• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2011 Anime Thread of ZAWA ZAWA, Money, emo Cyclops, and fun^10xint^40=Ir2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Dresden said:
From what I watched of Canaan, it was just as bad as the two you listed, just prettier.
Well the difference between Canaan and Fractale is one wasn't made by a completely in-compenent director lolz.

Madoka in a week! GET HYPE GUYS!
Woo!

Also our avatars are finally back. GET HYPE!

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Inspired by Dog Days, I watched a couple episodes of Asobi ni Iku Yo... since it's basically Cats vs Dogs in spppaaaaaaaaaace.

Someone they managed to make a show with not one, but two magical girlfriends (one catgirl, one hot ass...assin). Oh, and the childhood friend is also some kind of CIA agent, so she might as well be a magical girlfriend as well.

But I figure I should ask the inevitable question. Which is better, dog girls or cat girls?

Dresden

I hope Madoka's ending is a complete trainwreck. :3 The rage should be amazing.

firehawk12 said:
But I figure I should ask the inevitable question. Which is better, dog girls or cat girls?
Cat girls, of course.

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko 1
What the fuck did I just watch? Okay, I think my main confusion is whether or not I should take this show seriously or not. Is it some bizarro bullshit with some snarky protagonist (at least he doesn't seem to have APS), or is this SERIOUS BUSINESS? Because if it's the former, I might get bored, but if it's the latter...

Well, if this is serious stuff, it means Ms. Sparkles in Moonlight is probably mentally disturbed in some way, like, literal psychological disorder, aspergers or an early onset case of schizophrenia. It would make sense as to why the family pretty much shuns her (culture and shame concerning the mentally handicapped wouldn't necessarily be out of the question), and could create a very touching story about caring for the mentally unstable, while dancing around this whole (false) alien plot, where it's ultimately just a figment of her imagination. That would make it the best show of the season... If that's it... and they pull it off well.

firehawk12 said:
Wolves obviously.
685176-holo_large.jpg

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Articalys said:
Jesus, what's up with all these shows putting "unaired episodes" onto the final DVD/BD of a series? Not to mention how they can stretch out 12 episodes across seven discs, and probably charge full price for each one. It's a pure money grab but I have no idea how well it works.

Maria Holic Alive, A Channel BDs/DVDs Add Unaired Footage
Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko BD to Add Unaired Episode
Aria the Scarlet Ammo's 7th BD/DVD to Add Unaired Episode

Hey, they gotta pimp those discs. That's where the money is anyway.

And it looks like dog girls vs cat girls is controversial. :p

zeroshiki

flawfuls said:
To be fair there aren't very many P.A. Works shows to watch. According to wiki Iroha is only their forth show they made by themeselves.

One in every four of their shows are as good as Iroha!

2 of 4 dammit. I will fight to the day I die that True Tears was great barring the crap ending.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Dresden said:
I hope Madoka's ending is a complete trainwreck. :3 The rage should be amazing.

It will be, but according to The Timeline, the 4th timeline for next week will involve Duckroll contracting with Kyubey, going back in time and making the ending good.

So we're good and shouldn't notice a thing.

jman2050

doomed1 said:
Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko 1
What the fuck did I just watch? Okay, I think my main confusion is whether or not I should take this show seriously or not. Is it some bizarro bullshit with some snarky protagonist (at least he doesn't seem to have APS), or is this SERIOUS BUSINESS? Because if it's the former, I might get bored, but if it's the latter...

The answer as always:
Shaft

Joule

firehawk12 said:
Inspired by Dog Days, I watched a couple episodes of Asobi ni Iku Yo... since it's basically Cats vs Dogs in spppaaaaaaaaaace.

Someone they managed to make a show with not one, but two magical girlfriends (one catgirl, one hot ass...assin). Oh, and the childhood friend is also some kind of CIA agent, so she might as well be a magical girlfriend as well.

There's like only one dog girl so it's not really fair.

Asobi ni Iku Yo, the surprise of that season for me.

Geneijin said:
Depends which universe we're talking about. Dogs > Cats in Dog Days.
I don't know man, can yet to be introduced dogs (Kana Asumi's character is what I'm waiting for) stand any chance against the cats who are totally awesome.

Jex

Grzi said:
Currently on episode 23 of Death Note.
Finally decided to watch it, after avoiding it for years.
It's really... not that good. It started kind of interesting, but it's becoming worse as the series is progressing.
Code Geass is so much better.
This is the best/worst statement I've read in here in weeks. Bravo!

Jex

firehawk12 said:
Although Seikon has a boy in drag, so that puts it at the top of his list I imagine. :lol
You write that as if it doesn't put it at the top of your list as well.
duckroll said:
I would say HypeGAF has succeeded beyond our wildest dreams.
There's a statement to warm my cockles.

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
Have mixed feelings about [C] after watching the first episode. While I liked the episode's cynical take on money, its effects on people, I do worry a lot of the show will be whittled down to stupid summoned monster battles, as the fight at the beginning of the show implies. Gonna have to take a wait and see approach with this show.

Didn't mind the second episode of SKET Dance. I like that it was divided into two separate assignments for the team, keeping the stories short and sweet. Also, the pacing of the jokes was unrelenting, which I kind of liked.

Geneijin

firehawk12 said:
And it looks like dog girls vs cat girls is controversial. :p
You just want Endless Eight to happen again!

Joule said:
I don't know man, can yet to be introduced dogs (Kana Asumi's character is what I'm waiting for) stand any chance against the cats who are totally awesome.
Ayana Taketatsu will beat Kuroneko by channeling Kirino. She's the current moe queen of animu.

Jex

duckroll said:
The production values are also shockingly low for a noitaminA show...
Someone hasn't seen Shiki.
duckroll said:
I think I should state for the record that I think Code Geass is clearly a bad show. I would not actually recommend it to anyone.
You'd might be surprised to find out you can't throw that statement around anywhere on the internet without a true-fan(TM) jumping down your throat. There's always lurking on some idle forum or backwater blog.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Joule said:
There's like only one dog girl so it's not really fair.

Asobi ni Iku Yo, the surprise of that season for me.
Is it actually good science fiction? I remember talk about how one of the episodes was an homage to an old American SF series but the harem hijinks seem kind of bleah.
And she represents the entire dog race!

Jexhius said:
You write that as if it doesn't put it at the top of your list as well.
Shitty crossdressers are shitty. One might even suggest that it's misogynistic or some other polysyllabic word. That's the harsh lesson that anime has taught me. :(

Hellsing321 said:
Wolves obviously.
Wolf (and Fox) ears and antlers win by default.

Geneijin said:
You just want Endless Eight to happen again!
I don't think this was part of the last thread. Hopefully dog girls vs cat girls never comes up again!

trejo

Denpa Ona 1

Well I've no way of describing it other than that was a bunch of random crazy shit yet I feel compelled to watch more for some reason. Probably because of dem legs. Ami-chan still looks good even at that age.

And was it only me who thought it was gross how her head was covered in pizza toppings there? First thing that crossed my mind was "Does this chick even bathe? She must smell awful!"

Jex

Geneijin said:
It's a damn shame.
I like it more than Hanasaku Iroha.
Now we're entering dangerous territory.
Lafiel said:
They don't, but A-1 pictures have made more offensive productions! (Fractale, Valkyria chronicles).

Canaan was mediocre but not offensively bad like those two shows were.
I consider them all offensively bad!

Dresden

zeroshiki said:
I see Geneijin has changed avatars.

If an Iroha and AnoHana smackdown does happen, I want to be on the winning side (Iroha).
I'd probably hitch my warwagon onto Iroha's backside. We've already seen it, unlike AnoHana, and the director isn't the same guy who did Railgun and Toradora.
I'm not being biased or anything.

Besides, I'm waiting for this to happen:

Y1Mxpl.jpg

Drama! The stress of being a friendzoned childhood friend will make him snap halfway through the season.

Defuser

Asobi ni Ikuyo got the dumbest male lead I'v ever seen in my damn life.3 kisses in a row from 3 different girls yet he's still confused/clueless on why they did that.Goddamn,somebody give him the darwin award.

Joule

Geneijin said:
Ayana Taketatsu will beat Kuroneko by channeling Kirino. She's the current moe queen of animu.
But Kuroneko is so much better than Kirino.

