• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2011 Anime Thread of ZAWA ZAWA, Money, emo Cyclops, and fun^10xint^40=Ir2

Status
Not open for further replies.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Miri said:
Ahah, I haven't heard him in a while myself. His first album is a lot of fun, but it seems like that first album was all he could write, cause everyone after it is the exact same thing.
My Mom had that Because I Got High song play for me on the radio on my 11th birthday, haha.

Uchip

Banned
surprised nobody commented on the nostromo one i posted
that and the madoka inception mashup are my current favourites

iavi

Dresden said:

Ever seen one the Studio4C's piece to a track of Utada's? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kL3PSL2yrBo It's an official thing, and I think that there were more, but I'm not actually sure. Your vid reminded me of it.

That's right! here's another one to M-flo : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpGCyOzMQcw

InfiniteNine said:
My Mom had that Because I Got High song play for me on the radio on my 11th birthday, haha.

Sounds like someone has an awesome mom. Mine absolutely hated it, haha. Would turn from it whenever it came on and all that jazz.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Someone made a really good AMV out of the Fluximation clips actually, let me find it.

Sigh I guess it got eaten up by lawyers.

trejo

Geneijin said:
You have now caused me a great headache because I can't remember a certain video similar to this, and it's completely nagging me right now.
I seem to recall it's a Linkin Park video, if it's the one I'm thinking of though I've no idea what it's called. Funny how that works.

iavi

Geneijin said:
Found it. Not the original CM but whatever!

Holy shit...

BTW, would anyone happen to know who the director was on 4c's "Global Astroliner"? That vid is quite possibly--no. it is, my favorite piece of animation ever.

trejo

Regulus Tera said:
Hey how's the Spanish dub for Trigun? I still haven't watched that show, and I'm debating whether to do subs or dubs with it.
I don't remember much of it, honestly. I'd say go with subs, though. That's how I originally watched it.

Dresden

Miri said:
Holy shit...

BTW, would anyone happen to know who the director was on 4c's "Global Astroliner"? That vid is quite possibly--no. it is, my favorite piece of animation ever.
Daisuke Nakayama I think.

Instro

Posting AMVs is a slippery slope, eventually someone will drop in a Naruto/Linkin Park mashup and then we will all feel bad.

iavi

Dresden said:
Daisuke Nakayama I think.

You're right! Fucking thanks.

The fuck is this? He hasn't actually done much outside of that. He's got an awsome--Wha?scratch that--a few awesome blogs though.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
11816_v.gif
0aNxZ.png

Geneijin

Jenga said:
a real man knows balance
Where's your moe then?

trejo said:
I seem to recall it's a Linkin Park video, if it's the one I'm thinking of though I've no idea what it's called. Funny how that works.
Wrong choice of words on my part.

I immediately felt nostalgic for something that Dresden's video reminded me of and found it shortly. It's not even similar funnily.

But man, you've got me thinking about a certain LP video too now. Funny how that works too.

iavi

Geneijin said:
Where's your moe then?

Wrong choice of words on my part.

I immediately felt nostalgic for something that Dresden's video reminded me of and found it shortly. It's not even similar funnily.

But man, you've got me thinking about a certain LP video too now. Funny how that works too.

I actually thought of it too, it's to a track off of meteora, iirc. I'll find it.

Here it is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2H4l9RpkwM

trejo

Geneijin said:
It's all funny until somebody gets hurt. Or something like that.

Miri said:
I actually thought of it too, it's to a track off of meteora, iirc. I'll find it.

Here it is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2H4l9RpkwM
Yeah, that's the one I was thinking of.

Holy shit, watching that I can feel the emo washing over me. It's not a pleasant feeling.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Branduil said:
I guess you are unfamiliar with Bee Train...
For some reason without reading the original post i thought that was jexhius you were quoting.

why

do little girls with giant eyes prance around naked for 20 minutes or something

That would be better than watching a bee-train anime.

trejo

Well, at least now that it's finally come to posting Linkin Park videos in the anime thread I can assume there's nowhere to go but up. Right?

Steroyd

KuwabaraTheMan said:
A lot of it was typical 90s stuff (death cover ups, etc), but they dumbed down the script like no other dub I can ever recall, especially with all of the terrible jokes. Most of the characters were also pretty much completely changed in terms of their personalities.

It was essentially the One Piece dub 5 years earlier. The plot loosely resembles the original, but with none of the dialogue matching anything from the original.

Not to mention the loss of the beautiful original soundtrack, replaced with some of the most generic garbage to ever grace Saturday mornings.

Damn this is just like finding out the Sailormoon I watched as a kid was a lie. :(

I now regret enjoying both.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Steroyd said:
Damn this is just like finding out the Sailormoon I watched as a kid was a lie. :(

I now regret enjoying both.
It's alright, I still enjoyed Cardcaptors. All 10 seconds of it that I remember anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom