• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*SPOILERS* The Walking Dead TV show, leaks, and comic book SPOILER discussion thread

Moofers

imagine if the victim is Abe, poor Sasha xd
Which is why it should be fucking GLENN. He is going to be a father, Maggie would be crushed to have that child and no father there. It sets up a great angle where Maggie resents Rick over the whole thing.

So, how likely will we see the opening of the next season showing Negan going to town on [character] if this POV cliffhanger is the hand we're dealt?

To me, it's going to be between:

• Glenn, with how how much focus we've had with him and Maggie. There are also a lot of relationships cropping up that sort of takes the wind out of their staple in the show. I also want all of those plot-armor moments to amount to something worthwhile. It would also give Maggie and Carol some great interactions if the latter somehow makes it out of this season, in having to essentially raise a child alone since Rick has the best babysitters in the world to be qualified for that guiding role.
  • Daryl, whose purpose on the show is currently reduced to revenge on Dwight.
  • Abraham, if Daryl is chosen to remain as Rick's lieutenant and they want Sasha to be a miserable, unlikeable character again.

Aaron could be still in the running, but killing another partner in the only other established LGBT relationship in the show and him being generally in the background seems like an ill-fitting choice by Kirkman and the AMC crew.

Surfinn

So, how likely will we see the opening of the next season showing Negan going to town on [character] if this POV cliffhanger is the hand we're dealt?

To me, it's going to be between:

• Glenn, with how how much focus we've had with him and Maggie. There are also a lot of relationships cropping up that sort of takes the wind out of their staple in the show. I also want all of those plot-armor moments to amount to something worthwhile. It would also give Maggie and Carol some great interactions if the latter somehow makes it out of this season, in having to essentially raise a child alone since Rick has the best babysitters in the world to be qualified for that guiding role.
  • Daryl, whose purpose on the show is currently reduced to revenge on Dwight.
  • Abraham, if Daryl is chosen to remain as Rick's lieutenant and they want Sasha to be a miserable, unlikeable character again.

Aaron could be still in the running, but killing another partner in the only other established LGBT relationship in the show and him being generally in the background seems like an ill-fitting choice by Kirkman and the AMC crew.

Aaron would be the worst choice for a multitude of reasons:

1. As you've said, another LGBT character getting murdered.
2. He's pretty much the ONLY GOOD THING to come out of Alexandria.
3. They haven't used him at all this season and would therefore feel painfully forced and awkward (oh, there's Aaron.. wait, he's dying?).
4. He's criminally unrealized and underdeveloped in this show. Fantastic character, and he could fit into Glenns role if he is the one to get it. I love this guy.

Spizz

Banned
That's why I say it's Abraham. These fuckers don't have appear to have the balls to kill off a real main character.

I would love for it to be Daryl. I need the fanboy/girl tears to feed me through this cliffhanger shitshow.
Yeah realistically I could see it being Abraham. They would pull their usual "nobody is safe" bs meanwhile Abraham is another B-tier member.

Which is why it should be fucking GLENN. He is going to be a father, Maggie would be crushed to have that child and no father there. It sets up a great angle where Maggie resents Rick over the whole thing.

Didn't they have a disagreement in the church a few weeks ago over Rick's plan of action? Because I agree, it gives her a much more substantial reason to be pissed at Rick than in the comics.

Aaron would be the worst choice for a multitude of reasons:

1. As you've said, another LGBT character getting murdered.
2. He's pretty much the ONLY GOOD THING to come out of Alexandria.
3. They haven't used him at all this season and would therefore feel painfully forced and awkward (oh, there's Aaron.. wait, he's dying?).
4. He's criminally unrealized and underdeveloped in this show. Fantastic character, and he could fit into Glenns role if he is the one to get it. I love this guy.

Well, not necessarily the only good thing out of Alexandria. Just the only Alexandrian that hasn't intentionally been a PITA at any point. Tobin and Spencer have both come around nicely, though like Aaron they do nothing more than just say a few words to get the good quotes from the main cast.

Speaking of which, where has his partner Eric been? I thought I might have saw him in the mid-season premiere, but he's been a seeming non-entity when it comes to the Alexandrian community.

If it's not Glenn I hope it's Sasha. Her character just annoys me to no end. But for some reason I keep thinking it will be Morgan.

Surfinn

Didn't they have a disagreement in the church a few weeks ago over Rick's plan of action? Because I agree, it gives her a much more substantial reason to be pissed at Rick than in the comics.

The only problem with this is that Maggie is basically willing to kill and carry out the plan to attack the saviors as much as Rick is. If they would have shown more of her hesitance, especially in the compound invasion episode, this would make a lot more sense. She seems fully invested as of now.

