• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sportsfriends |OT| Pass, Punch, Push, Pole

KirbyKid

I got 5th in BBB at Evo.
So I'm technically 5th best in the world at that game.
*cough*

Oh, shit. QWOP 3D is in this?
Man. I reeeeeally hope we got Tennnes. That is by far my favorite of all the Sportsfriends-associated games.

Not QWOP 3D but something that's still quite similar.

If you got 5th at EVO13 then we must have met. I was running the station with Noah.

Does anybody know if you can use Dualshock 3s and Move controllers simultaneously for Joust on the PS3?

Yes. You can combine the DS3 and move for the PS3 version.

aro52

How essential is the Move thing for JS Joust? (On PS4 here.)

Not at all. Works just fine with DualShock 4. In fact, since the other 3 games are played exclusively with DS4, I probably will never use Move for Joust, since it'd require turning off all DS4s, turning on the Moves, picking profiles for the Moves, and then reverse that process to go back to DS4s.

From the main menu:

Get on Top - Up, Right, Down, Left, Up, Right, Down, Left, X
Weird Pong-type game - Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, X

McFadge

Managed to play through the games 4-player tonight and they're much better with more people! Pole Riders is a lot harder though; the physics are really different and it's much more difficult to vault. Hokra is a blast and may be my favourite now!

ultron87

Can someone explain to me the Get On Top controls? Through a lot of experimentation I can do some silly flip moves now but I don't know why.

nampad

How do you mix DS4 and Moves for Johann Sebastian Joust? Couldn't get the DS4 to activate, only my Move controllers were registered with the game.

Dwayne

In Super Pole Riders, If you vault yourself over the wall in Princeton you unlock a special Rainbow Highway level in super pole riders. The trick to do it: have the 1st player in the corner, facing the middle, with their pole running horizontally. Have the 2nd player hold their pole straight upwards, and stand on the end of 1st player's pole. Have the 1st player lift the pole. The 2nd player has to attempt to place the end of their pole on the top of the wall and vault over :) There's a trophy if you complete a game on the Rainbow Highway level.

Chairhome

In Super Pole Riders, If you vault yourself over the wall in Princeton you unlock a special Rainbow Highway level in super pole riders. The trick to do it: have the 1st player in the corner, facing the middle, with their pole running horizontally. Have the 2nd player hold their pole straight upwards, and stand on the end of 1st player's pole. Have the 1st player lift the pole. The 2nd player has to attempt to place the end of their pole on the top of the wall and vault over :) There's a trophy if you complete a game on the Rainbow Highway level.

I love that there are secrets like this in this game.

Also, my wife got a bruise on her leg (not from me!) from Joust. Totally worth it :p

Neverfade

In the launch trailer theres a second of them playing SPR but they have these giant hammers instead of poles. How do you unlock those?

KirbyKid

Just tell me, I won't tell!

Is there any plans to patch Sportsfriends, or more specifically, update it with further content?

We're looking into updating the PS4 version with the ability to use custom music for JSJoust. So, if there are updates they'll be little things like that.

To find your way to new secret places in BaraBariBall, you must dedicate yourself to playing the objectively best level.

We're looking into updating the PS4 version with the ability to use custom music for JSJoust. So, if there are updates they'll be little things like that.

This would be amazing. JSJ is already the fan favorite with my girlfriend-- though I'm pretty sure she's a sadist and just looking for an excuse to kick and push me-- and while the PS4 is preferred, the ability to add custom music to the PS3 version makes it our favorite.

Jousting to Johnny Cash and Metallica is pretty fucking boss.

Grakl

lol you don't need a second player to do this, if you know how to move your pole correctly

either way, rainbow level is the best

Vysetron

Neo Member
Yeah, this game is probably the best multiplayer investment I've made in recent memory. My group here tends to lose interest in games fairly fast, and we're all still going strong, especially for BaraBariBall. Love that game to death, Popo 4 lyfe.

KirbyKid

That's the first level right ;_;

lol. The objectively best level can only be.... random.

Want: Option to cut off round time limits.

For Super Pole Riders and BaraBariBall?

http://www.twitch.tv/kirbykid
kirbykid broadcasting BBB on twitch atm

I'm going to try and stream some Sportsfriends every evening at about the same time. PS4 makes it pretty easy and convenient. I'll also talk about game design and take questions from the chat. Let me know if you think this idea/format interests you.

Yeah, this game is probably the best multiplayer investment I've made in recent memory. My group here tends to lose interest in games fairly fast, and we're all still going strong, especially for BaraBariBall. Love that game to death, Popo 4 lyfe.

Popo 4 lyfe.

Except when he gets wrecked by Sari and Joshi.

I feel that the game is extremely balanced. Some characters are naturally better on some levels, but other than that, pick your favorite and win!

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Got some Joust going at my party this weekend. Even in an apartment 6 player joust was still incredibly fun!

The big winner tho was super pole riders. People LOVED that game. Definitely sold people on the game itself.

Dwayne

I'm going to try and stream some Sportsfriends every evening at about the same time. PS4 makes it pretty easy and convenient. I'll also talk about game design and take questions from the chat. Let me know if you think this idea/format interests you.

Can you set archiving on? I want to show a friend pro-play.

KirbyKid

Can you set archiving on? I want to show a friend pro-play.

That's a good long video with lots of examples:

http://www.twitch.tv/kirbykid/b/529432701

I got the whale level, is there another? Can't say it's my favourite, too easy to recover jumps with the low platform.

The Whale level is weird. I'm still figuring out how to pressure people inside the whale by forcing them to jump tech off the top of the water over and over. While the top is great for long range volley strategies the bottom is better for keeping all the action concentrated.

My friends went nuts over Hokra and Super Pole Riders this weekend. But Joust was an absolute blast with 4 or 7 people. I had the PS4 on one tv and the PS3 on another and we just went nuts with Sportsfriends all night, sooo much fun.

Hokra (green/red square thing), if someone got in a goal, there was no way to make them lose the ball. They just sat there until the square filled up and game over.

What am I missing here?

Top Bottom