soundtrack from Amazon.
Splatune only comes out October 21st and they are shipped together.
So.. I gotta wait a while longer too

ss-hikaru

Saw some original designs of squid sisters in the artbook. I'll get my order later this month, can't wait.

Some of those designs were really awesome! They had a lot of different hairstyles, it makes me REALLY REALLY want hair customisation for Splatoon 2 >.<

Got my Splatoon Artbook today, it's huge and very very good. Full of all the things you could ever love about the game. It has art, sketches, backgrounds, logo/gear/weapon design, even a relatively big Manga at the back and some hints at secret items in there. The gloss on the cover is absolutely awesome.

bBLnIYg.jpg

The yonkoma at the end are so adorable. The Amiibo one really cracked me up XD

The gloss being textured like ink splotches was a really neat touch.

I'm never making it to S+. I'm not strong enough to carry a team 10 times in a row and there's too many fucking idiots that would rather shoot at some random player than the guy with rainmaker. Or they'd rather keep 'sniping' while someone paints a clear path across the entire arena behind them straight to the goal. Gotta get that snipe in, fuck keeping them from winning. I hate shitty snipers.

Jintor

just got my artbook. it's siiiick

i never noticed this before, but apparently even the hero mode set sub weapons are skinned differently. (I never use the weapon set, so)

Kito

Or they'd rather keep 'sniping' while someone paints a clear path across the entire arena behind them straight to the goal.

Do you super jump back to spawn and signal 'C'mon'/'To Me!' when you see an opponent trailblazing? If these snipers ignore your signal then indeed they're shitty.

I'd exclusively play Splat Zones until reaching S+. It requires the least teamwork.

hupla

Can someone screencap what splatnet looks/Ed like as octopusnet I either can't tell the difference or its not showing up for me

Zing

Banned
What the hell is going on? Shouldn't Japanese children be in bed? Why am I constantly matched with supposed S ranks that super jump to me in the middle of enemy ink and achieve grand scores of 0/3. Did splatfest remind all the bad players to play this game again?

I don't know how S+ rank player keep the rank, other than just never playing ranked again. I rarely see S+ myself. Maybe they truly do hide out in squads or just retire.

General Wii U question, but I'm asking it here because it decides if I will be able to play Splatoon the coming days.
Can I just connect the Wii U to an older crt tv if I have the normal Wii cables?

Regiruler

just got my artbook. it's siiiick

i never noticed this before, but apparently even the hero mode set sub weapons are skinned differently. (I never use the weapon set, so)
They mean in single player. The subweapons are completely unchanged when using the replica gear.

ChrisD

The single player skins for sub-weapons would make a great aesthetic for Octoling subs. Something to further set them apart.

Sendou

What the hell is going on? Shouldn't Japanese children be in bed? Why am I constantly matched with supposed S ranks that super jump to me in the middle of enemy ink and achieve grand scores of 0/3. Did splatfest remind all the bad players to play this game again?

I don't know how S+ rank player keep the rank, other than just never playing ranked again. I rarely see S+ myself. Maybe they truly do hide out in squads or just retire.

No reason to play solo ranked after you reach S+, really. Squads offer tougher opponents.

ChrisD

I think the game is broken. I've counted thirteen Walleye Warehouse Rainmaker games in a row now. And while typing this... Make that fourteen.

NotLiquid

According to someone I know PlayAsia cancelled their Splatoon art book order. Seeing how I payed with PayPal I really hope I get a refund soon if they can't honor the pre-orders. Looks like I'll have to find it somewhere else.

phanphare

Banned
According to someone I know PlayAsia cancelled their Splatoon art book order. Seeing how I payed with PayPal I really hope I get a refund soon if they can't honor the pre-orders. Looks like I'll have to find it somewhere else.

depending on when you ordered you should be fine. pretty sure paypal has a 45-day refund policy and after that I'm pretty sure you can still dispute it.

I ordered the artbook and the soundtrack on Play-Asia so I'll have to wait a little longer for both things to arrive. Kind of jelly at the people who already have it.

Zing

Banned
So what you're saying is...we don't play with SplatGAF enough?
The last few times I was on discord, if I was lucky enough to find four players, someone would "have to go" after 15 minutes. I got tired of spending more time waiting for a fourth than playing. I gave up on discord permanently. I check the squads menu in game all the time and never see anyone playing despite having virtually all active members on my friends list. It just seems that vastly fewer people are playing this game now.

I've been playing solo ranked for the past few weeks and bouncing between S and S+. I win approximately 2/3 of my matches, which is just enough to keep me the same rank. It's interesting that they made the ranking system so that you need to win more than half your matches just to maintain rank. It should help with ranking stagnation, but somehow S is still filled with people who don't seem to really know the game. I assume they are bouncing between S and A+.

It's crazy that A+ players are now not even remotely competitive. A+ used to be the top!

Ultima_5

So I haven't played in a couple months due to being laid off. Now I'm getting back to it and it's great having all this new content. Can anyone explain squad battle? Is there a gaf "squad"? How's this work

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
The last few times I was on discord, if I was lucky enough to find four players, someone would "have to go" after 15 minutes. I got tired of spending more time waiting for a fourth than playing. I gave up on discord permanently. I check the squads menu in game all the time and never see anyone playing despite having virtually all active members on my friends list. It just seems that vastly fewer people are playing this game now.

I've been playing solo ranked for the past few weeks and bouncing between S and S+. I win approximately 2/3 of my matches, which is just enough to keep me the same rank. It's interesting that they made the ranking system so that you need to win more than half your matches just to maintain rank. It should help with ranking stagnation, but somehow S is still filled with people who don't seem to really know the game. I assume they are bouncing between S and A+.

It's crazy that A+ players are now not even remotely competitive. A+ used to be the top!
How has voice been? I've stopped since I never seem to be on if people are doing it and it's the only kind I'm interested in doing again. :(

Hey man I've been stuck in A+ for awhile, not sure what exactly you're insinuating there ;P

When are you usually online to play? I think at this point most of the active SplatGAF players are from the east coast of the US and in Europe, with a few from southwest/central US and west coast of the US. I'm on west coast, but my work schedule and uh, after hour activities usually mean that I often get home after 9pm.

ChrisD

I saw that happen in a match a few days ago and also heard once of a laggy tale where one player was still watching the stage intro but the other players had started the match already and they could them moving around and shooting ink.

The latter happened to me once, way back before the 2.0 update launched. It kicked me out after a few seconds of my team moving out, though someone in the thread said I actually could have played just using the Minimap.

WALKMAN04

So I haven't played in a couple months due to being laid off. Now I'm getting back to it and it's great having all this new content. Can anyone explain squad battle? Is there a gaf "squad"? How's this work
Squads pretty much work like this, anyone on your friends list can join your squad, you can join anyone on your friends list squad, you can put a password(4 digit code) on the squad to ensure the right people get in. There is no gaf squad because a squad isn't a permanent thing lol, you team up with people on your friends list as a team of 4, or 3, or 2. Teams of 4 or 3 will be matched up against other people that have made a squad of 4 or 3. A team of 3 can vs a team of 4. In a squad of 2 you are paired with 3 other squads of 2, 2 squads of 2 against 2 squads of 2. Squad battles do affect your rank up to A+99, S an S+ can only be achieved in solo rank, and S and S+ players in a squad do not gain or lose points for wins/losses. The best way, despite what the person above you has said, to find a squad is through discord, an easy to use gaming chat. We have our own gaf chat, details for signup are in the second post of the thread. You can find a squad relatively easily in there, and we just had someone new join the server yesterday and got into a squad so please don't be discouraged from doing so yourself. Hope this helped.

Top Bottom