• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sports Illustrated names Serena Williams as "Sportsperson of the Year"

Status
Not open for further replies.

oti

Banned
Serena is a living legend. Almost best female player of all time.

Steffi, will you marry me?

Lime

Oh no, not a sexy cover to distract from the athleticism
fe98c4ba4b2b3616dca4007316e3017c.jpg

Is this real? It must be fake, right?

overcast

I think that's a great choice due to her dominance for years.

Still, as a basketball fan it's hard not to say curry deserves the win here. He made the three pointer into a fucking layup.

Wow what a joke, as great as she is at tennis (my favourite sport), I really do not like Serena because she is rude, arrogant and very self centered from what I have seen, the complete opposite to the other greatest player that has ever lived (Roger) who seems to be a very polite person and a great sportsman. I think being a good sportsman should really encompass how you treat your peers in said sport.

Please, I've seen Roger whine and cry that he didn't perform his best due to an injury or some other excuse as well. Generally he's a model citizen, but he's not perfect. And believe me, arrogance/confidence in your beliefs has fueled many greats. Michael Jordan is considered one of the greatest athletes to ever live, and he's a well-documented asshole.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom