• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT4| You're a detriment to your squad

Geg

Played six games so far, only lost one due to two shitty teammates at once. I've already won one 3 v 4 though

L95

Team pizza sucks.

Also, can I pls play something other than Saltspray, I like Saltspray, but the past like 6 matches have been nothing but Saltspray.

ChrisD

Team pizza sucks.

Also, can I pls play something other than Saltspray, I like Saltspray, but the past like 6 matches have been nothing but Saltspray.

One Saltspray out of two games.
I'm already sick of it. Randoms just can't play on that stage.

HeroR

Is anyone else having connection problems? I keep getting unstable connect ion every game. This has never happened and I just played Splatoon a yesterday and my internet is fine.

HeroR

Too much pineapple in the network. Ruins burgers AND pizza!

Lol

But seriously, this is the first Splatfest where I ever had connection problems. It seems a little better now that I turned off and restarted the Wii U

Edit: Now I am having problems again. I don't get it. I had a much stabler connection playing people overseas.

ChrisD

The last stage was flounder heights. Ahh my first splatfest....and win!

Such a good rotation. Unlike this Rig'd up business. :C

Is anyone else having connection problems? I keep getting unstable connect ion every game. This has never happened and I just played Splatoon a yesterday and my internet is fine.

Splatfest always does this. Influx of players, I assume.

Too much pineapple in the network. Ruins burgers AND pizza!

Wrooooong. Barbeque pizza with Pineapple and Chicken is great.

HeroR

Such a good rotation. Unlike this Rig'd up business. :C

Splatfest always does this. Influx of players, I assume.

Thing is, I been to two Splatefests and I never had this amount of connect problem. It's getting very frustrating.

ChrisD

Thing is, I been to two Splatefests and I never had this amount of connect problem. It's getting very frustrating.

Hm, idk then. It always acts up for me. Maybe you just got lucky the first two times.

I take the Rig thing back. Mall is just horrible, how can a Level 28 mind be so incompetent? Why do I play in Splatfests anymore? WHY IS MY HUMMING THE SUPER CATCHY SONG NOT KEEPING ME SANE LIKE USUAL?

Someone hold me back.

Might be a bunch of new kids that bought the Splatoon bundle for Black Friday playing on mom's wireless internet.

Just had a match where the entire other team disconnected....that 98.3% win.

I've lost three good squads to connection problems but it doesn't look like it's hard to find them on Team Burger. Team Planes and Team Ninja you suck

HeroR

Someone hold me back.

Might be a bunch of new kids that bought the Splatoon bundle for Black Friday playing on mom's wireless internet.

Just had a match where the entire other team disconnected....that 98.3% win.

Thought I would avoid such traffic by playing late. lol

Is the instability caused on my side or others? Because things are bad when the US players' connection sucks when I play almost flawlessly against the Japanese base.

Edit: Screw it, I will have to play latter. Been in dozens of games and my connection doesn't even last thirty seconds before I lose it.

Indeed! Introduced this to some friends of mine several weeks ago. They wouldn't stop eating MY pizza :/ 😂

Chose burgers. Can't resist the chance to be a Burger King.
Sorry pizzas and Marie ;_;

J@hranimo

Banned
Actually I usually pick the pineapples off when my family orders them but I love seeing pineapple responses

95667ff99bbaa9c349a3d4230916f052.gif

Pizza with Chicken, Pineapple and BBQ sauce? So freakin good man.

Nightii

Banned
Man, I miss the japanese, what the hell is wrong with most NA players? D:

I already made it to Pizza Champion but I tap out. It's late, I've had a fever since yesterday and I just can't handle this connection suckage anymore.

Sorry, Team Pizza, I really gave it my best, even got a 15 win streak before things went to hell. :(

ChrisD

Man, I miss the japanese, what the hell is wrong with most NA players? D:

I already made it to Pizza Champion but I tap out. It's late, I've had a fever since yesterday and I just can't handle this connection suckage anymore.

Sorry, Team Pizza, I really gave it my best, even got a 15 win streak before things went to hell. :(

Mass Populace America flat out sucks. But Japan is inherently laggy because worldwide. You can never have your cake and eat it too.

I had a 47 win streak in one of the Fests and we lost to Popularity. That stung so badly.

J@hranimo

Banned
The comm errors for me tonight have been unruly. I think I'll stop at Champion for the night and hope it's better later today in the afternoon.

Yooooo, I think I just played vs you ffdgh. I think you were a dynamo on the burger team. I'm a rapid blaster deco. I tried my best, but two of my teammates... did not do very well, let's just say :(

I'm not really feeling doing Splatfest anymore.

It's nice to have all those Sea Snails to do rerolls and adding more gear, but why bother when I have my preferred gear loadouts and find that the grind to max rank is tedious.

ffdgh

Yooooo, I think I just played vs you ffdgh. I think you were a dynamo on the burger team. I'm a rapid blaster deco. I tried my best, but two of my teammates... did not do very well, let's just say :(

Haha small world. First time encountering another gaffer in splat fest. Gonna assume that was on mall.

J@hranimo

Banned
I'm not really feeling doing Splatfest anymore.

It's nice to have all those Sea Snails to do rerolls and adding more gear, but why bother when I have my preferred gear loadouts and find that the grind to max rank is tedious.

Then you really don't need to do them anymore. I still do them cause I like the nighttime theme, music, and snails. I'm still working on some gear with slots and whatnot.

LOLDSFAN

Hey guys. Just got the Splatoon/SSB4 bundle for Black Friday.

Probably like everyone else when they first played, having trouble with the controls lol.

How sensitive should I have the camera set? All the way or in the middle?

Probably like everyone else when they first played, having trouble with the controls lol.

Honestly I've left everything to the default and I got used to it, maybe you just need to play around a bit more to get the hang of things.

ffdgh

Whatever works for you.

I'm sitting at +1 at the moment.

Robotguy

I play at +1, but know some people who play at max.
Personally I'd leave it around the middle and then get comfortable with that and then try upping it if you want faster movement.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!

I play sticks only (no motion controls) and I set the sensitivity down a few notches. (That's how I play Halo, too.)

I suppose that motion control bourgeois around here would tell you to practice only with motion controls until you git gud, though.

Maybe try out the single-player campaign for a while and see if you can get used to a particular setup.

LOLDSFAN

Thanks guys for suggestions! Will probably keep it in the middle.

I suppose that motion control bourgeois around here would tell you to practice only with motion controls until you git gud, though.

Yeah I was looking through some old posts and I forgot who it was, but he said it best. You have to wrap your brain around the fact that you're controlling 3 inputs.

I've noticed that I tend to forget to use the right analog and motion controls at the same time. I become reliant on one and then forget about the other and don't realize it until I notice my movement is stiff.

Top Bottom