• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2011 Anime Thread of ZAWA ZAWA, Money, emo Cyclops, and fun^10xint^40=Ir2

Status
Not open for further replies.

zeroshiki

firehawk12 said:
Wow, you're not kidding. Chinese AND Korean adaptations!
Kind of need to check it out.

And they were all massive, massive hits.

The Japanese Live Action spawned 2 series and a movie.

Dresden

InfiniteNine said:
How is that supposed to cheer him up?
Suffering hardens the soul and clears the mind.

KOxPwl.jpg

jman2050

Dresden said:
Let me cheer you up, man.

Wandering Son won't sell 5% of what IS sold in the first week.

The only thing keeping me sane right now is the assurance that Madoka will go on to destroy IS in sales. And all will be right with the world.

Speaking of which, I really do love Madoka Magica, but Uchip's spiel on CCS last page was pure crazy talk. Not even me and my monocle can mess with the OG stuff.

zeroshiki

Branduil said:
The thing that confuses me is where these loser otaku get the money to buy all this junk.

Their enabler parents.

Also, otaku are not all hikikomori. Most of them are productive members of society with normal jobs. They just have weird hobbies.

Uchip

Banned
jman2050 said:
The only thing keeping me sane right now is the assurance that Madoka will go on to destroy IS in sales. And all will be right with the world.

Speaking of which, I really do love Madoka Magica, but Uchip's spiel on CCS last page was pure crazy talk. Not even me and my monocle can mess with the OG stuff.

hey
im going through anime withdrawal syndrome
have pity on me

firehawk12

Subete no aware
jman2050 said:

That's not really any better. Although I suppose Shaft panderbait is almost impossible to reproduce. Unless there are Bakemono clones in-coming...

zeroshiki said:
And they were all massive, massive hits.

The Japanese Live Action spawned 2 series and a movie.
Shoujo anime is best anime!

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
The thing that wounds me the most about Infinite Stratos' sales is that it still sold more units than Sin and Punishment 2 did in Japan. :(

zeroshiki

jman2050 said:
So basically the opposite of American otaku?

They don't really act out in public and the only way you ever find out that they're otaku is if you get into an extended conversation with them and/or see them in Akihabara. The otaku stigma is kinda big.

Solune

zeroshiki said:
lol, I'm sure Uchip got the idea. The last page has been a massive pileon on the dude.
Yah... I hit quote and was training in MvC3 at the same time, then when i came back to finish my reply i realized the thread exploded after i submitted :lol.
Geneijin said:
More Natsuki and Shizuru fanservice <3
You're a man of good taste Geneijin, I'll give the show that =p.
firehawk12 said:
Wow, you're not kidding. Chinese AND Korean adaptations!
Kind of need to check it out.
Meteor Garden is like twice as long as HYD's live action adaptation. Those Chinese know how to milk dat popularity.

Branduil

zeroshiki said:
They don't really act out in public and the only way you ever find out that they're otaku is if you get into an extended conversation with them and/or see them in Akihabara. The otaku stigma is kinda big.
Well they deserve it for buying crap.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Lies and untruths. Eden taught me that the otaku/NEET/hikkikomori populace of Japan are completely useless and need to start doing stuff with their lives if Japan is going to reverse its slow but steady death.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Solune said:
Meteor Garden is like twice as long as HYD's live action adaptation. Those Chinese know how to milk dat popularity.
That's what happens when your culture is a mishmash of American and Japanese culture. :lol

Halycon said:
Lies and untruths. Eden taught me that the otaku/NEET/hikkikomori populace of japan are completely useless and need to start doing stuff with their lives if Japan is going to reverse it's slow but steady death.
Society also needs to respect them!

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Uchip said:
its hardly grimdark
its just got a thick atmosphere (mostly due to the music and background choices)
have you even seen sakura lately? its like the definition of silly uguu animu with over the top transformations and underage romance.
I liked it when it first aired, but how long ago was that?

Every post I've seen from you convinces me more and more that you don't deserve Chopper.

zeroshiki

Solune said:

HYD had 2 seasons totalling 20 eps. The Korean one had, like, 25 eps. Meteor Garden (both seasons) had 50+ eps. Taiwan wins.

Uchip

Banned
Solune said:
LOL, I am sorry but you said you Like Mai-Otome over Mai-Hime and you're claiming this? just wow. My brain is certainly riddled beyond comprehension

i didnt say otome was better
i just enjoyed it more for some reason

Geneijin

InfiniteNine said:
Chaos;Head makes it seem like reselling MMO Gold/currency for real money very profitable.
It really is. Anyone who has played an MMO somewhat extensively can preach you a tale of riches.

Hell, I have a story myself...

Steroyd

Solune said:
Shit is going to hit the fan when they do Switch's backstory.

Doubt they'll do that, no point doing one and not the others but if they do that they won't be able to fit it all in if it's a 12 ep series and it'd end up not being Sket Dance.

Yui is entertaining but I can't say I like her. She's too dumb!

Ritsu > Mugi > Sawako > Mio > Yui > Ton-chan > azuwho

Ritsu doesn't function as well unless she's teamed up with Yui,

you have got to be trolling

As much as I'm on the Madoka defence force, I think CCS is more fun to watch.

have you even seen sakura lately? its like the definition of silly uguu animu with over the top transformations and underage romance.

I'm currently watching it NOW and it doesn't have these things... well if you put Sakura's parents in the underage banner.

mAcOdIn

icarus-daedelus said:
...You have the excuse of being old, I'm already broken and bitter at the ripe young age of 20. What kind of horrors do I have to look forward to at 31, I wonder?
What the heck is this? 31's not old! I'm still young I tell you.

You better be careful with how you feel about 30 or you'll end up being crushed once you reach it.

But any ways, a little secret, there's no difference between the 20s and 30s. None. You still get up and go to work and do all the same stuff you did in your 20s you're just now in your 30s. Pretty uneventful. So what kind of horrors await you at 30? The same kind of horrors that await you tomorrow. Now I suppose the 40s or 50s are where things start really getting different, then you are physically older outwardly and you'll probably start to cry a little every time you check your retirement account.

Geneijin

Solune said:
You're a man of good taste Geneijin, I'll give the show that =p.
:lol

It was more of a response to Hime having too much fanservice when Otome gave even more Natsuki x Shizuru service than Hime among other things.

jman2050

CCS is the old wise successful-at-life grandfather who's continually pissed off that most of his children and grandchildren ended up useless gutted failures.

You'll have kids like Madoka Magica who end up being pretty successful in their own right but will never truly live up to the family name.

Haly

When you consider time investment it's really not that profitable. Let's say you level a Hunter to 85 with the intention of selling it. IIRC it's about 4 days played to 60, 3 days played to 70, another 3 days to 80, and then 2-3 days to 85, more or less depending on how much other stuff you do in between. That's a total of 13 days played, or 312 hours. Assuming minimum wage, you'd have to sell your character for $2496 just to break even.

Here's an example of a power leveling service (http://www.wowctmlvling.com/world-of-warcraft-us-powerleveling.html):
1.Full 1-85 Quests Done
2.First Aid to 525
3.Riding for light Master's License
4.Free 15000G
5.300 Riding skill + Epic Flying Mount + Epic Mount
Price($): 89.99 Time: 9 days
Their Chinese gold farmers can do it in 4 days less and for only $90. Think about how much money they're making per hour: $0.41. And when you consider that the guys doing this are getting paid a smidgen of that, well, it doesn't really seem very profitable at all.

Uchip

Banned
jman2050 said:
CCS is the old wise successful-at-life grandfather who's continually pissed off that most of his children and grandchildren ended up useless gutted failures.

You'll have kids like Madoka Magica who end up being pretty successful in their own right but will never truly live up to the family name.

more like the grandfather that you respect, but hes kind of senile now

Dresden

Halycon said:
When you consider time investment it's really not that profitable. Let's say you level a Hunter to 85 with the intention of selling it. IIRC it's about 4 days played to 60, 3 days played to 70, another 3 days to 80, and then 2-3 days to 85, more or less depending on how much other stuff you do in between. That's a total of 13 days played, or 312 hours. Assuming minimum wage, you'd have to sell your character for $2496 just to break even.

Here's an example of a power leveling service (http://www.wowctmlvling.com/world-of-warcraft-us-powerleveling.html):

Their Chinese gold farmers can do it in 4 days less and for only $90. Think about how much money they're making per hour: $0.41. And when you consider that the guys doing this are getting paid a smidgen of that, well, it doesn't really seem very profitable at all.
I always figured they just mass-botted. Even if a couple get caught and banned they'll net enough 85's to keep the services going. Each farmer monitoring ten, fifteen accounts a shift.

Uchip

Banned
zeroshiki said:
Keep digging, Uchip.

I would have thought you'd give it up but alas.

just so you know
i grew out of the anime humor tropes a LONG time ago
if an anime contains chibi mode, sweat drops etc chances are i cant stand watching it

jman2050

Uchip said:
more like the grandfather that you respect, but hes kind of senile now

I see Uchip really decided to ignore the small fry and go up against the truly powerful.

A suicidal attempt for sure, but you can't blame the man for trying.

zeroshiki

Geneijin said:
Lies. Just be prepared to defend your opinions. There is nothing sacred.

I think anything well regarded and 10+ yrs old is a sacred cow.

I haven't seen anyone slag Cowboy Bebop or RK for example.

zeroshiki

jman2050 said:
I see Uchip really decided to ignore the small fry and go up against the truly powerful.

A suicidal attempt for sure, but you can't blame the man for trying.

This is like in Chrono Trigger when you first get to the End of Time and go straight to the bucket.

Haly

Dresden said:
I always figured they just mass-botted. Even if a couple get caught and banned they'll net enough 85's to keep the services going. Each farmer monitoring ten, fifteen accounts a shift.
Mass botting depends on the game and how stringent the bot detection is. I know that WoW has pretty good bot detection, and the playerbase hates bots and will report any suspicious activity with gusto. What you described probably works for other games though, like, say, Ragnarok Online.

zeroshiki

Dresden said:
No, if Uchip was suicidal he'd wage war against utena-gaf.

CCS-gaf is kinda vicious too. Utena-gaf has Hitokage though.

If he were truly suicidal, he'd try and attract duckroll's attention somehow. Try and insult X-Men maybe?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom