• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splinter Cell Conviction |OT| The Rebourne Panther

JambiBum

Always-honest said:
no never played it. will look for it second hand. thanx.
Should only be about ten dollars at a game store. If you can't find it there you can always get it off of the marketplace.

JambiBum

sweetvar26 said:
Any word on how big the USB drive that comes with the Limited Edition? Would be nice if it is 4GB.
I'll guess around 3GB. Might get 4. Doubt it though.

Here are some new videos.

Hand to hand kills

Navigation

Note: for anyone who doesn't like the whole panther claw thing, you might want to mute the first video :lol

traveler

Not Wario
Big Ass Ramp said:
Can't make up my mind on this one. I really like Splinter Cell, but I would be getting the assfucked PC version...

This is the problem I'm having as well. I honestly can't count on having a steady internet connection at home during the summer so, naturally, I hate the idea of having to be online to play a friggin SP game.

But this is one of my favorite franchises and I've really been looking forward to it. I don't take it there's any chance of Ubi seeing the light of day and removing the ridiculously stupid drm? I really can't justify purchasing it otherwise.

So I'm in a bind here with this. My question I pose to GAF today is:

Does anyone plan on picking up the PC game? Considering how the game run in the demo, I feel like technically the PC version may be the better version for me. However, the DRM is still striking a chord for me, and I'd want folk to co-op with.

Always-honest said:
oh, well, xbox it is then. thanx

Hmm. Did the original Live servers go down yet? If you pick up CT and decide to do online co-op you have like less than a week to play maybe. I think it's offline, too. Not sure.

Gooster said:
Hmm. Did the original Live servers go down yet? If you pick up CT and decide to do online co-op you have like less than a week to play maybe. I think it's offline, too. Not sure.

I think the date is April 15th if I remember right

edit: yeah coop is available offline

DrBo42

FunkyMunkey said:
A "stealth" video of them murdering and massacring every enemy they see.

They know what stealth means right?

It's not really something we should get into. There are multiple interpretations of stealth, like special ops units in our armed forces. Let's say their objective is a hostage in a guarded compound, they're going to kill every hostile obstacle in their way, but they will do it quietly. It's still a stealth mission. In terms of the game, it's not the same stealth we're used to, but it's still technically stealth.

JambiBum

FunkyMunkey said:
A "stealth" video of them murdering and massacring every enemy they see.

They know what stealth means right?

If you want a video where your version of stealth is shown then watch this

The ign video was done by ign. I can't even watch it because of Hilary's voice.

Gooster said:

i'll be playing it offline and i'm interested in the single player as well. never played it.

Costanza said:
Use code SPLINTER and save another $5.

Does anyone know of a UK equivalent code? This doesn't work, well not with the special edition at least. Although that's only £40 on Amazon already instead of £50, but another couple of pounds saved would be nice.

JambiBum

Dead Man Typing said:
Does anyone know of a UK equivalent code? This doesn't work, well not with the special edition at least. Although that's only £40 on Amazon already instead of £50, but another couple of pounds saved would be nice.
Try it with the regular edition and see if it works. If it does then maybe you just can't use the code with the special.

So its temporarily out of stock at that dell link. If I order it will I still get it at that price just when they get their second shipment?

JambiBum said:
Try it with the regular edition and see if it works. If it does then maybe you just can't use the code with the special.

Nah didn't work. The special edition and the regular were the same price, but it seems they've now knocked £2 off of the regular edition. I'd given up on special editions, but this is Splinter Cell and it is only an extra £2. Plus it was the same price as the regular version when I ordered.

Big-ass Ramp

hella bullets that's true
Brandon F said:
"HEY I CALLED SHOTGUN!!!"

:so sick of this ad:

That is the worst ad ever made, ever, of all time. I can't believe that someone wrote that and actually thought "hey, that's funny enough for TV" and people didn't stop him and punch him in the face.

Big Ass Ramp said:
That is the worst ad ever made, ever, of all time. I can't believe that someone wrote that and actually thought "hey, that's funny enough for TV" and people didn't stop him and punch him in the face.

Completely agree with you. It screams Gamestop teenager to me. Fucking voices are so annoying too.

Ogs said:
So this isnt the one people are ragging on ? I saw this a few days ago and really liked the trailer. Wheres this gamestop trailer, i need a laugh :D

Definitely not the one. The trailer with the Cash song is fucking amazing. Perfect cohesion of elements if you ask me.

JambiBum

Ogs said:
So this isnt the one people are ragging on ? I saw this a few days ago and really liked the trailer. Wheres this gamestop trailer, i need a laugh :D
Go to gametrailers and watch almost any video that has been released recently. It's usually the ad they play beforehand. I love me some SC, but damn if that commercial doesn't make me cringe.

Ogs said:

"Looks like I got shotgun."

I almost expected Fisher in that UK video to say "Looking for me, asshole?" at the end. Awesome video.

Beaulieu said:
The game comes out in 5 days, and this thread is 4 pages long...
There is a lack of hype for this title...

I think this is why.

Dabanton

Beaulieu said:
The game comes out in 5 days, and this thread is 4 pages long...
There is a lack of hype for this title...

I suspect business will pick up in here once the review score start hitting.

ToyMachine228 said:
Just noticed the 360 version is only $51.99 on Amazon...Hmmmm...

Just wanted to say THANK YOU! for the heads up. Was able to get it for 30$ day 1 release after the discount, the SPLINTER code, and the 20$ I had on credit.

:)

Top Bottom