• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[SPOILERS] Dangan Ronpa 2 Spoiler Thread | Aloha, Despair!

Jintor

Dude has a full monokuma file in DR1 from what I recall. He just never shows up or has any plot importance (apart from I think maybe developing some of the drugs or something, idk)

The Ultimate Botanist is only mentioned in passing by Monokuma in DR1 saying he grew the giant Monokuma Flower in the greenhouse on the 5th floor and that he's dead dead dead.

His picture only shows up in the gallery of DR1 and that's about all we know about him.

Oh and his name is Santa Shikiba.

Squire

Banned
i assume Ultimate Botanist is a DR Zero character?

Dude has a full monokuma file in DR1 from what I recall. He just never shows up or has any plot importance (apart from I think maybe developing some of the drugs or something, idk)

DanganRonpa Wiki said:
Santa Shikiba (色葉 田田田 Shikiba Santa) is the Ultimate Botanist (超高校級の「植物学者」chō kōkō kyū no "shokubutsu gakusha"). He is mentioned only once in Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc by title, and his name and appearance are only shown in the art book. Not much else is known about him, except that he engineered the Monokuma Flower located in the garden on the fifth floor of the academy and that he is already dead.

http://danganronpa.wikia.com/wiki/Santa_Shikiba

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
Shikiba. Lol.

Fucking kanji

/edit wait, I think that's 田田田 Santa.

It's still nonsensical, as the wiki says, the only reading of that kanji is ta, and 3 is san in japanese, so 3-tas, Santa. If you want to get tecnical it means 3 rices

Vylash

Shikiba. Lol.

Fucking kanji

tumblr_n9k5tub3cn1tdltjjo3_400.gif

ooooh, okay then

Shikiba. Lol.

Fucking kanji

Just a few minutes ago I realized Hifumi's first name is written as 一二三.
Great, now I'm going to spend the next hour looking for weird puns and name spellings.

Gazoinks

It's still nonsensical, as the wiki says, the only reading of that kanji is ta, and 3 is san in japanese, so 3-tas, Santa. If you want to get tecnical it means 3 rices

This is one of the stupidest puns I've ever seen. Good job DR writer guy.

Jintor

Just a few minutes ago I realized Hifumi's first name is written as 一二三.
Great, now I'm going to spend the next hour looking for weird puns and name spellings.

Lol from the classic counting system right? I guess ichinisan doesn't have the same ring to it

Is the DR wiki safe to look at? I want to check some info of the characters from SDR2 but I don't want to get spoiled from Another Episode.

Completely not. If a character has some relation in AE, it'll be mentioned in the wiki.

You might even get spoiled by the newest images uploaded to the wiki on the right side of every page too. :p

Caladrius

Completely not. If a character has some relation in AE, it'll be mentioned in the wiki.

You might even get spoiled by the newest images uploaded to the wiki on the right side of every page too. :p

I'm happy to be blessed with the gift of "I don't care about spoilers."

My gaming life would be pure hell otherwise.

Rubedo

I'm happy to be blessed with the gift of "I don't care about spoilers."

My gaming life would be pure hell otherwise.

I cared about spoilers for DR1 and 2 but not for AE. It's not the same kind of game where one spoiler among a minefield could ruin everything.

I watched through the whole game. No regrets.

I cared about spoilers for DR1 and 2 but not for AE. It's not the same kind of game where one spoiler among a minefield could ruin everything.

I watched theough the whole game. No regrets.
Oh really? I was wondering if AE was like the other games in the sense of a major spoiler like "Junko is the mastermind" or "Everyone is Ultimate Despair". If so, then I wouldn't mind watching a playthrough of it, specially since I know I will get spoiled one day for whatever reason.

Oh really? I was wondering if AE was like the other games in the sense of a major spoiler like "Junko is the mastermind" or "Everyone is Ultimate Despair". If so, then I wouldn't mind watching a playthrough of it, specially since I know I will get spoiled one day for whatever reason.

Some grand twist? Sure, of course it does~

Rubedo

I mean there are twists but nothing completely mind-blowing like in the two main games.

Zareka

Sakura's master is fighting Sakura, and the dude with the spikes is the Ultimate Botanist who grew the giant plant in the garden (the red herring plant).
The Ultimate Biologist (the guy who created the plant in the garden) and Kenshiro (Sakura's rival that she mentions in her FTE)
Oh, right, I had no idea those two were more than mentioned in the first game. I did wonder who on earth those two were when I download a bunch of DR1 sprites, though. Weird that they have official art and everything.

And yeah, I considered that Hajime chopped his hair but I just never though it'd be one of his priorities once he got out of the VR. And it still doesn't explain dark black > light brown, though the colours are similar enough that it could have been the shadows making it look black in those artwork scenes. Eh, I'll get over it.

Oh, right, I had no idea those two were more than mentioned in the first game. I did wonder who on earth those two were when I download a bunch of DR1 sprites, though. Weird that they have official art and everything.

And yeah, I considered that Hajime chopped his hair but I just never though it'd be one of his priorities once he got out of the VR. And it still doesn't explain dark black > light brown, though the colours are similar enough that it could have been the shadows making it look black in those artwork scenes. Eh, I'll get over it.
the color always felt the same to me, and yea if I was hajime chopping my hair would also be one of the first things I did

Theres also the possibility that as a part of the hope restoration project his hair was cut for him while he was in the simulation. Other characters deformities and mutilations couldve been cleaned up as best as possible. I doubt they would want them to come out of the simulation to immediately have to face themselves at their most grotesque

The danganronpa wiki is one of the most awful sites on the Internet.

There absolutely is a way to write a character profile without spoiling important plot points unmarked and/ or in the first paragraph .

After I played DR1 for the first time, I went there to read Kirigiri´s backstory (ot the little we know of it) again...and like the second sentence spoiled that she was one of the few returning characters in DR2.

Zero nuance or tact. Just fuck of, DR-wiki

Rubedo

the color always felt the same to me, and yea if I was hajime chopping my hair would also be one of the first things I did

Theres also the possibility that as a part of the hope restoration project his hair was cut for him while he was in the simulation. Other characters deformities and mutilations couldve been cleaned up as best as possible. I doubt they would want them to come out of the simulation to immediately have to face themselves at their most grotesque

His hair is also silver for some reason in the scene on the ship with Nagito.

PK Gaming

I wouldn't read to much into the hair color changing.

We've had ridiculous hair color changes before (Taka>>>Kiyondo). They probably gave him black hair for thematic reasons (black hair is a lot more ominous than brown). It's also worth pointing that Kamukura's eyes are red, unlike Hajime's.

Lol the character descriptions in IF spoil that Fukawa is Genocider, Celeste faking her name and about Mukuro and Junko but yet leave Kirigiri's talent unknown and don't say Chihiro is a boy.
Some grand twist? Sure, of course it does~
I mean there are twists but nothing completely mind-blowing like in the two main games.
Hmm, well, it happens between the two DR games, right? I doubt something major happens that isn't known in 1 or 2, unless something like Naegi's sister or Fukawa dying happens. I'm still looking forward to it, though.

GSR

There absolutely is a way to write a character profile without spoiling important plot points unmarked and/ or in the first paragraph .

After I played DR1 for the first time, I went there to read Kirigiri´s backstory (ot the little we know of it) again...and like the second sentence spoiled that she was one of the few returning characters in DR2.

I think this is an issue with a lot of fan wikis, honestly. I know with the Ace Attorney one there's quite frequently major spoilers plastered in plain sight far earlier than you'd expect. To be fair they throw a spoiler warning across the top of the page for new stuff, but it's a little ridiculous how quickly people add spoiler info.

Personal example: after Dual Destinies came out, I updated the
Psyche-Lock
page there to reflect
black ones appearing and getting clarification
, but wrote it in a way to avoid as many spoilers as possible. Someone came along, edited my sentence to spoil the exact kinds of things I was trying not to, and then added a screencap of the scene for good measure.

Squire

Banned
Lol the character descriptions in IF spoil that Fukawa is Genocider, Celeste faking her name and about Mukuro and Junko but yet leave Kirigiri's talent unknown and don't say Chihiro is a boy.

Hmm, well, it happens between the two DR games, right? I doubt something major happens that isn't known in 1 or 2, unless something like Naegi's sister or Fukawa dying happens. I'm still looking forward to it, though.

Fukawa makes it, since they reference her at the close of DR2. I'm gonna assume Komaru is fine as well, since Naegi doesn't look particularly distraught.

DR If is amazing. Why it can't be real

Mukuro crush on Makoto was very interesting, but even more interesting was that Makoto wasn't in her OR Sayaka, but Kyoko!

Uggh, I was hoping Chihiro didn't invent Monokuma. I know he's the Ultimate Programmer and stuff, but he inventing Monokuma, making the Neo World thing, creating Alter Ego, and yadda yadda just seems so unbelievable to me. But whatevs. Also lol Yasuhiro tricking Fuyuhiko's sister.

I think every character got some kind of moment, specially Sakura. Leon crushing Monokuma just to protect Sayaka, just after the day she was supposed to kill him, OH MY FEELS.

Mukuro was better than I expected and her trying to insert hope into everyone and escape just to make Junko feel despair so she can enjoy it was very interesting.

Dat mention of Jabberwock Island. Also lol they reused the scene from the first game and gave an excuse for Mukuro to still be dressed as Junko.

It doesn't beat YouTube, though.
Fukawa makes it, since they reference her at the close of DR2. I'm gonna assume Komaru is fine as well, since Naegi doesn't look particularly distraught.
Hmm, yeah, you're right about that.

Zareka

I wouldn't read to much into the hair color changing.

We've had ridiculous hair color changes before (Taka>>>Kiyondo). They probably gave him black hair for thematic reasons (black hair is a lot more ominous than brown). It's also worth pointing that Kamukura's eyes are red, unlike Hajime's.

Heh, I keep forgetting about what happened to Taka, and the eye colour. I guess I'll just brush it off as one of those Danganronpa things that makes no sense at all but since it doesn't have any bearing on the story, they don't bother to explain it.

I like that theory with them being restored to their pre-despair physical appearance too. That sounds very possible, actually. Makes a lot of sense.

Vylash

DR If is amazing. Why it can't be real

Mukuro crush on Makoto was very interesting, but even more interesting was that Makoto wasn't in her OR Sayaka, but Kyoko!

Uggh, I was hoping Chihiro didn't invent Monokuma. I know he's the Ultimate Programmer and stuff, but he inventing Monokuma, making the Neo World thing, creating Alter Ego, and yadda yadda just seems so unbelievable to me. But whatevs. Also lol Yasuhiro tricking Fuyuhiko's sister.

I think every character got some kind of moment, specially Sakura. Leon crushing Monokuma just to protect Sayaka, just after the day she was supposed to kill him, OH MY FEELS.

Mukuro was better than I expected and her trying to insert hope into everyone and escape just to make Junko feel despair so she can enjoy it was very interesting.

Dat mention of Jabberwock Island. Also lol they reused the scene from the first game and gave an excuse for Mukuro to still be dressed as Junko.

DR IF just made me even angrier at how they handled Mukuro, she could've been a very interesting and complex character and they just kill her off like she's nothing

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
DR IF just made me even angrier at how they handled Mukuro, she could've been a very interesting and complex character and they just kill her off like she's nothing

Yeah, it's sad how some characters that had amazing potentital got killed off, like Sayaka, or Mukuro, but at least they didn't get Taka'd.

FluxWaveZ

Hypothetical: Going by DR1/DR2 rules, do you think it would be possible for person1 to set up a situation where person2 was killed by person3, but person1 would not be the blackened? Like something convoluted where person1 set up a bomb that would explode in person2's room if their doorbell was pressed, and person3 was the person to set it off while person2 was in the room.

Just something I thought about when thinking about a DR character that would get their kicks from watching others kill each other, but wouldn't want to be killed themselves by becoming a blackened.

That'd be roughly the same thing as case 5, but with the victim being a different person than the one setting it up, right? Like, if instead of willingly staying in the burning room, Nagito drugged someone, brought them to the room, and tied them down. Seems plausible.

FluxWaveZ

That'd be roughly the same thing as case 5, but with the victim being a different person than the one setting it up, right? Like, if instead of willingly staying in the burning room, Nagito drugged someone, brought them to the room, and tied them down. Seems plausible.

That's kinda what I'm thinking: if Nagito had done that, but Chiaki had still thrown the poison vial, would she have been the blackened or would Nagito have been as the mastermind behind it all? I'm not sure.

I like the concept; I'd probably like it if it was done. Or maybe just a character who's so good at psychologically messing people up that they influence them to do some crazy stuff, like an Ultimate Psychologist that had been suggested before.

If Nagito wasn't responsible for his death, than I'd take it to mean that the mastermind behind a murder like that also wouldn't be considered the culprit. I don't think whether or not the mastermind is alive should make a difference, as DR1 Case 4 indicates.

One murder scenario that would be cool to see is if the murderer is someone who died earlier in the game. It would be cool to see hints dropped throughout the game instead of just one chapter.

Grexeno

One murder scenario that would be cool to see is if the murderer is someone who died earlier in the game. It would be cool to see hints dropped throughout the game instead of just one chapter.
So basically something similar to the situation FluxWaveZ described above, where someone sets a trap but is murdered by someone else before the trap is set off later in the story?

So basically something similar to the situation FluxWaveZ described above, where someone sets a trap but is murdered by someone else before the trap is set off later in the story?

Sure something like that.

Hey, we can even someone vile that ends up murdering two people, one where they get executed for and another after their deaths.

RetroMG

Goddamn it, I'm an idiot.

I picked up a Playstation TV and assumed that I needed to format my Vita card before I moved it to the new device. (I rarely play my Vita outside the house, so I'll get a new card down the road.) I didn't worry about it because I just assumed I could re-download everything. Except I didn't think about my save file. So I got ready to go finish up the trophies on DR2, only to realize that I have to replay the entire game.

Oh well, I guess I'll use a list and make sure I get all the Monokumas and special events and such this time through.

EDIT: In case anyone else is planning to pick up a Playstation TV, you apparently don't have to format the card at all, you can just move it from one device to another. Don't make the mistake I made!

On the plus side, DR2 looks pretty good on a big screen.

kewlmyc

Goddamn it, I'm an idiot.

I picked up a Playstation TV and assumed that I needed to format my Vita card before I moved it to the new device. (I rarely play my Vita outside the house, so I'll get a new card down the road.) I didn't worry about it because I just assumed I could re-download everything. Except I didn't think about my save file. So I got ready to go finish up the trophies on DR2, only to realize that I have to replay the entire game.

Oh well, I guess I'll use a list and make sure I get all the Monokumas and special events and such this time through.

EDIT: In case anyone else is planning to pick up a Playstation TV, you apparently don't have to format the card at all, you can just move it from one device to another. Don't make the mistake I made!

On the plus side, DR2 looks pretty good on a big screen.

I'm interested in getting one, but I'm hearing way too many problems with it.

Top Bottom