• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2011 Anime Thread of ZAWA ZAWA, Money, emo Cyclops, and fun^10xint^40=Ir2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jex

hamchan said:
Can't I be on both teams?
Well, them majority of members seem to like both shows, the debate is centred around which one is the BESTEST, something no-one will know until both shows have finished airing. However, that won't stop us having a fight to the death to defend one or the other.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
ikE5V8.png

Hahaha, holy shit.
ikI7qG.png

zeroshiki

Damn, we're losing ground to BOTH Team Loser and Team Wishy-washy.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=27170049&postcount=9463

Team Ohana (Hanasaku Iroha):
Branduil
duckroll
trejo
zeroshiki
Lafiel
Jexhius
icarus-daedalus
flawfuls
M_Night
hossanainexcelsis
Dresden
Dance in my Blood
Infernodash
KuwabaraTheMan
Steroyd
Regulus Terra
Aigis

Team Mono no Aware (Ano Hi Mita Hana No Namae Wo Bokutachi Wa Mada Shiranai):
Geneijin
CWarrior
mAcOdin
shintoki
Rektash
Halycon
lostxii
Sage00

Team Wishy-washy (won't take a stand):
jman2050
firehawk12
cosmicblizzard
hamchan

I'd like to be fair though. The names are kinda (just a little bit) prejudiced. What does team Ano Hi No Hana No Namae Wo Bakutachi Wa Mada Shiranai want to be called?

mAcOdIn

In good fun I'm calling it now, whichever side A Black Falcon chooses will end up being the lesser show at the end. He's probably still Team Nichjou though.

And all this "team" talk sounds a hell of a lot like Twilight, I move for all of us to be referred to as factions or something.

Osaka

Did not ask for this tag
I think I count as team wishy-washy since I'm fighting in another battle, this whole hana-business is not for me!

Rektash

mAcOdIn said:
In good fun I'm calling it now, whichever side A Black Falcon chooses will end up being the lesser show at the end. He's probably still Team Nichjou though.

And all this "team" talk sounds a hell of a lot like Twilight, I move for all of us to be referred to as factions or something.

We shall be called 物の哀れ団.

Haly

How about Galactic Hanairo Empire and Anohana Planets Alliance.

Maison Ikkoku: The original "Rape in the Gym Storage Shed" anime.

mAcOdIn

Rektash said:
We shall be called 物の哀れ- 団.
This isn't going to be like that Chinese tattoo I got that was supposed to say my name but instead said "I like it in the pooper" is it?

Haly

Of course not, it means Strength, Love and Serenity.

Rektash

mAcOdIn said:
This isn't goint to be like that Chinese tattoo I got that was supposed to say my name but instead said "I like it in the pooper" is it?

It sure is, that is how it is supposed to be.

Edit: And if you belive google translate it sure is. LOL.

Jex

Halycon said:
Maison Ikkoku: The original "Rape in the Gym Storage Shed" anime.
You might as well stop there just so that you can fully appreciate one of the greatest moments in anime.

Haly

Jexhius said:
You might as well stop there just so that you can fully appreciate one of the greatest moments in anime.
It is glorious.

Also Maison Ikkoku is now a harem.

Haly

1) Rape Godai
2) "Take responsibility!"
3) ???
4) Profit!
This is how stories become harems!

First there's one girl. Then there's another girl. Then a third girl is introduced that fights with one of the other girls for the MC's love.

AND AFTER THAT IT BECOMES MONSTER OF THE WEEK. Except with girls instead of monsters.

Halycon said:
1) Rape Godai
2) "Take responsibility!"
3) ???
4) Profit!

This is how stories become harems!

First there's one girl. Then there's another girl. Then a third girl is introduced that fights with one of the other girls for the MC's love.

AND AFTER THAT IT BECOMES MONSTER OF THE WEEK. Except with girls instead of monsters.

this is harem.

Sister-Princess-31.jpg

not this.

MI2.jpg

Haly

I am joking :)

Also that is one uguu~ pic if I've ever seen one.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Maison Ikkoku a harem? Geez I know these threads are now nuts, but I never knew they were also full of shit!

Haly

Okay, guys.

Hyperbole?

It's fun!

Diary of a Yandere:
imBjOG.png

JUST ACCORDING TO PLAN:
imB5hY.png

Haly

Yes, it's about a pimp.