Well, not necessarily the only good thing out of Alexandria. Just the only Alexandrian that hasn't intentionally been a PITA at any point. Tobin and Spencer have both come around nicely, though like Aaron they do nothing more than just say a few words to get the good quotes from the main cast.

Speaking of which, where has his partner Eric been? I thought I might have saw him in the mid-season premiere, but he's been a seeming non-entity when it comes to the Alexandrian community.

Really? My GF and I totally forgot Tobin's name for the last few episodes and just referred to him as "the guy Carol's with". What development has he or Spencer had? Both often act like idiots and are totally unrelatable (Spencer hanging over the wall for no apparent reason/steals supplies, Tobin abandoning someone in trouble/who's about to die). They're a part of the weak/soulless empty shell that Alexandria was and still is, in many respects. Aaron is the only one, IMO, who even feels remotely like a person. Do we really care if Tobin or Spencer die? I don't know anyone who would even think twice if either got mauled by walkers.

Agreed, Eric has simply disappeared. They introduce both of them as an awesome couple with a real connection, then we get like one more scene with them and Eric vanishes. It's strange.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I gotta agree with Aaron being a really bad choice, if they go that way. It's a shocking scene not just because of the brutality but because it's a character who has survived for so long. Aaron has had like 15 minutes of screentime this season.

I like Abraham, but I think he would be a better choice. But it has to be one of Rick's group. The core group.

_Ryo_

You know it would do wonders to Morgan's story if say, Carol tried to kill him but he had to use the gun Rick gave him to kill her. Like, he'll try to find his damnest way to get out of it because all life is precious but when faced with the impending brutality of death he would choose life instead. All life is precious, except when it is at the expense of your own. And I say this as someone who really loves Carol as a character and I do not want her to die, but I think that such a storyline would add a lot of nuance and evolve Morgans storyline much better than if Carol just decides to kill Morgan, because, let's face it. That's too predictable.

fauxtrot

Banned
We have so many "leaked" scenarios regarding Morgan + Carol that it kinda makes me happy that I'll have at least something to look forward to in the finale outside of Negan (and the likely cliffhanger). I'm hoping we get something involving the Kingdom!

Just make Shiva a big ass dog and have Ezekiel make a joke that "people are so into the whole role-playing thing here that they tell outsiders that she's a tiger".

He was in no way out fighting off the horde of walkers. Don't think they've shown him since then.

Doubt it, he needs to be around longer so that way Rick spares Negan at the end of the war.

uhhhg, I guess I kinda forgot this is completely unmarked spoilers, I came here just to talk about the bat moment and totally forgot!

Apologies if this has already been mentioned, but there's definitely something odd going on with the finale, because its airing has been pushed back an hour later here than usual (Australia) with an extra eighteen minutes added to the run time. Considering we usually get it about an hour after it airs in America, so I'm assuming that Foxtel must be getting the episode at such a last minute that they had to push back the airing time.

dustyherb

uhhhg, I guess I kinda forgot this is completely unmarked spoilers, I came here just to talk about the bat moment and totally forgot!
Shit man I'm sorry, usually I try to tag major future spoilers just in case. Keep forgetting there's way more people in this thread then usual.

UberTag

For those of you are curious about the order of placement in the Lucille lineup, according to TWDZone.com it's...

Glenn-Rosita-Daryl-Michonne-Abraham-Maggie-Rick-Sasha-Aaron-Carl-Eugene (in that order... Negan still skips about randomly when doing his eeny meeny miny moe buildup)

For those of you are curious about the order of placement in the Lucille lineup, according to TWDZone.com it's...

Glenn-Rosita-Daryl-Michonne-Abraham-Maggie-Rick-Sasha-Aaron-Carl-Eugene (in that order... Negan still skips about randomly when doing his eeny meeny miny moe buildup)
Yup called that easily

Sorry if already clarified, but does Negan skip about the ordering or does the camera do so?

fauxtrot

Banned
From the way I've heard it described, Negan himself skips around in the order, which plays right into the fact that it'll be a cliffhanger, along with his gender neutral "damn! taking it like a champ" (which I'm paraphrasing here).

From the way I've heard it described, Negan himself skips around in the order, which plays right into the fact that it'll be a cliffhanger, along with his gender neutral "damn! taking it like a champ" (which I'm paraphrasing here).
Gimple has planned out every possible question we have had. They cut out the gender in the champ part. They cut out Maggie saying Rick do something. He also as I said Is going to do eeny meenie at random We're getting Aaron and a cliffhanger.

We're getting Aaron and a cliffhanger.

See, it would be one thing if its just the cliffhanger. I think that would really shit storytelling and totally neuter the effectiveness of Negan's introduction but I could probably deal with that.

But if Negan only kills Aaron? I like Aaron, he's basically the only interesting Alexandrian left at this point but... him? That's just completely missing the point of what made Negan's introduction so powerful. It's not just Negan brutally murdering somebody, its that who Negan should be murdering is somebody near and dear to the reader/viewer's heart.

And while I still think the show should kill Glenn, I'd take Daryl or Michonne or Maggie or any of the other mainstay cast members that's been around since the first couple seasons and has had some character development.

A cliffhanger I can reluctantly deal with. The show not killing off a main cast member will make me give up on the show, as that'll basically be the show botching the 2 most iconic moments from the comics IMO (the Governor's prison attack with Lori/Judith's death and then Negan's intro killing Glenn).

justjim89

Wait, where are people getting Aaron from? That would be the lamest fucking thing, especially how they've built it up. It has to be Daryl, Carol, or Glenn. Right? They can't pussy out on it.

Also, ending the season without revealing who it is would be so weak.

dustyherb

Lol it's not going to be Aaron, a cliffhanger is one thing but using character like that for Lucille? That would be a whole fucking new level of stupid for this show. I'll keep saying it, Aaron is there to replace Heath from the comics. An Alexandrian needs to see the brutality of Negan and it only makes sense to be him. Plus if Glenn was the one to die he could comfort Maggie since they bonded a bit back in the first half of this season.

Edit: Thinking about it more I could possibly see Aaron + someone else but if they kill Aaron who is going to be our Main Alexandrian? Heath's actor might not be around for the long run if the new 24 becomes a major thing. Tobin possibly but I can't really see it especially when the dude isn't even a fighter. And Spencer I think will share his comic characters fate. Especially after Kirkman on the talking dead said that, "Spencer has guts" when they were talking about his wire stunt.
Eric is ghost at this point so he doesn't count.

fauxtrot

Banned
Hahaha, I'd pay to see that. JDM is gonna be a beast though. If there's one thing this show does well (and there are quite a few things), it's casting. Except Chandler Riggs, and that's really no one's fault. You never know what you're gonna get with child actors when they grow up.

UberTag

Edit: Thinking about it more I could possibly see Aaron + someone else but if they kill Aaron who is going to be our Main Alexandrian? Heath's actor might not be around for the long run if the new 24 becomes a major thing. Tobin possibly but I can't really see it especially when the dude isn't even a fighter. And Spencer I think will share his comic characters fate. Especially after Kirkman on the talking dead said that, "Spencer has guts" when they were talking about his wire stunt.
Eric is ghost at this point so he doesn't count.
Olivia will outlive them all. She'll be stocking that pantry and weapons locker for the next several decades.

Wait, where are people getting Aaron from? That would be the lamest fucking thing, especially how they've built it up. It has to be Daryl, Carol, or Glenn. Right? They can't pussy out on it.

Also, ending the season without revealing who it is would be so weak.
Prop leak; hardly definitive.

Get ready for disappointment.

MBison

It's gonna be a cliffhanger. All signs point to it being one and Occams Razor and all that. after the stupidity of the Glenn dumpster dive, I have no faith in the show's ability to do big moments like this any more and going for the ultra cheap bullshit.

someday

Banned
Every time I see a new quote from anyone in the show talking about how the finale is going to "break the internet" I roll my eyes. It's like they care more about creating buzz for the show than actually making the show good. This cliffhanger crap is some bullshit especially when so much of their fanbase already knows someone is getting bludgeoned tomorrow. What's the point of this?

UberTag

Well, at least we have the outrage to look forward to tomorrow... so there's that.
Hope AMC enjoys their "buzz".

MBison

I still behind the statement that the Glenn dumpster crap was one of the worst decisions a show has ever made. What a cheap manipulation of its audience. Really shit on the show's previous meaningful deaths. A huge misstep and a shock that they're gonna duplicate their stupidity. Especially with a 6 month break.

If it's indeed a cliffhanger I hope all convention attendees shit on it.

Well, at least we have the outrage to look forward to tomorrow... so there's that.
Hope AMC enjoys their "buzz".

I'm willing to bet that this cliffhanger will have the exact effect the showrunners intended. The outrage will be limited to message boards and fan forums. It will probably generate buzz and positive impressions everywhere else.

I'm willing to bet that this cliffhanger will have the exact effect the showrunners intended. The outrage will be limited to message boards and fan forums. It will probably generate buzz and positive impressions everywhere else.

I'm confident Sepinwall is going to be outraged, and I hope the rest of the prominent TV reviewers/recappers follow suit. I really hope they get torn apart for this.

I think you just answered your own question.

*brought to you by the same showrunners that stuck Glenn under a dumpster for a month

Of course! Just like pretty much everything. We are not representative of the masses.

The Giant

Banned

Pretty much. Gaf loves to over react to things.

Top Bottom