• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2011 Anime Thread of ZAWA ZAWA, Money, emo Cyclops, and fun^10xint^40=Ir2

Status
Not open for further replies.

duckroll

7Th said:
Dororon and Azazel-san are broadcasted at the typical "otaku timeslot", aren't they? They're both certainly NOT for kids.

Dororon airs on the timeslot after A-Channel, which replaced Madoka. Around 2am or something.

7Th

Sunrise's 2011:

Spring: Tiger & Bunny, Gintama
Summer: Sacred Seven
Fall: Kyoukaisen-jou no Horizon, rumored new Gundam

And they're all going to be 26 episodes or longer. DAMN.

7Th said:
Well, it makes sense that his hate for IEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSS was changed to hate for Masamune; Masamune is the one that kills Toyotomi in the anime, after all.

Damn...urge to watch the anime rising...rising.

JKTrix

duckroll said:
Have you... seen Dororon? Lol.
I was probably the first one here to see it :p I didn't know about the time slot thing for Dororon, but Dororon has a coyness to it where Azazel is just overt.

Maybe Dororon's style doesn't pass for kid-friendly today, but considering it was a remake of an old show where that kind of stuff was still kid's stuff (to an extent...), I viewed it in that light.

duckroll

7Th said:
Sunrise's 2011:

There isn't going to be a new Gundam TV series this year, you can bet your ass on it.

Cwarrior

Dororon Enma-kun ep 1

mera mera mera great catchy op no clue what it means

really well made but who's this show aimed at?
looks like a kids show but there penis sword fight

7Th said:
Sunrise's 2011:

Wasn't their gonna be a new Geass or something or was i mistaken

Jex

JKTrix said:
Maybe Dororon's style doesn't pass for kid-friendly today, but considering it was a remake of an old show where that kind of stuff was still kid's stuff (to an extent...), I viewed it in that light.
Back when Fist of the North Star was for kids.
7Th said:
Dororon and Azazel-san are broadcasted on the typical "otaku timeslot", aren't they? They're both certainly NOT for kids.
I think you meant "Not KIDS STUFF!"

JKTrix

These are from the first 3 seconds of Azazel, before any dialogue or anything.
sRN2c.jpg

NNoOX.jpg

urEO4.jpg

GuK5n.jpg

duckroll

Infinite Justice said:

There's a new Geass anime in production. But we don't know if it's a TV series or an OVA. We also don't know if it's even going to come out this year.

trejo

duckroll said:
There's a new Geass anime in production. But we don't know if it's a TV series or an OVA. We also don't know if it's even going to come out this year.
Do we know if it's gonna be Fabulous?

duckroll

trejo said:
Do we know if it's gonna be Fabulous?

It's probably going to be more serious, and more or might not have much better animation/designs than the original series. It's directed by Kazuki Akane.

7Th

Uchip said:
ive only seen the first episode of geass
lelouch seems like a dick
my name for him thus far is ledouche

I think absolutely everyone that watched the show called him Ledouche.

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
A Black Falcon said:
Slice of life parts? Such as what? I don't remember thinking that, but maybe I didn't notice or don't remember. And as for the noncombat drama, does that count the races? Because those were certainly well done.

Other than that though, I agree. Did you really understand the ending on your first time watching it and without help (looking it up online), though? I do admit I didn't. I liked the ending anyway, what I could understand of it, but I missed some aspects of it because they don't really spell things out, they make you figure them out. It does work though, and as you say the clues are there, it's just somewhat obtuse. I just don't think that that's too much of a problem, particularly compared to how good the show is all around.
It's basically every moment outside of a Vanship and battle was hit or miss. There were some decent points, but the technical stuff was really sloppy in parts. When they were fleshing out the fight between Claus and Lavie, it really became apparent. It was just off kilter and sloppily done. I've definitely seen worse and it's not the point of the show, so it doesn't really take ALL that much away from it, but it is what it is.

And yeah, I'm something of a sci-fi buff, so when they essentially described terraforming, I was like
"Oh, they're the descendants of humans who came to the planet and their world-ship just never activated its terraforming mechanism."
Or something like that. And once you got a space view of the two planets, it also made a good amount of sense. Really, the obtuseness of some of it was't my concern. They were already using Claudia Fluid as a piece of handwavium, so the little details weren't that tough to kind of shrug off.

Also, I cried a manly tear when it looked like they were having Mullin Shetland's funeral and I cheered QUITE loudly when I saw that he wasn't dead! Best character lives!

Jex

Infinite Justice said:
What have you done.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

X-Men 2: Two episodes in and the show is still good. This wouldn't be much of an accomplishment for a normal show, but considering how bad those other two...things were, this is a significant step up.

jman2050

icarus-daedelus said:
I remember when Geass aired and it seemed like the entire internet loved it save for an island of sanity at
Code:
GAF. It may still be like that, but that was around the time I stopped going to other forums, for the most part.

Nah I was around for Geass's airing and there were quite a few communities besides GAF that saw the show's entertainment value for what it was.

Jexhius said:
What have you done.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

X-Men 2: Two episodes in and the show is still good. This wouldn't be much of an accomplishment for a normal show, but considering how bad those other two...things were, this is a significant step up.

