• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2011 Anime Thread of ZAWA ZAWA, Money, emo Cyclops, and fun^10xint^40=Ir2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Geneijin said:
Lies. Just be prepared to defend your opinions. There is nothing sacred.

Cowboy Bebop? Princess Mononoke?

zeroshiki said:
CCS-gaf is kinda vicious too. Utena-gaf has Hitokage though.

If he were truly suicidal, he'd try and attract duckroll's attention somehow. Try and insult X-Men maybe?

I've said it before, X-Men's only saving grace is Storm's attributes.

jman2050

Dresden said:
No, if Uchip was suicidal he'd wage war against utena-gaf.

Unstoppable forces:

Utena-gaf
CCS-gaf
Tutu-gaf
UY-gaf
HnK-gaf
Bebop-gaf

Tell me what I'm missing.

EDIT - forgot the most obvious one.

Uchip

Banned
zeroshiki said:
CCS-gaf is kinda vicious too. Utena-gaf has Hitokage though.

If he were truly suicidal, he'd try and attract duckroll's attention somehow. Try and insult X-Men maybe?

Nah i like duckroll and his cake planets

zeroshiki

jman2050 said:
Unstoppable forces:

Utena-gaf
CCS-gaf
Tutu-gaf
UY-gaf
HnK-gaf
Bebop-gaf

Ghibli-gaf would probably tear you a new ass if you dared go against Miyazaki.

iavi

jman2050 said:
Unstoppable forces:

Utena-gaf
CCS-gaf
Tutu-gaf
UY-gaf
HnK-gaf
Bebop-gaf

Nah, if you're thinking K-ON-GAF, their defenses are kinda weak, seemingly. It's a hard property to defend.

jman2050 said:
Unstoppable forces:

Utena-gaf
CCS-gaf
Tutu-gaf
UY-gaf
HnK-gaf
Bebop-gaf

Nah, HnK-gaf are cool guys. Doesn't really bother them when someone dislikes it.

jman2050

Miri said:
Nah, if you're thinking K-ON-GAF, their defenses are kinda weak, seemingly. It's a hard property to defend.

No, the edit was referring to Bebop.

K-On-GAF is a paper army. Large numbers but not enough skill and finesse to defend or attack properly.

Geneijin

I sympathize more as an Air defender than part of K-On GAF, but I do realize the follies of Key anime =P

zeroshiki said:
I think anything well regarded and 10+ yrs old is a sacred cow.

I haven't seen anyone slag Cowboy Bebop or RK for example.
Oh, 10+ years old too? I thought you only meant those well regarded.

Dresden said:
No, if Uchip was suicidal he'd wage war against utena-gaf.
Now this is true.

cosmicblizzard said:
Is that better or worse than insulting Mushishi/Baccano/Monster/Dennou Coil?
It pains me that you did, but I can understand if it's not for you. Still, it hurts man.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
zeroshiki said:
Ghibli-gaf would probably tear you a new ass if you dared go against Miyazaki.

Howl's Moving Castle had some great animation, but I found the romance subplot detrimental to the experience. It is too sudden and undeveloped.

Geneijin said:
It pains me that you did, but I can understand if it's not for you. Still, it hurts man.

And that's why you're rank C *hugs*

At least I watched a good majority of all those unlike the close minded monocle people and certain shows recommended for them.
JK, love you guys too.

Dresden

Regulus Tera said:
Howl's Moving Castle had some great animation, but I found the romance subplot detrimental to the experience. It is too sudden and undeveloped.
Eh, attacking HMC isn't that effective since almost no one loves it.

I really do dislike Laputa though.

cosmicblizzard said:
Fuck, I need this now.

Is that better or worse than insulting Mushishi/Baccano/Monster/Dennou Coil?
Worse since Mushishi/Baccano/Monster/Dennou Coil-gaf know you're already dead. Utena-gaf will make sure there is nothing left to bury.

jman2050

trejo said:
Maybe I should watch CCS at some point...

Fun exercise: Watch through all or most of CCS then without rest immediately watch the Cardcaptors dub.

The mood whiplash will make your neck snap.

Dresden

KuwabaraTheMan said:
But Laputa is awesome. It has such a grand sense of adventure, and the characters are absolutely wonderful.
I just don't like it. As for the characters, I can't even remember their names. I love most Miyazaki movies, but Laputa just doesn't do it for me.

InfiniteNine said:
I guess I'll have to skip it since I want to remain pure maiden.
That's what wax is for, dude.

Solune

zeroshiki said:
HYD had 2 seasons totalling 20 eps. The Korean one had, like, 25 eps. Meteor Garden (both seasons) had 50+ eps. Taiwan wins.
I don't know, watching a drunk bastard yelling Banzai and committing suicide and traumatizing Domyouji was incredibly sad at the time.
now it's just insanely hilarious
Uchip said:
i didnt say otome was better
i just enjoyed it more for some reason
It's ok to like Mai-Otome more, but claiming Mai-Hime has pointless and fanservice episodes while liking Mai-Otome, doesn't that seem ironic at all... no?
Steroyd said:
Doubt they'll do that, no point doing one and not the others but if they do that they won't be able to fit it all in if it's a 12 ep series and it'd end up not being Sket Dance.
Oh so it's only scheduled for 12 episodes...? The heck. Maybe theyll put in some filler or something and return to the side story if they have another season
Geneijin said:
:lol
It was more of a response to Hime having too much fanservice when Otome gave even more Natsuki x Shizuru service than Hime among other things.
Indeed

Geneijin

Halycon said:
Their Chinese gold farmers can do it in 4 days less and for only $90. Think about how much money they're making per hour: $0.41. And when you consider that the guys doing this are getting paid a smidgen of that, well, it doesn't really seem very profitable at all.
Once you're in the high level circles of an MMO, gold selling is apparent. Who cares about farming it? You can easily sell gold as spare change while enjoying what you're playing.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
jman2050 said:
Fun exercise: Watch through all or most of CCS then without rest immediately watch the Cardcaptors dub.

I've only ever seen Cardcaptors, so going through CCS will be fun. Might start sometime tomorrow.

jman2050 said:

Don't even suggest that to someone. The dub has destroyed more minds than even the wait for Madoka has.

trejo

jman2050 said:

Why's that? The one we got over here seemed pretty good, judging by what little I saw of it.

Sakura was played by the same girl who played Blossom of PPG. She has a lovely voice.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Hrm. Random randomness. Is Mari Iijima the only person to have performed the same role (Minmay in Macross) in both Japanese and English?

Solune said:
Oh so it's only scheduled for 12 episodes...? The heck. Maybe theyll put in some filler or something and return to the side story if they have another season

I'm pretty sure we don't know how many episodes it will be at this point.

Dresden

I used to watch Cardcaptors before TKD practice. :3 Makes me nostalgic.

Blew my mind when I found out that it was actually CCS in high school, though, and I picked up the manga then.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Stop making fun of my childhood. Next thing you know you're all going to pile on Pokemon Theme.

jman2050

InfiniteNine said:
So good. I still think Ash should have hit up one of the girls in his group by now though. Misty, Dawn, brown haired girl, SOMEONE!

No! Bad InfiniteNine, bad. Go do your unspeakable things out in the yard with newer anime, don't bring that stuff to our homely childhood nostalgia.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom