• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[SPOILERS] Dangan Ronpa 2 Spoiler Thread | Aloha, Despair!

Soulflarz

Banned
Being done with the main game (and finally finishing the slinks...er...hope fragments) is so good because you can finally google stuff and not go "OH MY GOD SPOILERS NO" the entire time.

Rubedo

When I finished the main game I had done Peko and Nagito's first event, done 3 events for both Chiaki and Fuyuhiko, two for Sonia, and fully completed Akane and Mikan.

bobawesome

When I finished the main game I had done Peko and Nagito's first event, done 3 events for both Chiaki amd Fuyuhiko, two for Sonia, and fully completed Akane and Mikan.

Akane was the first character I focused on/completed. Peko would've been the second. ;_;

I only finished up Chiaki and Gundham during the main game. And for Gundham I did all of his events during chapter 4... :(

SPEAKING of Gundham. I talked about it on the main thread and got some spoilered answers that I just didn't touch because, well, they could of been spoilers. What happened to the 4 Devas after he died?

Vylash

SPEAKING of Gundham. I talked about it on the main thread and got some spoilered answers that I just didn't touch because, well, they could of been spoilers. What happened to the 4 Devas after he died?

Owari_%287%29.png

Rubedo

I would have finishes Chiaki but she never let you hang out in Chapter 4. And then Chapter 5 only had two opportunities which I used to finished Akane.

http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130801214735/danganronpa/images/b/b3/Tanaka_(24).png[img]

[spoiler]Apparently some people said that those hamsters were fake and the real ones in the real world already died. :(

...and Sonia took care of the fake ones.[/spoiler][/QUOTE]

Oh wow of course, I had totally forgotten that they were where they were. Damn this just makes things even worse. Those little guys were awesome lol. I guess this would be the right answer.

I had Gundam's FTEs finished by the beginning of Chapter 2, and Akane and Kaz's not long after. I also managed to get 2 into Sonia's and 3 into Chiaki's by the time the credits rolled. My Hajime was proactive.

LX_Theo

Banned
I had finished Sonia's, Chiaki's, and Gundham's by the end of the game. I actually finished Gundham's on the last FTE of chapter 4. I'm also pretty sure I started his in chapter 4, as well.

Rubedo

Yeah, is that confirmed or something?

It looks more like they're rounding up the family members of Makoto's classmates to me.

I had finished Sonia's, Chiaki's, and Gundham's by the end of the game. I actually finished Gundham's on the last FTE of chapter 4. I'm also pretty sure I started his in chapter 4, as well.

So you did literally every FTE in Chapter 4 with him?

Acid08

Banned
Story time~

I'm starting school at a private art college next week. It's my first real jab at school since getting out of high school(six long years agoooo) and I'm straight up scared. I have depression and anxiety, it keeps me from doing a lot of things I want to do in life. Been making strides though and enrolled in school because I finally want to actually pursue this line of studying. Like I said though, I'm terrified of taking this chance. I've thought many times that I should just cancel my enrollment so I can stay at my job and keep living my unremarkable life.

A goal of mine before school started was to finish DR2 so the bulk of my spare time between Friday last week and yesterday was spent playing it. Yesterday, after hours spent on chapter 5, I decided to power through and finish the game. Fast forward through all the incredible stuff in chapter 6 to Chiaki's speech to Hajime near the end. What I've seen a lot of people refer to as Generic Anime Pump Up Speech™ was actually exactly what I needed to hear at this time. It filled me with courage and really made me realize what kind of mindset I wanted to have going forward in my life. Actually had to put the Vita down for a minute after the speech just to kinda let all those feelings wash over me. Then I picked it back up and used those feelings to power through the rest of the game and fucking destroy despair.

It was an amazing game and I feel almost indebted to it for even being able to inspire me for that moment. I feel better about school at the moment and I'm going to try to keep that sequence in my mind whenever I start to feel held down by my anxiety. Super grateful I got to play this, it could very well have a big impact on my life. Thanks for reading~

PK I'm joining your Chiaki club it's great to be here

Rubedo

Story time~

I'm starting school at a private art college next week. It's my first real jab at school since getting out of high school(six long years agoooo) and I'm straight up scared. I have depression and anxiety, it keeps me from doing a lot of things I want to do in life. Been making strides though and enrolled in school because I finally want to actually pursue this line of studying. Like I said though, I'm terrified of taking this chance. I've thought many times that I should just cancel my enrollment so I can stay at my job and keep living my unremarkable life.

A goal of mine before school started was to finish DR2 so the bulk of my spare time between Friday last week and yesterday was spent playing it. Yesterday, after hours spent on chapter 5, I decided to power through and finish the game. Fast forward through all the incredible stuff in chapter 6 to Chiaki's speech to Hajime near the end. What I've seen a lot of people refer to as Generic Anime Pump Up Speech™ was actually exactly what I needed to hear at this time. It filled me with courage and really made me realize what kind of mindset I wanted to have going forward in my life. Actually had to put the Vita down for a minute after the speech just to kinda let all those feelings wash over me. Then I picked it back up and used those feelings to power through the rest of the game and fucking destroy despair.

It was an amazing game and I feel almost indebted to it for even being able to inspire me for that moment. I feel better about school at the moment and I'm going to try to keep that sequence in my mind whenever I start to feel held down by my anxiety. Super grateful I got to play this, it could very well have a big impact on my life. Thanks for reading~

Damn dude. That's awesome!

And congratulations.

I managed to finish Gundham's, Nekomaru's, Kazuichi's, and Fuyuhiko's. I was really worried when Nekomaru disappeared and even more so when he became a robot, but it was all good because he sill hung out with me.

Also, I'm glad the game helped you out so much Acid08. Good luck in school!!!

Story time~

Nothing wrong with being moved by generic anime pump up speeches. Gurren Lagann is pretty much what got me through college and helped me lose weight.

Gundam's FTEs are so great because they say a lot about why he is the way he is, but you have to interpret his usual nutty ramblings to make sense of them. Deep down, he was just a lonely guy who uses the overlord of darkness schtick to mask his insecurities and socialization problems.

Also apparently he's a pretty good fighter or something because holy crap he took on a robot and won.

JNA

Banned
Story time~

Damn dude that's great to hear! Hope everything works out for you!

tumblr_inline_muzjh155iN1r501k5.png

Or as Chiaki would say, "I'll be cheering for you". :)

Rubedo

Gundam's FTEs are so great because they say a lot about why he is the way he is, but you have to interpret his usual nutty ramblings to make sense of them. Deep down, he was just a lonely guy who uses the overlord of darkness schtick to mask his insecurities and socialization problems.

Also apparently he's a pretty good fighter or something because holy crap he took on a robot and won.

I thought he only won because the hamsters hit Nekomaru's button while he was busy facing off against Gundham.

Story time~

This was a nice read dude, hope everything works out for you! I can relate in a way, the game that changed me was Persona 3, I still look back to it fondly not only because it was a good game, but because it changed me as a person too.

And I agree, Chiaki is the best girl.

LX_Theo

Banned
Doesn't he get really angry when Hajime suggests that though?

I just thought he got angry at how Hajime was phrasing it since it undersold it to him. I can say without a doubt he had a hamster press a button. They wouldn't have made a big stink earlier about how they're trained to do as much otherwise.

I thought Gundham was mad because they didn't understand what he and Nekomaru did for them. Both gave it their all to fight the despair they're going through.

That makes sense. Either way, he and Neko are heroes for what they did. The entire after-trial section of Chapter 4 was probably the most emotional part of the game for me.

That makes sense. Either way, he and Neko are heroes for what they did. The entire after-trial section of Chapter 4 was probably the most emotional part of the game for me.

It was actually the one part of the game where I teared up. Gundham and Nekomaru were already two of my favorite characters, and I couldn't imagine a better way for them to exit the stage.

It was actually the one part of the game where I teared up. Gundham and Nekomaru were already two of my favorite characters, and I couldn't imagine a better way for them to exit the stage.

Oh man, I was an emotional wreck all the way from when you have to select Gundam as the culprit to the end of his execution. I actually failed the PTA against Gundam because I was so upset, which is the only time I've failed any minigame in the series.

JNA

Banned
Oh man, I was an emotional wreck all the way from when you have to select Gundam as the culprit to the end of his execution. I actually failed the PTA against Gundam because I was so upset, which is the only time I've failed any minigame in the series.

I was selecting Soda as the culprit a few times un-purpose because I refused to kill off Gundam. Tried to believe it was just the game glitching and that it would fix itself once I clicked on Soda enough times...

it turned out to not be a glitch...

Jamix012

I thought he only won because the hamsters hit Nekomaru's button while he was busy facing off against Gundham.

While this is probably true, my interpretation is that there was a fight and it wasn't simply instant hamster attack. I believe they fought and eventually Gundham managed to somehow force open the case with the sleepmode button? In the evidence it is cracked open, and it's possible this occurred from the fall, but I'd like to believe there was some sort of fight.

PK Gaming

Story time~

It's always a wonderful thing when a game actually affects you on an emotional level. And I have to agree, Chiaki's speech was pretty damn uplifting/opening. Hher speech was one of the rare few times where I actually felt moved while playing a video game. I think it's strength stems from the fact that it's relevant to virtually every kind of player, (or at the very least those who were facing anxiety about the future). Chiaki didn't talk about trusting in the bonds of friends, or hoping for world or any of that stuff. Her speech was about having faith in yourself and taking control of your own future, even if you've made serious mistakes in the past. Striving for future and letting go of your past wasn't something I used to give much though, but I seriously started thinking about it after hearing her. So, in conclusion: Chiaki Nanami? Best character. Not because she's cute. Not because she plays video games. But because she's emotional supportive in a non-manipulative way.

I'm glad this game gave you to courage to take that first step. I have faith that you'll kick ass in school.

The Chiaki club accept welcomes you with open arms ♪

Moonlight

Banned
Story time~

Totally amazing post. It's always really great to hear how games and narratives can affect people so positively - and I think that inherently positive message is a big reason why I like the DR games myself. For all the craziness, it's got this really encouraging, uplifting thematic core that always manages to cheer me up. I'll be pulling for you!

And Chiaki's pretty damn great.
ibuki still better tho :v

I'm just gonna accept IF as the true canon and regular Danganronpa 1 and 2 are the weird fanfictions.
Mukuro School Mode ending is acceptable as well.

Top Bottom