Also Ami Koshimizu's character is what it's all about. They have Wakamoto too.

firehawk12 said:
Is it actually good science fiction? I remember talk about how one of the episodes was an homage to an old American SF series but the harem hijinks seem kind of bleah. And she represents the entire dog race!
No the SF isn't particularly good. It is mostly harem hijinks mixed with just plain old nonsense. Let's see what I said about it back when I finished it:

Utterly ridiculous is the way I would describe this. I mean it's just a harem series with a very absurdly strung together setting but man was it absurd. You've got cat aliens, alien cat robots, dog aliens, alien dog robots, the cia, a large cult of cat ear lovers (with cat aliens around I think you see where this might go) whose leader is some massively wealthy young girl that has an army of maids, an underground society that is awaiting a 'proper' alien contact, taoist seals, Chow Yun Fat as a cat robot, Yagyuu Jubei and Date Masamune as cat robots...
The best bit I think was when the dog robots attached Taoist magic seals on themselves so they could invade the cat mothership without being detected. Also I thought you finished this show firehawk?

Branduil

Jexhius said:
Someone hasn't seen Shiki.

You'd might be surprised to find out you can't throw that statement around anywhere on the internet without a true-fan(TM) jumping down your throat. There's always lurking on some idle forum or backwater blog.
I remember when someone here got mad at me for claiming Kallen was one of the worst female "characters" of all-time.

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
jman2050 said:
The answer as always:
Shaft
Yeah, which is exactly why I'm worried. Don't get me wrong, I liked Bakemonogatari just fine, but I don't really want Bakemonogatari: Alien Edition either...

Anyway...

Hidan no Aria 1
So dumb, so very dumb... and yet... SO UTTERLY BRILLIANT. I mean GOD, it's like DIE HARD AGAIN TOMORROW: HIGH SCHOOL EDITION *EXPLOSION*. It's like a fucking buddy-cop movie! She's a tsundere on the edge. "I'll tear a hole in ya!" He's a wanna-be normal with a special power. "I'm thinking of quitting Butei..." But when they team up, *blood pump* you never know WHAT will happen! "Hentai! Hentai! Hentai! Hentai!" Hidan no Aria, on Japan TV now! *EXPLOSION*

I mean Jesus, they hit every damned note! So much insinuation that she's not wearing panties! So much phallic imagery! Corny ass CGI! SAW-rip-off bad guy! Hell, they even have the Ojou as a clingly stalker type! Brilliant! I mean if there's NO other reason to like the show, consider this: The main character activates his power by GETTING A BONER.

Best show of the season right here. BEST SHOW.

zeroshiki

Dresden said:
I'd probably hitch my warwagon onto Iroha's backside. We've already seen it, unlike AnoHana, and the director isn't the same guy who did Railgun and Toradora.
I'm not being biased or anything.
Besides, I'm waiting for this to happen:
http://i.imgur.com/Y1Mxpl.jpg[img]
Drama! The stress of being a friendzoned childhood friend will make him snap halfway through the season.[/quote]

Holy crap. I hope this happens.

[quote=InfiniteNine]What are you talking about? Norio Wakamoto can stop anything![/quote]

[img]http://www.japanator.com/elephant//ul/18439-/123456-620x.jpg

trejo said:
I need to watch Anohana first before I decide on which side of the upcoming war I'll be standing on.

No need. Just hop on board.

Branduil

doomed1 said:
Yeah, which is exactly why I'm worried. Don't get me wrong, I liked Bakemonogatari just fine, but I don't really want Bakemonogatari: Alien Edition either...

Anyway...

Hidan no Aria 1
So dumb, so very dumb... and yet... SO UTTERLY BRILLIANT. I mean GOD, it's like DIE HARD AGAIN TOMORROW: HIGH SCHOOL EDITION *EXPLOSION*. It's like a fucking buddy-cop movie! She's a tsundere on the edge. "I'll tear a hole in ya!" He's a wanna-be normal with a special power. "I'm thinking of quitting Butei..." But when they team up, *blood pump* you never know WHAT will happen! "Hentai! Hentai! Hentai! Hentai!" Hidan no Aria, on Japan TV now! *EXPLOSION*

I mean Jesus, they hit every damned note! So much insinuation that she's not wearing panties! So much phallic imagery! Corny ass CGI! SAW-rip-off bad guy! Hell, they even have the Ojou as a clingly stalker type! Brilliant! I mean if there's NO other reason to like the show, consider this: The main character activates his power by GETTING A BONER.

Best show of the season right here. BEST SHOW.
Stop making it so easy to dismiss your opinion of Madoka.

trejo

InfiniteNine said:
What are you talking about? Norio Wakamoto can stop anything!
This is true. The man can make a muscle-bound, armor-clad, cat-eared meathead sound like a badass. Now that is talent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom