• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sportsfriends |OT| Pass, Punch, Push, Pole

You run into them to steal it. Hitting the button dashes at them.
Nothing happened. The one with four corner goals they just sit on the edge of the screen and stand still you can't get the ball off them. Tried moving on top/past them. Tried holding x then moving into/onto/past them. Tapped x repeatedly while moving onto/top/past them. They just hold the ball until the goal fills up and scores.

KirbyKid

Nothing happened. The one with four corner goals they just sit on the edge of the screen and stand still you can't get the ball off them. Tried moving on top/past them. Tried holding x then moving into/onto/past them. Tapped x repeatedly while moving onto/top/past them. They just hold the ball until the goal fills up and scores.

Are you sure the two players in this scenario weren't on the same team? Maybe their colors looked similar? You can't steal the ball from your teammate or crash into him/her. I'm thinking maybe you tried out the game without 4 players and got a bit confused?

Are you sure the two players in this scenario weren't on the same team? Maybe their colors looked similar? You can't steal the ball from your teammate or crash into him/her. I'm thinking maybe you tried out the game without 4 players and got a bit confused?
Four players. Everyone just piling up on the guy. Everyone taking turns piling on the guy. If they're in a goal area, the ball can't be stolen.

I might go over and play it today. So just to be sure. You can
-just walk over the person and get the ball?
-dash into the person and get the ball?

KirbyKid

I might go over and play it today. So just to be sure. You can
-just walk over the person and get the ball?
-dash into the person and get the ball?

Yes. Keep in mind that the slower moving player will get stunned. If you're holding the ball you should be the slowest moving player.

Celegus

Is there a way to buy this as a gift? Want to get it for my brother, but it's a little awkward to give him a PSN card and instructions on what to buy. Is there a way to buy a code on my PS3 but not redeem it and give it to him?

KirbyKid

Is there a way to buy this as a gift? Want to get it for my brother, but it's a little awkward to give him a PSN card and instructions on what to buy. Is there a way to buy a code on my PS3 but not redeem it and give it to him?

Someone else had this question, and I'm afraid there's no great solution. If you have their psn log in information, you can log in and purchase it from your machine.

Celegus

Someone else had this question, and I'm afraid there's no great solution. If you have their psn log in information, you can log in and purchase it from your machine.

Nope, I don't. That's unfortunate. A shockingly absent feature on PSN - I could even gift stuff on the Wii shop.

Dragon

Banned

Yeah it's dumb. It's not even up on the Amazon Playstation Store either or I'd say you could do that and just send him a code. It sucks.

KirbyKid

Won't I break my DS4 by playing Joust? Serious question...

I cringe when I see people online slapping DS4s out of people's hands.

1) Shake the person. Don't aim/slap the controller.

2) Get a decent grip on the controller.

3) Play on carpet / grass.

4) Make up other house rules as necessary to preserve your investment. This gen has just started.

wilflare

sorry to bump this.
but two questions
(1) how to I set up a second move controller player on the PS4? (is creating a Guest account the only way?)
(2) I bought the PS4 version... not knowing that buying the PS3 version will get me both PS3 and PS4... what should I do?

OnPoint

Can you not mix and match DS4 and Move controllers in Joust? I had everything all signed in and linked up, but then Joust wouldn't recognize the DS4s and the Move controllers together. If so, that sucks.

wilflare

Can you not mix and match DS4 and Move controllers in Joust? I had everything all signed in and linked up, but then Joust wouldn't recognize the DS4s and the Move controllers together. If so, that sucks.

you need to enable DS4 support in settings.
each additional Controller needs it's own guest account.

OnPoint

you need to enable DS4 support in settings.
each additional Controller needs it's own guest account.

Ahh in the settings... god damn it. I signed everything into the guest accounts, but the settings menu was what I was missing. Good to know for next time, thanks.

Blanquito

Sorry if this has been answered, but I'm new to the PS4 and didn't have a console last gen, so bear with me:

My friend owns sportsfriends. If he comes to my house, and logs into his account, then he will be able to download the game on my console, right? And if that's true, all of my friends will be able to play it as long as he is logged in, right? I think?

Top Bottom