• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splinter Cell Conviction |OT| The Rebourne Panther

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
I would have preferred the title being "Official Splinter Cell Conviction thread of They Killed Sam Fisher's DAUGHTER!"

The demo piqued my interest so I'll be waiting on GAF impressions and reviews for a final say.

Raide

SuperSonic1305 said:
Do we know whether the black and white filter can be turned off?

No, its part of the game. Its the indicator to show the player they are in stealth/shadow.

JambiBum

SuperSonic1305 said:
Do we know whether the black and white filter can be turned off?

When I played it at the event in Chicago I hardly even noticed the B&W. Yeah it's there but it's not all that obnoxious.

Is the story going to be important in this, becaus I haven't played a SC since the very first title. Or is "some bad dudes killes sam fisher's daughter and now he's pissed" all I need to know?

Pre-ordered my CE last August.

Really hope Australia isn't getting the Steelbook DVD case. Fuckign hate them. I was told it was a normal DVD case which was the main reason I pre-ordered it.

Friend and I are taking the day off work to SMASH through co-op.

frontieruk

Capt'n Farrell said:
Is the story going to be important in this, becaus I haven't played a SC since the very first title. Or is "some bad dudes killes sam fisher's daughter and now he's pissed" all I need to know?

Thats all you need to know, gameplay style has changed some think for the better some for the worse, but generally the only thing you really have to worry about is did they really see you? ;)

I've got a few questions. Are hunter and infiltration mode the same thing? And which one is available through preorder/limited edition?

and i'm assuming that the dell link doesn't include either one of those modes

frontieruk

cool_dude_2049 said:
I've got a few questions. Are hunter and infiltration mode the same thing? And which one is available through preorder/limited edition?

and i'm assuming that the dell link doesn't include either one of those modes

different modes, Hunter you kill everyone doesn't matter how you go about it, infiltration you have to get from one side of the the map to the other without being detected.

Both modes are available in all games, you just have to pay for the one that isn't available immediately with ubi points you get by playing through the game.

Points to score :-

10 pts :-
Merchant Market
Splinter Cell Conviction

Complete the single player "Merchant's Street Market" mission on any difficulty.

20 pts:-
Weapon Upgrade
Splinter Cell Conviction

Purchase all 3 upgrades for any 1 weapon.

30 pts:-
Ready for Anything
Splinter Cell Conviction

Purchase all 9 accessories for all uniforms.

40 pts:-
In the End
Splinter Cell Conviction

Complete the last mission of the single player story on any difficulty.

Rewards to spend points on

10 pts:-
SCC Wallpaper
Splinter Cell Conviction

Download the exclusive Uplay Wallpaper for Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell Conviction.

20 pts:-
SCAR-H
Splinter Cell Conviction

Built for rough conditions, the COMBAT ASSAULT RIFLE deals far range damage, while keeping accurate.

30 pts:-
VR ZVEZDA
Splinter Cell Conviction

Voron's SV7 Rapid Response Assault Suit. Used by Voron field operatives for assault operations.

40 pts:-
Infiltration mode
Splinter Cell Conviction

Eliminate all hostiles without being detected.

frontieruk said:
different modes, Hunter you kill everyone doesn't matter how you go about it, infiltration you have to get from one side of the the map to the other without being detected.

Both modes are available in all games, you just have to pay for the one that isn't available immediately with ubi points you get by playing through the game.

So that means I don't have to pay for the limited edition to play infiltration mode? I just have to do a lot of shit in the game.

abundant

frontieruk said:
nfiltration you have to get from one side of the the map to the other without being detected.

Infiltration has the same goal as Hunter, eliminate everyone, without being detected of course.

frontieruk

cool_dude_2049 said:
So that means I don't have to pay for the limited edition to play infiltration mode? I just have to do a lot of shit in the game.

look back to previous post, added how to get points and what you can buy with them

abundant

frontieruk said:
look back to previous post, added how to get points and what you can buy with them
You also get 10 points when you sign up on the web, and 10 points when you connect your ubi account to your GT.

JambiBum said:
When I played it at the event in Chicago I hardly even noticed the B&W. Yeah it's there but it's not all that obnoxious.

I don't know why everyone's uptight about that. They wanted to get rid of the old HUD due to the change of pace of the game, this is the best way. You never look away from the action, you KNOW when you're hiding.

Also, I don't know if anyone noticed, but in the flashback sequence at the beginning of the game with Sarah as a little kid (Tutorial sequence), she has three stars on her shirts, mimicking the three green dots of Sam's classic goggles. Thought that was a nice touch.

So there's definitely not going to be Spies vs Mercs? :-(

That was the best vs mode ever. I've never played the story mode in any Splinter Cell...

Thinking of trading in God of War 3 and picking up this if it's good. I've enjoyed previous Splinter Cell games but this is obviously a departure for the series. I like the new direction conceptually I'm just unsure of how the final product will be. We'll find out soon. Looking forward to it.

lantus

cool_dude_2049 said:

Or you could pre-order from amazon right now, for $51.99, and get Infiltration mode from day one. There is/was a code available to get $5 off pre-order as well, but I can't remember it and I don't know if it still works, sorry.

neorej

ERMYGERD!
Still on the fence for this. Demo didn't quite sell me. Also, if I'm getting it, it's 360-version, I'm not paying for the bullshit Ubi-DRM.

Pooya

Ghost Recon Future Soldier Beta is on disc

vg247 said:
If you buy Splinter Cell: Conviction next week, your entry to the Ghost Recon: Future Soldier multiplayer beta will be on the disc.

At least that’s according to a listing of Conviction from retailer GameStop, which states the information, with the offer applying to either online or in-store orders of the game.

“Reserve Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell Conviction and receive VIP Access to the Ghost Recon: Future Soldier Multiplayer Beta. Beta offer is good only on Xbox 360 and is only accessible using the Splinter Cell Conviction game disc. Available online and in-store while supplies last.”

The deal is similar to what happened with the Halo 3 beta in first editions of Crackdown, or what seems to be happening with the multiplayer beta of Halo: Reach inside every copy of Halo 3: ODST.

Splinter Cell: Conviction releases next week for Xbox 360, with a PC release on April 29.

Ghost Recon: Future Soldier releases this fall for PS3, 360 and PC. The MP beta is exclusive to 360.

Interfectum

BenjaminBirdie said:
I could never get into previous Splinter Cells but this seems perfectly streamlined for me.

2hgzmdu.gif

sflufan

Banned
buy teh haloz said:
What's all this panther stuff about?

When you kill an enemy, claw marks appear on the screen and you hear the growl/roar of a panther.

No, I'm not kidding. Seriously.

Interfectum

I figured that would make BB's day. He loves it when I pay attention to him. :lol

The demo of this game was horrid. Between the black and white 'stealth' action and the tiger sounds I'm at a loss as to why they even called this splinter cell. It's a shame too because MGS4 pretty much dumped stealth, hitman is obviously never going to come out with another sequel and SC was the last great holdout in the genre. :\

I'll give it a rent to see if it gets better in the later stages.

Swittcher

Banned
sflufan said:
When you kill an enemy, claw marks appear on the screen and you hear the growl/roar of a panther.

No, I'm not kidding. Seriously.

I played the demo, and I didn't notice that.

That...is...well, it's... uh, yeah.

MMaRsu

BenjaminBirdie said:
Are you fucking kidding me? You're down to trolling me?

:lol

I missed you, man.

I gotta be honest dude, this game seems shitty compared to CT. I can't believe that game isn't streamlined enough for you :p.

MMaRsu said:
I gotta be honest dude, this game seems shitty compared to CT. I can't believe that game isn't streamlined enough for you :p.

I never played Chaos Theory. The Xbox was pretty much my Jet Set Radio Future machine.

Top Bottom