• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2011 Anime Thread of ZAWA ZAWA, Money, emo Cyclops, and fun^10xint^40=Ir2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dresden

trejo said:
Well, at least now that it's finally come to posting Linkin Park videos in the anime thread I can assume there's nowhere to go but up. Right?
Animu-gaf is always ready to hit new lows. :3

Geneijin

Articalys said:
How did you both miss that gif during the focus on Glass Fleet earlier in the thread?
Also, is this seriously a line from that series?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pb8cwbsx18I
6Hinb.jpg

Articalys

Ooh, if we're just going to spam AMVs here's another one by Nostromo:
Galaxy Bounce
Probably the best AMV set to techno music from a Christian DJ you'll hear all day.
Also everyone should watch Pale Cocoon; it's by the same guy who made Time of Eve.

iavi

Articalys said:
Incidentally, Studio4C did the Breaking the Habit video too.

I wonder what we would get were they to take something on for a season. They almost seem to be piece-work exclusive, unfortunately.

Btw, Articalys, get an avy, man. I always find myself unintentionally glossing over your posts.

Articalys

Miri said:
I wonder what we would get were they to take something on for a season. They almost seem to be piece-work exclusive, unfortunately.

Bty, Articalys, get an avy, man. I always find myself unintentionally glossing over your posts.
Okay, okay, fine! I was going to wait a bit longer, but I guess I might as well get it over with.

It's even a bit relevant since I was channel-surfing earlier today and came across Gurren Lagann ep. 25 on SyFy.

Wiktor

I've seen last episode of Yumekui Merry. It wrapped everything very nicely. There’s awful lot of questions that weren't answered, but that's the nature of adapting on-going manga. I especially liked how in the end winning took combined effort of pretty much everyone included as well as huge sacrifices instead of some random power-up typical for the genre. This way I didn't feel cheated :).

The animation was a little off. Not the actual frames, but I felt like in some places there was a second or two of footage missing. But I don't care much about that, the design quality remained very high (changes of drawings to ugly bother me always much more than drops in animation quality).

Anyway, I really enjoyed this series. When I saw the promos I thought I wouldn't like it, but I was wrong. It kept it's focus tight and made my sympathize with characters. I'm also big on world building and that element was excellent in Yumekui Merry - full of details, without holes, complex and with ability to rapidly expand without seeming forces. And all that was coupled with pretty visuals and wonderful soundtrack,

JC Staff made plenty of shows of this type, but this one is by the best one. Hopefully there will be S2.

iavi

trejo said:
They're doing the new Thundercats.

I don't whether I should be interested, or upset. I've always thought that the Thundercats was the goofiest looking shit ever.

Articalys said:
Okay, okay, fine! I was going to wait a bit longer, but I guess I might as well get it over with.

Ah, much better.

trejo

Miri said:
I don't whether I should be interested, or upset. I've always thought that the Thundercats was the goofiest looking shit ever.
Looks good to me.

Miri said:
Anything + Requiem for a dream=success of epic proportions. It could be a kid on a trike and I guarantee you it would look like he was the most badass motherfucker ever.
Requiem is so played out, tho. Everyone knows Death is the Road to Awe is the new hotness.

trejo

pieatorium said:
so like 4 pages since I went to work and I feel like reading them all was a mistake
You don't like AMVs?

Steroyd said:
The sooner there's acceptance that animu-gaf is a bottomless pit and not a barrel, the better.
Hope dies last, as they say.

Geneijin

30-sai no Hoken Taiiku - 1
The joke at the end killed me. I was just thinking what the
God of Sex
said earlier when taken out of context would imply. At least they blew through that plot hole. As to what kind of series this is, there's no way this isn't a comedy unless I have a crude sense of humor.

Also, I have a terrible habit of typecasting, but still, it's funny how the capturing God is now a 30 year old virgin.

JKTrix

Uchip said:
its like the incredible hulk created his own language
It's like every post you make reveals more ignorance and gets me closer to the ignore button.

Saw a little bit of 'Softenni' in my attempt to at least try everything, and it is 'Aim for the Ace' with all the perviness of Kanokon/Lades vs Butlers.

Geneijin

JKTrix said:
Saw a little bit of 'Softenni' in my attempt to at least try everything, and it is 'Aim for the Ace' with all the perviness of Kanokon/Lades vs Butlers.
That's horrible company. I remember hearing how many eyebrows that series raised. Is it that bad?

JKTrix

Geneijin said:
That's horrible company. I remember hearing how many eyebrows that series raised. Is it that bad?
Well, I mentioned those two specifically since it's animated by the same company and shares the same basic character design style. I didn't watch it with any translation so I don't know if the writing is amazing or anything (and I was skipping through it anyway), but the animation did look kind of cheap.

It has inconsistent censoring too. Panty shots everywhere, but one scene they show them in the underwear and another they cover it up. Maybe if it's too close they decide to cover it. I dunno. I skimmed through it in under 7 minutes. It just made me want to pull out Ace wo Nerae though, that was supposed to be my big 'watch it Raw' project years ago.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
C8Ukq.jpg
ztnAb.jpg

Card Captor Sakura Episode 01:
Pretty wonderful! I couldn't get over how cute she was acting the whole time with her "Hoeee~" and fights with her brother. I remember this part from the Americian version pretty well where she opens the book and makes all the cards burst into all sorts of directions then meeting Kero. I didn't remember him sleeping on the job though so that was pretty funny. After going off to capture the newly arrived Flying card, she proves her bad ass skating skills doing a wall ride and jumping onto the back of the Flying summon. She totally brings him down and captures him like a boss using the Windy card for her first successful capture! I see getting wrapped around using her newly captured summon is breaking her protests for becoming a Card Captor down pretty quick which is pretty adorable~! Overall cute and entertaining!

wj2cG.jpg

It's true.

Uchip

Banned
InfiniteNine said:
C8Ukq.jpg
ztnAb.jpg

Card Captor Sakura Episode 01:

I also rewatched it
the anime humor is more noticable than ever D:
seriously, japanese should stick to action and drama
leave the comedy to western animators

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Uchip said:
blah blah blah blah blah blah
This is how I chose to read it.

Geneijin

A Channel - 1
A terrible moe anime. If your strongest moe character is a clumsier Tsukasa, you'll have definite problems. Doesn't help she's also voiced by the same VA who did Tsukasa's in Lucky Star. This series feels like a worse version of Lucky Star actually, minus Konata and the otaku humor among other flaws.

JKTrix said:
Well, I mentioned those two specifically since it's animated by the same company and shares the same basic character design style. I didn't watch it with any translation so I don't know if the writing is amazing or anything (and I was skipping through it anyway), but the animation did look kind of cheap.
Oh okay. That's better than an actual comparison to Ladies versus Butlers then.

It has inconsistent censoring too. Panty shots everywhere, but one scene they show them in the underwear and another they cover it up. Maybe if it's too close they decide to cover it. I dunno. I skimmed through it in under 7 minutes.
If there's a visible crease, it's censored now. That's my assumption anyway.

zeroshiki said:
Somehow I get the feeling that Uchip is some mod playing an overlong April Fool's joke on Animu-Gaf.
Impossible

http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Uhcip

7Th

Jenga said:
Kaiji and Hyouge Mono are the only anime listed I don't think I'd be disgusted with myself for watching

As far as normalfriends are concerned, there is absolutely nothing wrong with Tiger and Bunny.

Uchip

Banned
zeroshiki said:
Somehow I get the feeling that Uchip is some mod playing an overlong April Fool's joke on Animu-Gaf.

nobody has even bothered to tell me why
they just get pissy that i dont agree with them

Steroyd

Uchip said:
nobody has even bothered to tell me why
they just get pissy that i dont agree with them

Your post speaks for itself.

Uchip said:
come on
gintama is so hit and miss its crazy
at least one piece has some genuine lols

Have you seen episode 25 of Gintama?