I was genuinely curious due to 7th's list

We are in the loop anyways :p

Lain

Watched the first 2 episodes of Mnemosyne and I liked them. It has a bit of everything, hot and strong female lead, blood, some action, mystery, (lesbian) sex, nipples. Based on some comments in the past I expected worse.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Lain said:
Watched the first 2 episodes of Mnemosyne and I liked them. It has a bit of everything, hot and strong female lead, blood, some action, mystery, (lesbian) sex, nipples. Based on some comments in the past I expected worse.
It's some cool mindless fun~! I bought the BDs and they actually look really good for an upscale on a digitally animated show.

duckroll

icarus-daedelus said:
Sounds like three potentially bad shows, two of which happen to be on noitaminA.

Yeah but at least Deadman Wonderland should have some sweet animation for.... the first episode!

tiff

Banned
Maria+Holic Alive 1

Would have liked more Mariya I guess, but Matsurika and God are cool too. Decent episode all around. Liked the ending.

OP was alright but nowhere near Season 1's.

InfiniteNine said:
Someone cancel A-channel so we can see the rest of Madoka already. )<

I haven't even seen it, but A-Channel is definitely the worst show of the season.

icarus-daedelus said:
Sounds like three potentially bad shows, two of which happen to be on noitaminA.

I'd rather have hope until the bitter end.

Cwarrior

JKTrix said:
These are from the first 3 seconds of Azazel, before any dialogue or anything.

urEO4.jpg

whats going in this one? her head is on the right and his on the left on top of her, but whos blur out legs are those..me so confused

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
hosannainexcelsis said:
I haven't even seen it, but A-Channel is definitely the worst show of the season.
It's actually not that bad, you just have to approach it in a different manner than the rest of everyone else here is. Probably best not to think of it as a straight up comedy, but more like a romcom. You know, with schoolgirl lesbians.

I'd rather have hope until the bitter end.
You realize you'll just end up like Sakura with an attitude like that, right? :p

duckroll

doomed1 said:
It's actually not that bad, you just have to approach it in a different manner than the rest of everyone else here is. Probably best not to think of it as a straight up comedy, but more like a romcom. You know, with schoolgirl lesbians.

I don't think anyone gives a fuck. It replaced Madoka before Madoka ended, hence it is trash and must be taken off the air so we can get the rest of Madoka! GIVE US LIBERTY OR GIVE US DEATH!

firehawk12

Subete no aware
duckroll said:
I don't think anyone gives a fuck. It replaced Madoka before Madoka ended, hence it is trash and must be taken off the air so we can get the rest of Madoka! GIVE US LIBERTY OR GIVE US DEATH!
You're assuming the episodes were finished!

Jex

tiff said:
Maria+Holic Alive 1

Would have liked more Mariya I guess, but Matsurika and God are cool too. Decent episode all around. Liked the ending.
For some reason I feel you can't be trusted.
duckroll said:
I'm okay with animated storyboards.
It's going to be a webcast divided into five parts, as per Mandoric's instructions.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
EmmanuelMunoz said:
That is disappointing since i really enjoyed the first series, especially the OP
[Kirk scream] SHAAAAAAFT!! [/Kirk scream]

A Black Falcon said:
Do you mean the last regular episode, or that silly 'puppets' or whatever comedy episode that was released later? I guess you mean the last regular episode, and yeah, it definitely had no ending... would have been very frustrating, if it had never continued. That silly followup episode certainly didn't reference the plot at all pretty much. It's fortunate that it is continuing, now all I'm wondering is whether it'll get anywhere plotwise, or be fanservice/harem-centric again...
The actual last episode that had nothing to do with the show itself. Zombie just ended with a random fanservice episode as well.

A Black Falcon said:
Fantasy novels for adults are more "grown up" than 99.9% of anime.
Fantasy novels are American light novels and ASoIaF is the Madoka of the fantasy genre!

A Black Falcon said:
Kampfer - Fur die Liebe OVA 1 - fanserviceharemantics fanserviceharemantics fanserviceharemantics end.

Unfortunately, no plot of note and no fighting. Just lots of fanservice and the other girls trying to get with Natsuru (as either gender, everyone's in love with his female form and the four girls in the harem love his male form), and because it's an OVA and not on TV they can, and do, go farther with the sexual humor. For a Kampfer fanservice episode it was decent, but hopefully the next one has some substance. I'm not expecting it really, now... permanent cliffhanger unless you read the light novels?
No, this was on TV which is why it was "out". The other episode comes out in May.

I guess Kampfer sold enough for them to do weird softcore sex humour but not enough to do an entire season.

duckroll said:
I'm okay with animated storyboards.
You should watch Maria Holic Alive.

Dresden said:
They were, it's not just SHAFT pretending they did work as they dug through dumpsters for food.
I thought people sent them ramen?

InfiniteNine said:
We know they are finished NOW. Cancel A-channel already!
I really want to know what is airing at 2 AM on MBS that they can't cancel that and air Madoka.

Because that 2 AM is when all the best shit airs!

Steroyd

doomed1 said:

Those girls don't deserve to have their eyes endowed by mami's glorius mammies.

Joe Molotov

doomed1 said:

That's my favorite kind of romcom.

Steroyd

Maria + Holic Alive - 1

lulz at the intro song.

This episode felt more like a reintroduction into the series, basically if you liked season 1, this is looking like more of the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom