• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2011 Anime Thread of ZAWA ZAWA, Money, emo Cyclops, and fun^10xint^40=Ir2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jex

Uchip said:
older anime dont seem to support widescreen hd with blu ray
kind of disappointing
Well, you can't be disappointed that a format doesn't support something it wasn't originally created it.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
I'm pretty sure luka ordered it after I put up the amazon.co.jp listing. I was willing to buy it but unexpected problems always kill these things for me.

Jex

cj_iwakura said:
Lain's still got a devout following. There's no other show like it, and there never will be.
Even worse! That means they can charge whatever they want.

Cwarrior

Uchip said:
you seem to like similar stuff to me
my profile name is uhcip

wow are gaf members anime list this huge.

I try to avoid adding anime from my childhood like attacker you, ranma, dr slumb ,sailor moon, captain Tsubasa and city hunter cause the rose tinted glass are to strong(tryed rematching saint seyia once, destroyed my childhood).

lets compare anime list size

Uchip

Banned
Cwarrior said:
wow are gaf members anime list this huge.

I try to avoid adding anime from my childhood like attacker you, ranma, dr slumb ,sailor moon, captain Tsubasa and city hunter cause the rose tinted glass are to strong(tryed rematching saint seyia once, destroyed my childhood).

lets compare anime list size

theres gotta be like 20 shows i forgot to add
and the ratings are off

Jex

Dresden said:
OMG SOMETHING NEW

>Kampfer fur die Liebe

fuuuuuuuuuuuu where's Enma???
You get excited too early.
Halycon said:
I wish she was.
You and your pregnancy fetish.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh, and I forgot to bring up how slick that 2nd K-On!! ED is. Then again, they generally are.

Jex

zeroshiki said:
It means "I feel sick/disgusted".
Just imagine you are sleeping in your bed and a stranger sneaks into your room. He can rape you anytime as you are asleep but he doesn't. Instead, he masturbates looking at you, when you wake up and know what he did to you. What do you think you would say?
Uchip said:
unfortunately I have
the new movies are great though and i have somewhat high hopes for a better ending
Bad taste alert!

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
Uchip said:
lol
I so have that already
think i gave it a 7 or something
I don't care, I'm just giving ya a good natured ribbing :p

Oh right, forgot

Wandering Son 2
For some reason, I stopped watching after the first episode and didn't pick it back up. The first episode floored me with how impressive it was put together, and the second episode was no exception. The characters feel so organic and lovingly put together, and the pacing keeps me constantly leaning forward into the narrative. It's brilliant. Simply brilliant.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
jtVoP.jpg

Card Captor Sakura Episode 04:
Poor Sakura stuck at home doing chores when she could be out playing with Tomoyo. She'd be pretty lucky finding them Clow cards in her room if they didn't go nuts and mess up the house after she cleaned already. Didn't know how they where going to get away from Wood but Tomoyo pops by and saves the day! More costumes and cameras ahoy! Pretty easy capture overall and now Sakura has the awesome power of Rain and Wood. Hurrah!

Dresden said:
Nah, you guys just don't get excited enough. Y'all are just bitter folks, sort of like war-weary vets.
I like baked goods.

Jex

zeroshiki said:
Somehow I get the feeling that Uchip is some mod playing an overlong April Fool's joke on Animu-Gaf.
Why would any mod bother when there's no way they could outclass the crazyness that goes on in this thread naturally.

Speaking of bad taste, I thought that I'd look up the ANN votes for Glass Fleet.

Masterpiece: 5 votes
Excellent: 17 votes
Very good: 52 votes
Good: 47 votes
Decent: 33 votes
So-so: 22 votes
Not really good: 8 votes
Weak: 10 votes
Bad: 4 votes
Awful: 8 votes
Worst ever: 7 votes
Median rating: Good
Uchip said:
didnt realize id gone back in time to high school
If that were so you would be reprimanded for not using capital letters and punctuation.

Uchip

Banned
Jexhius said:
Why would any mod bother when there's no way they could outclass the crazyness that goes on in this thread naturally.

Speaking of bad taste, I thought that I'd look up the ANN votes for Glass Fleet.

Masterpiece: 5 votes
Excellent: 17 votes
Very good: 52 votes
Good: 47 votes
Decent: 33 votes
So-so: 22 votes
Not really good: 8 votes
Weak: 10 votes
Bad: 4 votes
Awful: 8 votes
Worst ever: 7 votes
Median rating: Good

If that were so you would be reprimanded for not using capital letters and punctuation.

Cool story, bro.

Steroyd

A-Channel

My my where to start.

Main tiny flat chested small person Tooru is basically Konata except she's a lesbian not an otaku.

Main bimbo Run, is basically Yui except 100x STUPIDER, how is this possible!?

Then you have girl with glasses who worries about getting fat (Azumanga Diaoh, Yomi), and the other one is a tall big boobed person who little flat chested Kona-- Tooru is jealous of. (Azumanga, Sakaki and Chiyo pairing).

And the same jokes were repeated at least 3 times in the whole episode, infact they were the only jokes reppeated throughout the whole episode, why did I bother watching this when I knew full well from the cover alone and from the first 5 seconds that this would be a poor man's Lucky Star/K-ON, well I've watched said shows all the way through call it retribution for my sins.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
jman2050 said:
Also I find some irony in the fact that a self-proclaimed unapologetic lolicon like I9 hasn't actually seen CCS yet. Go figure I guess.
I'm convinced this is the greatest anime of all time now. OF ALL TIME!

Jex

doomed1 said:
Oh well, at least it looks like there's Sky Nazis. The art design also isn't exactly what I was hoping either. The old one had this sweet Victorian utilitariansim. This is kinda lost some of that...
Is there a difference betwixt Sky Nazis and traditional Nazis? Like, philosophically? I'd always wondered.

duckroll

Man, what the fuck is with this season. X-men, Hanasaku Iroha, Dororon Enma-kun Meeramera. That's 3 shows so far which cover completely different sorts of art style, genre, and appeal, and they're ALL good shows so far. What is happening?! noitaminA hasn't even STARTED, and there are still shows which have not aired yet! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

Uchip

Banned
jman2050 said:
Also I find some irony in the fact that a self-proclaimed unapologetic lolicon like I9 hasn't actually seen CCS yet. Go figure I guess.

ah i figured
its usually lolicons that i dont get along with too well :(

Steroyd

InfiniteNine said:
I'm convinced this is the greatest anime of all time now. OF ALL TIME!

I'm going to have to ignore your posts when you get past me. :<

It's so good I'm averaging 1 episode per day or at least that's the plan.

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
Jexhius said:
Is there a difference betwixt Sky Nazis and traditional Nazis? Like, philosophically? I'd always wondered.
Not really. They're Nazis. In the sky. Kinda like Space Nazis, they're Nazis too. But from space.

Jex

Uchip said:
Cool story, bro.
I wish that I were a better story teller, but it never flows very naturally for me.
duckroll said:
Man, what the fuck is with this season. X-men, Hanasaku Iroha, Dororon Enma-kun Meeramera. That's 3 shows so far which cover completely different sorts of art style, genre, and appeal, and they're ALL good shows so far. What is happening?! noitaminA hasn't even STARTED, and there are still shows which have not aired yet! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!
Not to mention Kaiji. This seasons feels ridiculous, but watching all the training projects has probably artificially heightened that sense.

duckroll

Jexhius said:
Not to mention Kaiji. This seasons feels ridiculous, but watching all the training projects has probably artificially heightened that sense.

Kaiji is a second season to an existing show by the same team. And it's an adaptation. I don't think it really counts since it is basically what everyone expects it to be.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
It doesn't stop the pain of being Meguca fan, nothing does. Except sweet sweet Maison Ikkoku.

Steroyd

duckroll said:

Dude you havn't mentioned Kaiji.

Uchip said:
ah i figured
its usually lolicons that i dont get along with too well :(

Speaking of which when is Lotte's Toy supposed to air. :p

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
duckroll said:
Kaiji is a second season to an existing show by the same team. And it's an adaptation. I don't think it really counts since it is basically what everyone expects it to be.
It's still awesome man! Stop being racist towards adaptions/sequels!

Jex

duckroll said:
I certainly expected it go be good, but I've also had that expectation of other things which turned into disappointments with great haste.

Oh, and I liked Tiger and Bunny as well.

There's no way that all these currently airing shows will continue to be good (including those that haven't aired). There has to be some quality drop off somewhere.

Steroyd

duckroll said:

2nd seasons can still suck because it doesn't meet those expectations.

A shame Darker than Black didn't have a 2nd season.

duckroll

InfiniteNine said:
It's still awesome man! Stop being racist towards adaptions/sequels!

I'm not saying it's not. I'm just saying, it's surprising how the NEW series this season are actually good!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom