• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*SPOILERS* The Walking Dead TV show, leaks, and comic book SPOILER discussion thread

Spizz

Banned
Well, they don't need a translator for showing a destroyed Glenn with Negan walking away saying ta ta.

Right guys? Guys?

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Oh, they're going for a Dallas "Who Shot JR?" kinda thing, except it's who did Negan introduce to Lucille? Eugh, not a fan. But I can see people eating it up.

They've done weird edits and cliffhangers like this before. I think the episode that lead to the midseason break was originally supposed to end in a different place but they cut it off at the "Mom? Mom!" instead.

Musolf815

I can see it being a cliffhanger with the POV shot as a sort of mirror from the series of shots of the group finishing off the horde in the midseason premiere.

fauxtrot

Banned
Please God, no cliffhanger. It'd be so much better with Rick's "I will kill you one day" line (I'm paraphrasing, obviously) and Negan riding off into the sunset after a "Ta-ta".

This also keeps them from having to linger at the site of the killing too long afterwards, because I worry they'll mess that up in some way and it'll feel awkward to see them either continue taking Maggie to the Hilltop or returning back home, etc. Ending the season with their encounter finished and then starting season 7 with everyone back at Alexandria and the Saviors coming to pick up half of their shit seems like such a better, more logical, and evenly paced way to go.

Lakitu

st5fu
Cliffhanger would be some bullshit. Logistically it doesn't make any sense, how would they show previews or teasers of season 7 without giving it away?

Spizz

Banned
Cliffhanger would be some bullshit. Logistically it doesn't make any sense, how would they show previews or teasers of season 7 without giving it away?
I guess they wouldn't show any of the possible suspects that may be killed, but even then that's stupid. They have to know it's going to leak when they start filming. It completely takes away the shock when these are the scenarios for how we found out who dies:

A) We find out via leaks.

B) We find out 7 months later where it loses most of the impact it could've had.

Just typing these scenarios out sounds so stupid...

Please God, no cliffhanger. It'd be so much better with Rick's "I will kill you one day" line (I'm paraphrasing, obviously) and Negan riding off into the sunset after a "Ta-ta".

This also keeps them from having to linger at the site of the killing too long afterwards, because I worry they'll mess that up in some way and it'll feel awkward to see them either continue taking Maggie to the Hilltop or returning back home, etc. Ending the season with their encounter finished and then starting season 7 with everyone back at Alexandria and the Saviors coming to pick up half of their shit seems like such a better, more logical, and evenly paced way to go.

There's SO much more after the death that establishes Negan. Case in point:
T0dyRSe.png

and
gn9HhXf.png

You can't have it end on Lucille.

jurec84

Unconfirmed Member
So I just took a look at the last episode again and from my point of view it's very much clear they wanted the season to end with a cliffhanger. Because the last scene goes like this: Negan basically counts down with Lucille pointing towards one of Rick's gang and as he ends the camera switches into the 1st person view of the chosen person and we see how his vision gets more foggy and Negan says: "Look at that. Taking it like a champ. Damn!" Screen fades to black and we hear desperate/horrified screams of the others ... I am not really optimistic they're going to make last minute cuts to that and I've been subtitling for more than 10 years now and while we do get last minute dialogue changes, we never get such big edits like this one would be.

UberTag

You can't have it end on Lucille.
I'm sure they'll tackle all of that material before the opening credits during the Season 7 premiere.

So I just took a look at the last episode again and from my point of view it's very much clear they wanted the season to end with a cliffhanger. Because the last scene goes like this: Negan basically counts down with Lucille pointing towards one of Rick's gang and as he ends the camera switches towards into the 1st person view of the chosen person and we see how his vision gets more foggy and Negan says: "Look at that. Taking it like a champ. Damn!" Screen fades to black and we hear desperate/horrified screams of the others ... I am not really optimistic they're going to make last minute cuts to that and I've been subtitling for more than 10 years now and while we do get last minute dialogue changes, we never get such big edits like this one would be.
Thanks for chiming in to the thread to clarify how those last few seconds of the finale go down for everyone.

Because it would totally be an AMC thing to do, watch them tack on an extra clip to air during the Talking Dead SEPARATE from the end of the episode that will show Negan walking away from the Lucille victim.

fauxtrot

Banned
So I just took a look at the last episode again and from my point of view it's very much clear they wanted the season to end with a cliffhanger. Because the last scene goes like this: Negan basically counts down with Lucille pointing towards one of Rick's gang and as he ends the camera switches towards into the 1st person view of the chosen person and we see how his vision gets more foggy and Negan says: "Look at that. Taking it like a champ. Damn!" Screen fades to black and we hear desperate/horrified screams of the others ... I am not really optimistic they're going to make last minute cuts to that and I've been subtitling for more than 10 years now and while we do get last minute dialogue changes, we never get such big edits like this one would be.

God. Damnit.

But thank you for the info, friend.

Leeness

So I just took a look at the last episode again and from my point of view it's very much clear they wanted the season to end with a cliffhanger. Because the last scene goes like this: Negan basically counts down with Lucille pointing towards one of Rick's gang and as he ends the camera switches into the 1st person view of the chosen person and we see how his vision gets more foggy and Negan says: "Look at that. Taking it like a champ. Damn!" Screen fades to black and we hear desperate/horrified screams of the others ... I am not really optimistic they're going to make last minute cuts to that and I've been subtitling for more than 10 years now and while we do get last minute dialogue changes, we never get such big edits like this one would be.

Whhhhyyyyyyyyyy 😩

fauxtrot

Banned
Maybe the Simpsons will do another two-parter to spoof this (ala Who Shot Mr Burns), only this time it'll be as shitty as the episode it's spoofing.

Greecian-

This makes me sad :(

please no....

BMSL4bw.gif

Jacob4815

So.. game over.
Fuck you AMC.

Spizz

Banned
Lmao, they literally have to try harder to botch that scene than to make it good. Like holy shit AMC and everyone else what are you doing?

Those idiots.

statuez

Banned
amc cares about only one thing: viewership ratings. having it end as a cliffhanger all but ensures people will come back during the next season premiere.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
can we just like, internet picket all the creators twitters and youtube pages until they understand we're onto their game. this is dumb. seriously, seriously, seriously fucking dumb.

dustyherb

can we just like, internet picket all the creators twitters and youtube pages until they understand we're onto their game. this is dumb. seriously, seriously, seriously fucking dumb.
They have to know at this point how pissed people are. These leaks have spread like wildfire the last 48 hours and the reactions haven't been good. Everyone on the big walking dead spoiler sites are complaining just as much. AMC is never going to hear the end of this if the scene ends in a pov cliffhanger.

As I posted, book it:
Yep I can see it being an AMC executive decision. They're thinking of all the buzz and "social conversation" that it will generate between the finale and the premiere.

Can't you just see Hardwick being like "TWEET HASHTAG #WHOGOTLUCILLED TO JOIN THE CONVERSATION AND SHARE WHO YOU THINK WOULD BE THE BIGGEST LOSS TO THE GROUP!"?

Christ, I can even see the In Memoriam segment on Talking Dead having a big question mark for whoever got their brains beat in.

Someone earlier compared this to having the Red Wedding from Game of Thrones end on a cliffhanger, and I think that's a perfect comparison. I can't imagine how furious I would be if I waited YEARS for the TV adaptation to reach the most famous part of the books and have it be mishandled horribly.

By the sounds of it, it seems like a cliffhanger would ruin the shock, surprise, and horror from the comic. Basically everything that made it memorable.

I honestly can't believe they're going to fuck up this moment so badly. I'm positive it's going to happen now, but I just can't even begin to understand it. This is the most iconic moment of the series thus far, and they're going to throw it away because why not? Remarkable. Before this recent confirmation on GAF I was pretty sure Aaron was just there to take Heath's role as the Alexandrian in the line-up, but I think I could see him getting whacked now. The writers of this show need to get their shit together because they're effectively ruining the source material now.

I honestly can't believe they're going to fuck up this moment so badly.
I can. They have been doing it all season so it's no surprise they are going to do it again.

First, the insulting garbage (pun intended) of the Glenn fakeout. They took his fucking name out of the credits to add to the "Is he dead?!?" meta conversation and then made us wait a full month before telling us what we already knew.

Then the midseason finale. Everything has been building up to this tense moment and then BAM ends with a literal whimper. Wait 2.5 months to see what should have been the actual midseason finale where we see that dumb family get eaten and Carl get shot. Would have wrapped up the arc of the half-season nicely and allowed for a natural time jump. But no, gotta keep people wondering.

How many times has this show actually stuck the landing and how many times have they dragged things out past their natural end? They screw it up more than they get it right. Wish Talking Dead was more than just a fluff piece because I want to see someone take Gimple to task for this.

Fracas

#fuckonami
I haven't watched any of this season (though I've read this thread and have a general idea of what's going on).

Looks like I might have made the right choice. AMC killing what could have been something special.

someday

Banned
It won't make any difference but I actually did tweet the walking dead amc, robert kirkman, and gimple saying that I really hope the cliffhanger rumors are wrong. I also said it would really suck if they were true. I know it's useless but I just had to express how awful the mere idea of this is lol.

It won't make any difference but I actually did tweet the walking dead amc, robert kirkman, and gimple saying that I really hope the cliffhanger rumors are wrong. I also said it would really suck if they were true. I know it's useless but I just had to express how awful the mere idea of this is lol.

I need to send them a tweet but telling them that I was hoping Negan was actually the ghost of T Dog

Laz-E-Boy

Whelp, I'm glad my willpower broke and I clicked this thread again because this is a hell of a fuckup if it's true

Yep, if I went in blind I would have been monumentally disappointed to witness this crap.

Still hoping against everything that it doesn't end in a cliffhanger, cuz if it does I think I'm done with the show.

Top Bottom