• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2011 Anime Thread of ZAWA ZAWA, Money, emo Cyclops, and fun^10xint^40=Ir2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
zeroshiki said:
I used to search for fanfiction set during the ep26 dream, the one that's the standard romcom. Then I got Girlfriend of Steel. Yeah, be careful what you wish for and all that.

I find it hard to blame GAINAX for that when it was obvious Anno was fanwanking the non-character stuff in EVA.

Infinite Justice said:
MAKE IT STOP!!!!!!!

I know
I know I've let you down
I've been a fool to myself
I thought that I could live for no one else

zeroshiki

Halycon said:
To be honest I followed a role playing livejournal community for a few years. It was more or less group fanfiction.

If you can actually guess which one it is you get a cookie and endless shame.

Gundam Wing?

trejo

Regulus Tera said:
But those used to be the exception, not the rule.

Regulus Tera said:
It's probably just that the voice actors from back then found a better-paying job and got replaced by twats. Which, looking at current Mexican tv actors, wouldn't surprise me.
It was indeed because of money, actually. The company in charge of the new dub wanted to pay them the exact same wages they had received for the original, more than a decade ago and would not budge about it. Of course, the actors told them to fuck off and rightly so. Still a damn shame.

Regulus Tera said:
I still maintain that the Mexican DBZ dub is superior to the Japanese one.
I'm inclined to agree with you. It's just that good.

Regulus Tera said:
But did it have real metal and blood and partial nudity?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
zeroshiki said:
Gundam Wing?
It was multifandom.

Strangly enough it was sorely lacking in Gundam Wing characters.

iavi

Dresden said:
Good job, you dodged the bullet.

No. I took a few and miraculously survived. Do you have any what reading about romance on planet mobious does to a kid?... kidding, nothing, really. I was kind of into then. The only reason that I didn't continue any further with fan fiction, or *gulps* attempt to write some myself, was because I forgot that the concept even existed until recently. And now I'd much rather create my own set of characters, than conjure up romantically awkward scenarios for someone else's, lol.

Haly

zeroshiki said:
Takahashi stuff? o_O
Far broader, there were no limits the what characters were in it. Anime, movies, books, etc.

Geneijin

Halycon said:
I did get into AMVs for a bit until I realized everything that's not Hold Me Now, a Blanco AMV, or a Koopiskeva AMV was probably not worth watching.
I realized that too late. It became my source of music before MTV, so you could say it influenced my taste in music. And what anime to watch which accompanied each video to a lesser degree.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZO30DX1TrQ

Man, the internet is keeping these old relics alive. Amazed really.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Dresden said:
When I was thirteen I read Evangelion fanfiction.

The age of 13 was my first exposure to doujin and anime fanfiction (both of the hentai variety).>_>

Haly

I remember typing random sentences into Netscape to see if they worked. The obvious ones did like nintendo.com and pokemon.com. A lot of others didn't.

I don't think I even knew about search engine until much later.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Lafiel said:
The age of 13 was my first exposure to doujin and anime fanfiction (both of the hentai variety).>_>
neogaf24.jpg

kimochi warui

Articalys

Geneijin said:
I realized that too late. It became my source of music before MTV, so you could say it influenced my taste in music. And what anime to watch which accompanied each video to a lesser degree.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZO30DX1TrQ

Man, the internet is keeping these old relics alive. Amazed really.
Euphoria is actually still both the number-one rated and favorited video of all time on animemusicvideos.org, despite being released in 2003.

Dresden said:
The last few pages are giving me a pretty sick nostalgia kick.

I imagine they'll be giving the mods a headache. This thread really shouldn't be moving so fast, at least not when we're on this subject.

Haly

Branduil said:
I thought guns were banned in Japan.
Yeah I don't know either. Maybe Takahashi watched too many American cartoons.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Uchip said:
as far as i know that literally translates to feeling bad
man japanese is strange

Welcome to 1997?

trejo said:
That one is absolute shit and you know it. I love it to death, of course. But I'm fully aware that's just because of the nostalgia whore in me.

To this day I still cannot figure out half the shit they're saying.

Los guardianes del universo, al triunfar el mal,
sin dudarlo salen a combatir por un mundo ideal.
¡Caballeros del Zodiaco! ¡Cuando lanzan su ataque!
¡Entonando fuerte su canción! ¡La canción de los he-ro-es!

¡Caballeros del Zodiaco! Contra las fuerzas demoníacas
guardan siempre en su corazón coraje para vencer.

The sad part is that I did not use a search engine for that.

iavi

InfiniteNine said:
Oh god Afroman. Music nostalgia now.

Ahah, I haven't heard him in a while myself. His first album is a lot of fun, but it seems like that first album was all he could write, cause everyone after it is the exact same thing.

Regulus Tera said:

This is actually fucking awesome. Favorited. haven't given an AMV that honor in a long ass time.

Geneijin

Articalys said:
Euphoria is actually still both the number-one rated and favorited video of all time on animemusicvideos.org, despite being released in 2003.
Talking about relics, I haven't been there since I stopped. Tempting to enter the url

Miri said:
AMV of forever goes to this. No lie, I knew nothing of eva until I saw this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOojKBCgG9c

I'm surprised that it's even still around. Archival ability of the cloud is feelin real awesome right about now.
Evangelion along with music like Nine Inch Nails temporarily wrecked my little mind then. This was when I was learning about music, so it was a pretty trippy growing period.

Haly

I think we all know what the best AMV is but DrForester, sadly, isn't here to post it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom