• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[SPOILERS] Dangan Ronpa 2 Spoiler Thread | Aloha, Despair!

LiK

i wonder if Kado knew Mukuro would become so popular. maybe they should make a figure for her in her soldier outfit, heh

Meia

The whole series is amazing, and I finished 2 a day or so ago now. Was in the chapter 6 trial and playing on my breaks after work. Once work ended, I started it up, and basically sat for 3 hours in my car in the parking lot since I couldn't put it down, lol.

I got really lucky with my playthrough in terms of who I spent time with. First one I maxed was Mikan, my favorite character. The second I found out about the ruined surveillance equipment in the room, I was just going "god dammit Mikan..." throughout the rest of the trial, tearing up as I had to pick her. Then of course that mood shift happened, and yikes.

Second was Akane, who of course survived the whole thing. Then I started on Chiaki, but in chapter 4 you cannot spend any time whatever with her so I was two away from the end. So I decided to spend all of chapter 4 on Gundham, and they just happen to give you the right amount of time to max it just in time for that chapter......and then despair.

Then you only get two free time moments in Chapter 5, and hey, Chiaki only had two left, so was able to complete hers too! And then....yeah.

Unlike the first game, I never had a character i started off unfinished at the end, which was great/lucky.

I really like how the executions had more emotional weight in this one. They may have been better I think in the first one overall, but in this they had much more of a leadup with the characters talking to each other both before and after that really made the emotions of them hit home. So good.

Chiaki girl of forever.

Moonlight

Banned
Gonna go ahead and repost my favourite Mukuro art.

tumblr_mx1iszqmHF1szifclo1_500.png

My name is GUNDAM TANAKA! Remember it well, for it will be the name that will one day belong to the Pokémon Champion!

gymOa51.png

Dedenne: You can't talk about Gundam without mentioning his Four Dark Devas of Destruction, and Dedenne is the closest possible thing there is to the hamster Pokémon required to do his Devas justice. Ironically, as a Fairy-type, Dedenne actually excels at defeating those who dabble in the dark arts rather than assisting them.

Arcanine: Legend says that if you can properly tame an Arcanine, it will become fiercely loyal to you and never leave your side. This kind of challenge would likely be nothing to one such as Gundam, who I imagine would proudly use Arcanine in battle as proof of his mastery of animals.

Greninja: Aside from being Dark-type, Greninja also seems to share some of Gundam's fashion sense; sporting a long, pink scarf. It's also top-tier in the competitive field, symbolizing Gundam's top-tier status as a character.

Accelgor: IF YOU FLINCH, YOU WILL DIE! As one of the fastest Pokémon around, Accelgor represents Gundam's craftiness and quick wit. It also pretty much looks like Gundam in Pokémon form.

Zangoose: Zangoose are known to be loners among Pokémon, preferring to spend time alone or with others of their kind rather than socialize with different species. This is similar to how Gundam considers his supposedly-inhuman status as an excuse to seclude himself from the rest of the group. Zangoose also shares Gundam's awesome facial scar tattoo.

Mega Houndoom: Can you think of a better Mega Pokémon for Gundam to train than Mega Houndoom? Representing Gundam's darkly heroic nature, Hellhound Earring and INFINITY UNLIMITED FLAME (supposedly a burn from a Houndoom will hurt until the day you die), this sick puppy's the lynchpin of Gundam's Pokémon team.

So who's next? You decide! Whoever gets the most votes by this time tomorrow will be given the PokéRonpa treatment.

My name is GUNDAM TANAKA! Remember it well, for it will be the name that will one day belong to the Pokémon Champion!

gymOa51.png

Dedenne, Greninja, Zangoose and Mega Houndoom are perfect. Especially Dedenne, it's so fitting and yet I don't think I ever would have thought of it. As for who's next, I vote for the Ultimate Impostor, "Byakuya Togami"!

JNA

Banned

gymOa51.png

Dedenne: You can't talk about Gundam without mentioning his Four Dark Devas of Destruction, and Dedenne is the closest possible thing there is to the hamster Pokémon required to do his Devas justice. Ironically, as a Fairy-type, Dedenne actually excels at defeating those who dabble in the dark arts rather than assisting them.

Arcanine: Legend says that if you can properly tame an Arcanine, it will become fiercely loyal to you and never leave your side. This kind of challenge would likely be nothing to one such as Gundam, who I imagine would proudly use Arcanine in battle as proof of his mastery of animals.

Greninja: Aside from being Dark-type, Greninja also seems to share some of Gundam's fashion sense; sporting a long, pink scarf. It's also top-tier in the competitive field, symbolizing Gundam's top-tier status as a character.

Accelgor: IF YOU FLINCH, YOU WILL DIE! As one of the fastest Pokémon around, Accelgor represents Gundam's craftiness and quick wit. It also pretty much looks like Gundam in Pokémon form.

Zangoose: Zangoose are known to be loners among Pokémon, preferring to spend time alone or with others of their kind rather than socialize with different species. This is similar to how Gundam considers his supposedly-inhuman status as an excuse to seclude himself from the rest of the group. Zangoose also shares Gundam's awesome facial scar tattoo.

Mega Houndoom: Can you think of a better Mega Pokémon for Gundam to train than Mega Houndoom? Representing Gundam's darkly heroic nature, Hellhound Earring and INFINITY UNLIMITED FLAME (supposedly a burn from a Houndoom will hurt until the day you die), this sick puppy's the lynchpin of Gundam's Pokémon team.

So who's next? You decide! Whoever gets the most votes by this time tomorrow will be given the PokéRonpa treatment.

Sonia_(4).png

Sonia is pleased. Especially with the Houndoom choice. By far the most suited Pokemon for Mr. Tanaka! :D

Also I vote for Chiaki next. :D

Rubedo

gymOa51.png

I vote Chiaki. I'm interested to see that since all I can think of off the top of my head would be Porygon.

JNA

Banned
I vote Chiaki. I'm interested to see that since all I can think of off the top of my head would be Porygon.

That's a good one.

I remember Chiaki saying something about herself how she usually thinks before she reacts or talk, and on the spot, she usually doesn't react at all.

Any Pokemon that reflects that kind of personality?

Yasumi

Banned
Just finished the epilogue and started reading IF. Ahhhhh, so good. 100% my game of the year, nothing will top it. The ending really got me reflecting, and knocked me out of a funk I've been in for the past few weeks. The best games really hit you on an emotional level like that.

Also, that pic of Komaeda wearing a glove in the Another Episode pics totally makes sense now. Think I'm going to import it and keep that DR momentum going.

Drago

Mega Houndoom and Dedenne are pretty much perfect Pokemon for Gundham, great picks :D

Next, uh... I guess I'll vote for Byakuya as well.
he better have Zoroark! :p

Just finished the epilogue. I loved the game. As soon as I started chapter 5 I played through it all, then it got weird and so I played straight through chapter 6. It got to a point I didn't want to stop playing and I loved it. I tried to go into the game completely blind, which I pretty much did. Because one thing I've learnt about this series is that spoilers are everywhere, even if you just search Danganronpa.
A very bitter sweet ending and I loved it. I found the game more hollowing this time
like I felt actual despair
. I fell for the trap in the first chapter, at least I think it was a trap. The whole Byakuya is alive (and fat) and because he was a survivor of the first game I expected him to be a big character throughout the game, totally didn't expect he'd die first. Actually I felt even worse when it was revealed he was just the ultimate imposter, so in fact he was a big fat nothing. Chiaki was spoilt for me before the game, because she has a figure. My brain processed too much despite only glimpsing at it. Didn't really affect my playthrough too much, I just knew she was connected to Monomi.
Nagito was pretty much my favourite character despite being pretty crazy for the first half of there game. I even liked when you get to play as him for a short period and you could clearly tell you were Nagito and not Hajime. He even gets the best case, because case 5 is pretty much my favourite thing in the game.
Wasn't expecting Junko to be returning as the main villain. I was weirdly happy she returned. Would've sucked if I knew that before hand. Though the twist with it being inside a virtual world I kind of thought would happen pretty early on when I started it. I think it might've been heavily foreshadowed. Or I just got lucky. And I didn't expect the finale to get that crazy because it sure did get crazy.
Pretty much I loved this game way more than the first. The trials were longer and weren't as simple, a couple of times the logic felt like it was being stretched a little, like school swimsuit and pebbles. I knew it was the swimsuit that was the answer because it was the only item that made sense but jeez did that feel a bit random.
Like why should I trust anything Ibuki says?

So what should I do now I've finished? I'm definitely going to get all the hope fragments in the another story mode first. I only got 2 full hope stars, Nekomaru and GUNDHAM TANAKA. Characters I both loved. Also I was getting super confused because hamsters have short lifespans and I wondered why they weren't dead yet because surely they would be if he doesn't remember anything? So I was glad that small thing was sorted with him being an avatar.

Also was there any reason why there was a Sakura statue in the fun house? Or was that just a random callback?
Sorry, I've just realised how scatterbrained this post is.

Well I can easily imagine one of the DR1 survivors (Asahina) adding that in as tribute to a lost friend that inspired them just like how Naegi had the 11037 code.

Nekomaru and GUNDHAM TANAKA.

*High five*

Now that you've finished, Island Mode will make it really easy to finish everybody's report card, so definitely do so! They flesh the characters out a lot. Also, make sure to read DanganRonpa IF! It's pretty cool as far as "what-if" stories go.

PK Gaming

gymOa51.png

A FITTING TEAM FOR THE SUPREME OVERLORD OF ICE

Also I just realized you gave them badges based on how many chapters they survive for

lol

One more vote for Chiaki!

Well I can easily imagine one of the DR1 survivors (Asahina) adding that in as tribute to a lost friend that inspired them just like how Naegi had the 11037 code.

Damn I feel silly now. That makes complete sense in respect to the 11037 code. I got tingles and shit when that appeared as the password.

*High five*

Now that you've finished, Island Mode will make it really easy to finish everybody's report card, so definitely do so! They flesh the characters out a lot. Also, make sure to read DanganRonpa IF! It's pretty cool as far as "what-if" stories go.

What even is IF? All I know is that I've unlocked it and it is a what if story.

Top Bottom