• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[SPOILERS] Dangan Ronpa 2 Spoiler Thread | Aloha, Despair!

I can't remember what Sonia referenced, but I did look the title up afterwards. It didn't exist.

Guess it got changed to a fictional tv show?

Nachos

I do remember Sonia making a reference to some TV show in chapter 2.
I don't remember much after that.
I can't remember what Sonia referenced, but I did look the title up afterwards. It didn't exist.

Guess it got changed to a fictional tv show?

I figured something like that would happen, but now I'm wondering if there's anything that's stopping them from using real TV shows, since they name-dropped Chef Boyardee in the first game.

I just finished.

Nagito MADE this game.

I know that they had two endings to serve at the end, but I really would not have minded if the game had ended after Chapter Five.

Nachos

I just finished.

Nagito MADE this game.

I know that they had two endings to serve at the end, but I really would not have minded if the game had ended after Chapter Five.

Congrats!

Speaking of which, though, how was Nagito's English voice acting? Was his performance during that scene in chapter 1 any good?

Oh, and sorry for all these questions.

Nachos

YnCeUGf.jpg

I must have picked the wost characters on my "free time" since I didn't pick up on the island students being Ultimate Despairs like everyone else seemed to.

I did Akane, Chiaki and Sonia in the tiny amount of time they give to you. Akane did reveal some pretty gruesome stuff, but I took it as a character quirk and since the other two girls didn't really have much to their free times, I never went back to think about Akane's.

I must have picked the wost characters on my "free time" since I didn't pick up on the island students being Ultimate Despairs like everyone else seemed to.

I did Akane, Chiaki and Sonia in the tiny amount of time they give to you. Akane did reveal some pretty gruesome stuff, but I took it as a character quirk and since the other two girls didn't really have much to their free times, I never went back to think about Akane's.
I finished Chiaki's early in the game and just chalked it up as some backstory.
After beating the game, I finally realized what she was saying.

Nachos

I just looked on YouTube, and JustOneGamr uploaded the entire first case. Nagito's moment happens about 46 minutes in.

Can't say I'm 100% satisfied with his performance, but I think he did a really good job for the most part. I'm also really liking Mahiru's, Ibuki's, and Saiyonji's actresses, even if Saiyonji's occasionally slips between voices.

I also have no idea what's going on with Hajime's voice when he shoots down an argument. He normally sounds like a demure teenager, but then the clip that plays during those moments makes him sound way older. None of the other clips sound like that.

PK Gaming

Monomi sounds so adorable ♥

Also guys, I'm pretty sure Mahiru is voiced by Elizabeth Thomas (An up and comer)

She voiced the teacher in the TORADORA english dub.

Nachos

Also guys, I'm pretty sure Mahiru is voiced by Elizabeth Thomas (An up and comer)

She voiced the teacher in the TORADORA english dub.

Do you know if she's done anything else? Google doesn't turn up much about her, and her demo reel isn't on Voice Bank, either. With so scant details, I wouldn't be surprised if she came recommended by Bang Zoom.

PK Gaming

Do you know if she's done anything else? Google doesn't turn up much about her, and her demo reel isn't on Voice Bank, either. With so scant details, I wouldn't be surprised if she came recommended by Bang Zoom.

I couldn't find anything either but.. i'm at least 75% sure it's her!

(you can watch Toradora's english dub on crunchyroll if you wanna compare)

Labrys

I couldn't find anything either but.. i'm at least 75% sure it's her!

(you can watch Toradora's english dub on crunchyroll if you wanna compare)

Mind linking to an episode with the teacher in it? I have a good ear for these things, usually. (except for Jotaro in the Stardust Crusaders dub of JJBA, i was soooo sure he was Troy Baker but NO he was Matt Mercer.)

MSMrRound

Chiaki is such a good girl ;_;

I'm also surprised my first pick of Danganronpa 2 girls made it through (had a Sonia Nevermind avatar for a while) . I'm usually quite bad at these type of stuff...e.g Danganronpa 1 I liked Sayaka...and then something happened...so I liked Chihiro after that...and you know what happened....

Anyone doing that Tamagochi sim thingy?

How many variety of pets are there, and what are the requirements?

So far I only have Snakemi and Usami (hatched her three times in fact >.>).

Overall, really enjoyed Danganronpa 2. Not spoiled on most things, so twists got to me. Might have accidentally came across some cosplay of Chiaki in a Monomi sweater/jumper, so had an inking she might have been the traitor...but still...case 5...didn't see it coming...holy shit Nagito. CHIAKI!!! *Cries* Chiaki for Danganronpa 3 cameo!?!? Come on Kaz Kodaka, make it happen!

Personal ranking order for executions: (for chapter 1~5 executions)

1. Chiaki's was just heart-wrenching to watch. Loved how it's so closely matched to her Ultimate theme as well.
2. Peko's for being full of despair, when she was manipulated to slash her beloved young master
3. I thought missiles was the end of it, but noooope. They had to chain drag Teruteru and drop him into a volcano. Mmm Teruteru tempura. Fantastically animated as well.
4. Would have given Gundham's death even more points if the Four Dark Devas of Destruction were somehow mutilated before his very eyes, leading to more despair for him.
5. WHAT IN THE HECK IS MIKAN'S EXECUTION!?!? THAT'S IT!?

Gundham's execution was actually my favorite in the game.

I was worried they'd pull something to make him look pathetic and go all "I'VE BEEN LIVING A LIE AND I'M ABOUT TO DIE" but fuck no he was Gundham Tanaka the Dark Lord Animal Breeder to the end and it was awesome.

MSMrRound

the last thing this game needs is animal mutilation/death to be quite frank

Haha I guess. I really like the Four Devas, don't get me wrong (especially that little orange and squishy thing. It's just saying >.>

Might be dumb, but I still can't really figure out Mikan's execution...it just seems so...anti-climatic? =/

Fantastic work on the official OT btw! However...if I may offer a little bit of suggestion...is it possible to swap out Byakuya's crime scene photo with something else? I feel that it's a bit...spoiler-y in some way.

I was worried they'd pull something to make him look pathetic and go all "I'VE BEEN LIVING A LIE AND I'M ABOUT TO DIE" but fuck no he was Gundham Tanaka the Dark Lord Animal Breeder to the end and it was awesome.

Alter-Monokuma just seems to be...so much more tamer compared to some of the executions that occurred in the previous game. Gundham's death sort of felt kind of very peaceful to me for some reason, like Monokuma giving him some leeway because he made the move, and kind of sacrificed himself to stop the funhouse starvation game.

Maybe I enjoy multi-stage executions more. I dunno.

About remnants of despair discussions, do keep them coming! I enjoy reading some of the theories. For being such a Mama's Boy, think it's most likely Teruteru somehow offered her to Junko?

kewlmyc

Haha I guess. I really like the Four Devas, don't get me wrong (especially that little orange and squishy thing. It's just saying >.>

Might be dumb, but I still can't really figure out Mikan's execution...it just seems so...anti-climatic? =/

Fantastic work on the official OT btw! However...if I may offer a little bit of suggestion...is it possible to swap out Byakuya's crime scene photo with something else? I feel that it's a bit...spoiler-y in some way.

She climaxed then rode a giant fist into space. It's stupid, but kinda fits her.

Gundham's is the least humiliating/sadistic execution in the series by far. It's actually kind of jarring. Sure, his chuunibyou nonsense didn't work, but he went with a smile on his face and the program went the extra mile to bring him to heaven.

Also, can we agree that the only reason the first game got a CERO D rating is because of Leon's execution? The lack of that is the only reason I can think of that allows this one to get away with a C.

MSMrRound

She climaxed then rode a giant fist into space. It's stupid, but kinda fits her.

Fanservice character to the end.

Not that I mind ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Mikan was actually the first one that I got her report card maxed out. Kinda redeemed her character slightly in my eyes.

Labrys

Alter-Monokuma just seems to be...so much more tamer compared to some of the executions that occurred in the previous game. Gundham's death sort of felt kind of very peaceful to me for some reason, like Monokuma giving him some leeway because he made the move, and kind of sacrificed himself to stop the funhouse starvation game.

Maybe I enjoy multi-stage executions more. I dunno.

About remnants of despair discussions, do keep them coming! I enjoy reading some of the theories. For being such a Mama's Boy, think it's most likely Teruteru somehow offered her to Junko?

Swapped that photo out, didn't even realize. It was the only screenshot in my pool that was going on during investigation, so I just used it. Thanks for telling me.

As for Mikan's, I'm 99% sure it was just a final way to exploit her character for fanservice.

Also, the theory I like for Teruteru is that his mother died while he was at Hope's Peak (it mentioned she wasn't a very well lady) and that's what drove him into despair and helping Junko.

Maybe Monokuma just respects that Gundham can admit defeat gracefully!

Also, can we agree that the only reason the first game got a CERO D rating is because of Leon's execution? The lack of that is the only reason I can think of that allows this one to get away with a C.

For me at least, Nagito's corpse was far worse than anything in the first game, so I'm not sure how it managed to avoid a D, lol.

MSMrRound

Thanks for editing the screenshot and sorry for mentioning it!

I'm a fan of the theory that Teruteru killed his mother with his very own hands.

It would just make it so much more tragic in a way.

I'm still dead btw, by the fact that Mikan's embarrassing pose was kind of the final straw that concluded that Teruteru is the killer. When that happened, I paused my Vita, tilted my head back, and exhaled a loud "whaaaaaaaaat. It's really a piece of evidence in the end? Also, the one that exposes him? What the heeeeeck".

Oh, it should be okay to pose some screenshots here right?

Nachos

Oh, it should be okay to pose some screenshots here right?

Totally! It'll make the wait for the official release a bit more bearable, too.

Whaaaaaaaaat.
From the TV Tropes Fridge Horror section:
At the end of the first trial, before being executed, Hanamura is extremely worried about his frail old mother since he came to Hope's Peak Acadamy to help her. When he asks if his mother is ok, Monokuma refuses to answer. Fast forward to the end of the game, when it's mentioned that some of the students, who happened to be SHSL Despair, sacrificed their family to Enoshima. Therefore, it's entirely possible that Hanamura joyfully killed his mom who he was so worried about.

Actually, its speculated that based on some statements from Enoshima about "Consuming a pig", that Hanamura actually ATE his mother.

There's also stuff like Souda inventing the machines that were used in the first game's executions, and that the fake Byakuya may have actually, in fact, been a Togami who had failed to become head of the household like Byakuya did and was cast out.

Vylash

Man, i finished this last night and it absolutely broke me, Case 3 was the worst since Ibuki and Mikan were my favorites, that case hurt me to my very soul

I do wonder if there's any way to bring Junko back again, or maybe a new mastermind will take over somehow like Mukuro

Also Sonia totally won me over by the end with her amazingly forced cursing and slang "Jesus! Shit! You son of a bitch!"

Can't wait for TGS to get some more info on Another Episode. Wonder if it's going to be pure spin-off, or somewhat canon (only through the eyes of another protagonist, that being Naegi's sister)

It's Danganronpa 1.5 in terms of where it fits in the timeline.

Man, i finished this last night and it absolutely broke me, Case 3 was the worst since Ibuki and Mikan were my favorites, that case hurt me to my very soul"
Ibuki and Gundam were the ones who hit me the most (and Chiaki too). Ibuki especially for the way she was killed.

PK Gaming

Man, i finished this last night and it absolutely broke me, Case 3 was the worst since Ibuki and Mikan were my favorites, that case hurt me to my very soul

I do wonder if there's any way to bring Junko back again, or maybe a new mastermind will take over somehow like Mukuro

Also Sonia totally won me over by the end with her amazingly forced cursing and slang "Jesus! Shit! You son of a bitch!"

I cried great big tears of Despair when Ibuki kicked the bucket (in such a brutally unfair fashion too). Actually, I felt despair all of the deaths, since I loved each and every character.

And oh man, they retained Sonia's cursing? In the japanese version, she says them in english. It's funny as hell.

I laughed out loud when I heard her say this.

Vylash

I cried great big tears of Despair when Ibuki kicked the bucket (in such a brutally unfair fashion too). Actually, I felt despair all of the deaths, since I loved each and every character.

And oh man, they retained Sonia's cursing? In the japanese version, she says them in english. It's funny as hell.

"god damn it all to hell!" i died

MSMrRound

So....about those special event items, I just need to give them to the correct people during the Daily Life part in the respective chapters?

Top Bottom