• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2011 Anime Thread of ZAWA ZAWA, Money, emo Cyclops, and fun^10xint^40=Ir2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uchip

Banned
Geneijin
in case you STILL dont know which tropes im referring to
im talking about the ones taken straight out of shounen manga such as giant sweat drops, chibi mode transformations and disembodied crossed veins that represent anger.
This kind of thing in my opinion does not add to comedy, it dulls it and completely takes away from any serious moment that follows it and kills any suspension of disbelief.

Steroyd

Uchip said:
again it was just a random example from a google image search that fits the description of cartoony exaggeration which i find, more often than not, actually takes away from the comedy.
are you going to actually tell me how im being blindsighted or just continue to prove my point?

But that exaggeration doesn't take away from the comedy in that case, infact I don't think that was a comedy moment at all.

Your pulling the same "All Japaneese RPG's are the same turn based shit" that happens in the gaming side, looking at it now you've certainly toned down slightly compared to what Genejin last quoted.

see i was guessing that you would make the very basic inference that you knew what i was talking about and in that sense did not expect you to take offense.
why would you even be offended if I find western animation more consistently funny?
obviously anime is serious business if you get riled up on such trivial jest so maybe you should chill out or give your life story on why you care so much.

The problem here is what exactly do you find humourous or in the case of Anime not humourous, for example I think it's funny when Gintama does the static background of just the Yoruzu while breaking the 4th wall and bitching about their time slot being moved and their budget saving techniques, but so far your showing exagerated anime expressions and painting that, that's all the humour there is to anime.

Uchip said:
Geneijin
in case you STILL dont know which tropes im referring to
im talking about the ones taken straight out of shounen manga such as giant sweat drops, chibi mode transformations and disembodied crossed veins that represent anger.
This kind of thing in my opinion does not add to comedy, it dulls it and completely takes away from any serious moment that follows it and kills any suspension of disbelief.

Here we go, we're finally getting somewhere.

Uchip

Banned
Steroyd said:
Here we go, we're finally getting somewhere.

any experienced anime fan knows the exclusive brand of anime humour im talking about and i shouldn't need to detail it to satisfy your ego

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Uchip posts again
How can one person be so
Consistently wrong?

yotsuya.jpg

zeroshiki

Geneijin, Steroyd, its not worth it. We've tried. He's not interested in any meaningful discourse.

Let's all just be like I9 and enjoy CCS.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
nLCLN.jpg
mVRdi.jpg

Cardcaptor Sakura Episode 06:
Poor Sakura is terrified of ghosts and got pushed into checking out an area where there is said to be one by her friends~! Hoeee~! Everyone got pretty scared after seeing the "ghost" except for Tomoyo who saw a giant Nikuman. Upon further inspection after someone got hurt it turns out the ghost looks like Sakura's death mother. Stupid clow card playing a trick on her and almost getting her killed by walking off a cliff! Yuito captures her and saves the day though, but with the troublesome ghost still out there Sakura goes back to see if it's her mother or not! After falling again and snapping out of it Sakura gets the Illusion card. Another clow card captured and heartwarming family moments~!

Uchip

Banned
zeroshiki said:
Geneijin, Steroyd, its not worth it. We've tried. He's not interested in any meaningful discourse.

its like a man train of positive affirmation
your "meaningful discourse" consists of "you're wrong"

may hold up in kindergarten if that's your usual audience

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
X9PPQ.jpg
H3jsv.jpg

Cardcaptor Sakura Episode 07:
Sakura practicing her drawing for her class trip~! Stupid Kero drew all over it. Looks like a clow card had taken refuge in the painting of some kid's dead dad and it pissed him off. Have to team up with the little brat to get things done, but that's alright. Aside from getting sent back to the beginning of the stage a few times Sakura captured the card by using her Shadow card and reciting the incantation from a distance. Silent card acquired and the little brat is happy! Also A NEW CHALLENGER APPEARS!

Uchip

Banned
TheOddOne said:
Anime is some serious business around these parts, people getting all gangsta.

nothing to see here
just some butthurt anime nerds who cant handle other peoples opinions
they're like hyenas i tell you

7Th

duckroll said:
Meh. Blood-C will be better.

I don't doubt it.
Mitsunari just isn't the same if he doesn't scream IEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSS every three minutes.

NewFresh

firehawk12 said:
Maria Holic Alive. This is probably the worst Shaft show I've seen. Bad OP, boring direction, horrible story. Wow. I feel like I bought a set of "awesome" speakers from a guy in a parking lot and just found out I got scammed.

Maybe their animators are still working on Madoka, so they didn't try... and maybe this show will at least look better next week!

That is disappointing since i really enjoyed the first series, especially the OP

Steroyd

Uchip said:
any experienced anime fan knows the exclusive brand of anime humour im talking about and i shouldn't need to detail it to satisfy your ego

Chopper sucks, provide a detailed argument why he doesn't.

Again, you're doing that "All Japaneese RPG's are the same turn based shit" crap.

zeroshiki said:

Episode 17 here I cooooooooooooommmmmeeeeeeeeee.

Oh hey X-men ep2 is subbed!

Cool now to see if the first episode wasn't a fluke.

Lain

Lain said:
Is Dolce Triade doing the music this time too? I hope they do, I want, nay, I NEED more Hitomi Kuroishi.
Quoting myself to tell myself that Hitomi Kuroishi is indeed doing the music for it. I know which soundtrack I'll be buying next.

JKTrix

Who knew there'd be two pervy demonic comedies in the same season?

Yondemasuyo, Azazel-san (TV version, there was an OVA) is a rather bizarre 13 minute show. Aimed at adults as opposed to Dororon, its perviness comes directly from its sexual content. One brief scene has Rie Kugimiya doing the strangest erotic moans while her character is on the receiving end of some demonic lovin' just out of frame. Kugimiya haters may be pleased to know that she probably won't be a recurring character here.

I *think* it's supposed to be about a detective/private investigator man who uses demons he summons to do his spy work for him.

From Production I.G., directed by Tsutomu Mizushima.

JKTrix

duckroll said:
Not sure if serious...
Only because the pervines is about sex, and people are having sex during the course of the show. It is pretty juvenile humour. But definitely not intended for kids.

It's kind of incongruous.

7Th

Urban Scholar said:
Wat?! I'm a big fan of the most recent game. This... I need to watch, his hate for Masamune is somewhat canon in game.

Well, it makes sense that his hate for IEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSS was changed to hate for Masamune; Masamune is the one that kills Toyotomi in the anime, after all.

duckroll

JKTrix said:
Only because the pervines is about sex, and people are having sex during the course of the show. It is pretty juvenile humour. But definitely not intended for kids.

It's kind of incongruous.

Have you... seen Dororon? Lol.

7Th

Dororon and Azazel-san are broadcasted on the typical "otaku timeslot", aren't they? They're both certainly NOT for kids.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom