• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2011 Anime Thread of ZAWA ZAWA, Money, emo Cyclops, and fun^10xint^40=Ir2

Status
Not open for further replies.

zeroshiki

Uchip said:
nobody has even bothered to tell me why
they just get pissy that i dont agree with them

Look, I get you have terrible taste but out and out making stupid statements like how Madoka is better than CCS and then making baseless factless claims against CCS just makes you look like an idiot.

You then try to impress with your l33t anime Japanese skills and fall flat on your face.

Of course you decide to not drop it and continue attacking CCS and then bring Gintama into the mix.

Any of this ring a bell?

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
YZuHw.jpg

Card Captor Sakura Episode 02:
Tomoyo is so awesome, double teaming with Kero to make Sakura do what she wants despite her adorable "Hoeee~"s. You keep filming those card captures and fawning over Sakura, Tomoyo.

Cwarrior

Uchip said:
I also rewatched it
the anime humor is more noticable than ever D:
seriously, japanese should stick to action and drama
leave the comedy to western animators

School_Rumble_13_-_Tenma_Cool_Confession.gif

edit: agree on a lot of anime humour are not funny at all but thats going a bit to far

one piece and school rumble are still the funniest I seen so far (haven't seen many comedy anime anyways)

NeonZ

Uchip said:
come on
gintama is so hit and miss its crazy
at least one piece has some genuine lols

I don't see the problem with misses if there are plenty of hits too. In any case... you get genuine laughts from One Piece? And then complain about anime humor in general?

One Piece's humor" character designs aside, is basically generic shounen manga humor. I guess the character designs make a difference especially lack of cliche anime faces) and might give a different atmosphere, but otherwise what you get there for comedy isn't very different at all from some other shows.

I don't see how you can enjoy One Piece's humor and say that Japanese shouldn't do comedies.

Uchip

Banned
NeonZ said:
I don't see the problem with misses if there are plenty of hits too.

In any case... you get genuine laughts from One Piece? And then complain about anime humor in general? One Piece's "humor", character designs aside, is basically generic shounen manga humor.

its generic
but its also totally insane at the same time
the characters are more unique than most shounen

lol @ zeroshiki
someone is mad

edit: post above, one piece is also hit and miss
but its also not one of my examples of a "funny" anime

Cwarrior

NeonZ said:
I don't see the problem with misses if there are plenty of hits too.

In any case... you get genuine laughts from One Piece? And then complain about anime humor in general? One Piece's "humor", character designs aside, is basically generic shounen manga humor.

have you seen an ussop fight ?

watch

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
I am in the mood for anime... What's the best current show available? (Winter and Spring '11). Remember... I hate moe. With a passion. Anything else can be acceptable.

NeonZ

Cwarrior said:
have you seen an ussop fight ?

I read the manga up to Brook's introduction and generally put it aside afterwards, to follow other series, so, yes, I saw plenty of Ussop's battles. I thought the whole Sogeking angle was funny at least initially, but otherwise I wasn't very fond of him. And his later battles focused much more on drama too, with the whole focus on how he's "normal" compared to the other crew members but still trying to fight, not so much on comedy.

duckroll

Relix said:
I am in the mood for anime... What's the best current show available? (Winter and Spring '11). Remember... I hate moe. With a passion. Anything else can be acceptable.

X-men probably. No, don't laugh.

Uchip

Banned
NeonZ said:
I read the manga up to Brook's introduction and generally put it aside afterwards, to follow other series, so, yes, I saw plenty of Ussop's battles. I thought the whole Sogeking angle was funny at least initially, but otherwise I wasn't very fond of him. And his later battles focused much more on drama too, with the whole focus on how he's "normal" compared to the other crew members but still trying to fight, not so much on comedy.

to be fair the anime handled the humor much better than the manga
cant say the same for the pacing

Jex

I wasn't really expecting to read so much heated CCS discussion either.
firehawk12 said:
21,000 copies of Infinite Stratos? WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU JAPAN!!!!
You already know the answer to that.
Halycon said:
Everytime I think to myself: "I should watch one of the new episodes and see what's good", I wind up watching Maison Ikkoku instead.
That is the danger of picking up a long, good show that is also easily digestible.

Cwarrior

NeonZ said:

there the problem, the anime has far more humor, plus its handled a lot better.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I actually have Gurren Lagann - Be A Man saved on my hard drive. If anyone wants it just ask.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
lLpxE.jpg
riQgM.jpg

Capcaptor Sakura Episode 03:
So wonderful~! Sakura fawning over the sea creatures and Tomoyo filming. So sad to see her crying out and hitting the glass for the penguin that got caught by Watery. Touya ended up saving the day so all was well. The date was fun with Tomoyo and Kero doing the spy surveillance and Kero scaring off that little kid. Yukito is surprisingly manly with that axe bursting in that door there after Watery flooded the damn place. Now time to break into the park to and capture Watery in a Jester suit! I didn't think it'd be so easily taunted into following Sakura, but that makes throwing it into a freezer for easy capture a lot easier. Another victory, and another card captured huzzah!

This is the best show ever.

Jex

Branduil said:
I don't even know what was
KuwabaraTheMan said:
Savers didn't suck at all, what are you smoking? Frontier was garbage, but Savers put the franchise back on the right track and had everything that made the first three series good while also being written towards a more mature audience.
I think you mean boobs.

Steroyd

Relix said:

Wandering Son.
nitorin-100x100.jpg

Madoka.
madoka1.jpg

Although you might regret watching Madoka because it hasn't finished yet, with no end in sight. :|

Jex

Dresden said:
It's like almost everyone here became weeaboos early on as a child.
Weirdly, I barely watched any anime growing up. All of this is lost on me.

Then again, my country has different TV channels. Hence me getting into anime very late.
Articalys said:
Now I can check off one of the most iconic series from the 90s off my list. What to move on to next... maybe I'll get around to Evangelion now. Of course then I'd have to join the wait for 3.0 like everyone else....
Well, you don't have to wait for 3.0. The series has it's own final ending, and these new movies are just a retelling.

cj_iwakura

I've been thinking about having a general Serial Experiments Lain thread, but I don't know if it should be a straight homage/giant info compilation or an avenue for discussing the plot or what.

Uchip

Banned
InfiniteNine said:
Kinda hard to make older shows widescreen when the assets are all made for 4:3.

well yeah
but i find blu ray of old shows doesnt seem that high quality either
planetes will be my first real bd purchase

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Uchip said:
well yeah
but i find blu ray of old shows doesnt seem that high quality either
planetes will be my first real bd purchase
Do your research at forums that review BD upscales then! I do and it saves me some money and prevents some bad purchases.

NeonZ

Cwarrior said:
there the problem, the anime has far more humor, plus its handled a lot better.

Uchip said:
indeed
but your choice of clips is horrible!

Alright, that might explain it. In any case, I probably won't follow the One Piece anime even if I continue with the manga. I have no problem following long series, but the pacing of most modern shounen anime adaptations just bothers me too much.

Uchip

Banned
NeonZ said:
Alright, that might explain it. In any case, I probably won't follow the One Piece anime even if I continue with the manga. I have no problem following long series, but the pacing of most modern shounen anime adaptations just bothers me too much.

at least watch the latest movie
its actually written by oda, and has a nice budget

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom