• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT4| You're a detriment to your squad

J@hranimo

Banned
I've heard of both teams having mirror matches, but naughty is having a couple more.

I'm on Team Nice and have won all of my games except for like...2 matches. I think the population is pretty close, with Naughty just being a bit more. This will be determined by wins more so than which team has less people.

This Splatfest grind was somewhat shorter than usual thanks to GAF squads, but I had to do randoms for most of the latter grind, and they were good. Vibe of 32, personal high

WVW69iq_Dok-hsdF9K

To end this Splatfest, I made my semi annual Miiverse drawing:

WVW69iq_ItcNtb10Eq

Expecting this to be somewhat split close for popularity, and wins barely going to nice.

I thought I'd play some Splatfest before bed (fuck off, exams), but multiplayer games are apparently not my way to go if I can only justify a little time. Get consistently wrecked to any degree at all and it just feels like a waste of time when it's supposed to be a fun break from studying. :|

GAF Splatfest squads are the only way I can deal with this grind anymore. On another note, that vibe is my personal highest.

Lmao, who edited your avatar? Or did you do it?

Edit: I just realized this sounds negative. I actually think the red/green on it looks great.

ChrisD

Confound it, there was Nice squadding? I just saw Naughty looking for teams in Discord.

Still got my grind ahead tomorrow...

It took two hours to run into a decent squad. This has been by far the least enjoyable Splatfest I've been apart of in the last three months. Once I found a team of Two Sloshers Two N-Zappers we made it to King/Queen with only a few matches lost by decimal points.

Glad it's over that was painful. THX Suffy, John and CarliRae

Nico_D

I honestly don't understand how you guys can get so many wins in a row and get all the way up to SO HAWT! like that. I'm frequently first or second on my team, and I still lose at least half my matches because I just get put on crappy teams.

I hardly get that high ever in Splatfests. DC's and bad teams mates (naturally, there's nothing wrong in me) stop me from achieving such numbers.

ffdgh

I must say things are going waaaaay better than they did this morning for naughty. Certainly helps that nice is having a influx of lower levels now lol.

Getting high streaks isn't too hard when you find that one perfect team.

I honestly don't understand how you guys can get so many wins in a row and get all the way up to SO HAWT! like that. I'm frequently first or second on my team, and I still lose at least half my matches because I just get put on crappy teams.

It depends on if you find a nice team that works with you, really.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
So I guess I should run Naughty today, then? I *was* predicting Nice would be less popular and win more.

I feel you man. I take photos of the screen when I reach the lowest SO HAWT because it happens so rarely and I want proof that it happened at all.

The grind last night was real. No easy wins, many errors, only got GAF a few times and literally crawled to a vibe of 16.0. Did I mention all the naughty v naughty matches I had?
WVW69irAqe4iKNGgVv

But winning a 3v4 against triple aerosprays and a charger, highlight of my lowlights :p

Team Nice squid reporting for duty!

Currently up to Nice Defender, and I probably only have enough time to get to Champion before I need to go to bed. So far, I've lost a little more than I've won. So...not sure what to think yet.

braves01

Banned

Last splatfest, I just got lucky and paired up with some good people who were also grinding their way up to King/Queen. The three of us didn't leave the lobby because we were killing people, so we built up a big streak like that and ranked up super quickly. When I get paired with people I can tell are good, I don't leave until they do.

StAidan

I think this splatfest will be very close in popularity divide, really not sure which team will have the highest win rate. My Team Nice mates were mostly pretty competent and we won probably 75% of our games. Except for the times an occasional level 12 would sneak into the team composition.

I had some Nice vs. Nice matches through the day and the battles themselves haven't gone well when we went up against Team Naughty. Right now I'm predicting popularity for Nice and win percentage for Naughty.

ffdgh

And Naughty king...queen is done. 35 wins and around 6 or 7 losses
Rough start aside that was entertaining. Also Zink mini is broken trash and I love it.
AAGOLT0.jpg

Hmmm. Not feeling it today. After getting to Defender rank, I got on a big losing streak. Most of the matches were close, but they were nearly half a rank's worth of losses. I think Team Naughty will take this.

ChrisD

I don't even care that I'm on Nice, at this point I hope this lousy team loses. There is nothing that can be done aside from flat-out cheating to pull play like this ahead of Naughty.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
2015_12_19_15_34_55.jpg

It doesn't say there, but I just maxed out. Not as bad as some Splatfests but still frequently frustrating.

[Edit] There we go:

2015_12_19_15_59_20.jpg

Hmmm. Not feeling it today. After getting to Defender rank, I got on a big losing streak. Most of the matches were close, but they were nearly half a rank's worth of losses. I think Team Naughty will take this.
Same with me. I got mostly losses, but enough wins to just hit Champion.
Not sure if I want to trudge up to King rank this time.
Team Nice btw.

Top Bottom