A pimp named Mr. Yotsuya.

They call him "Yotsuya the Pimp Hand".

Jex

X-Men 3 is out and about. It was good, apart from the
cheap cliffhanger
but I think I prefer the previous two episodes.

Although that Emma Frost design makes it hard to keep a straight face.

Rektash

On another note - late as I always am - I just watched Bakemonogatari 1-10 in one sitting. I don't know what animegaf thinks regarding bake, so I run into the danger of getting a lot of flag but who cares. The first 6-7 episodes were freaking awesome. I really liked the direction, animation, the dialogs ~ pretty much everything about it.

But holy shit did it take a nosedive. Instead of continuing what it started, deepening the characters, giving us more awesome shit, it just turned into a crappy spirit of the day kind of thing. Everything after the third arc just gives an overbearing feeling of irrelevancy and annoys me to no end. Where are the awesome interactions between hero and tsundere? Did they forgot they even had the stapler girl in the show? Did they not know that the interactions between the two were the selling point of the show?

I am at a point where I don't even want to finish it :-/.

/XX/

7th said:
I would like to see age demographics of those that participated in that poll, because with that list in mind and the inclusion of movies like Crayon Shin-chan: The Adult Empire Strikes Back (クレヨンしんちゃん 嵐を呼ぶ モーレツ!オトナ帝国の逆襲) in it, I wonder myself if some of those people also have that nostalgic feel towards the mid-to-late 20th century, as represented in the movie (mainly the 60's and 70's). Not only is a splendid film this one, in my opinion it also presents us very well that melancholy birthed from the look back to the memories of our youths, that is why I think some of those participants in that poll, maybe at some point, have identified themselves with the adults in the movie. I'm not saying that everyone that liked that film experimented those same feelings, but to vote it alongside other works like Lupin the Third: Castle of Cagliostro, My Neighbor Totoro or Puss-in-Boots, I think its pretty telling

Jexhius said:
Spirited Away and Macross Plus say you're not entirely correct!
Agreed! A natural integration is pretty difficult, but I think those works achieve a very good result, especially the STUDIO GHIBLI one. They sure have mastered the aid of computer-generated graphics and digital composition since the Ghiblies (ギブリーズ) production (the second episode in particular)! My Neighbors the Yamadas is, in my opinion, another magnificent early example of their work, but it was a sizable project with a very big budget and lots of additional support, so I suppose it's not a fair example of their skillfulness.

Nonoriri said:
It has the best use of CG in (TV) anime ever.
Although, I think, the best looking scenes that used computer-generated 3D graphics were those keyframed by Sushio himself (and I liked SANZINGEN Inc. work in general).

Dresden

Rektash said:
On another note - late as I always am - I just watched Bakemonogatari 1-10 in one sitting. I don't know what animegaf thinks regarding bake, so I run into the danger of getting a lot of flag but who cares. The first 6-7 episodes were freaking awesome. I really liked the direction, animation, the dialogs ~ pretty much everything about it.

But holy shit did it take a nosedive. Instead of continuing what it started, deepening the characters, giving us more awesome shit, it just turned into a crappy spirit of the day kind of thing. Everything after the third arc just gives an overbearing feeling of irrelevancy and annoys me to no end. Where are the awesome interactions between hero and tsundere? Did they forgot they even had the stapler girl in the show? Did they not know that the interactions between the two were the selling point of the show?

I am at a point where I don't even want to finish it :-/.
The last (broadcast) episode is entirely about stapler-chan, you're only two episodes away. You just got through the worst arc in the show--snake--so you may as well finish it.

People here generally like Bakemono, anyways. Except for some certain members.

Hellsing321 said:
New trailer for Persona 4. Shows Izanagi cutting fools up, Nanako, and Chie manhandling Teddie.
It's looking good.

zeroshiki

Dresden said:
The last (broadcast) episode is entirely about stapler-chan, you're only two episodes away. You just got through the worst arc in the show--snake--so you may as well finish it.

People here generally like Bakemono, anyways. Except for some certain members.

It's looking good.

Even if Shaft didn't run out out of money and basically Evangelion'd Nadeko Snake, it would still have been a lousy boring arc totally bereft of Senjougahara goodness.

Thankfully Tsubasa Cat 2 remedied that.

Oh and its, Tsundere-chan. Get your nicknames right.

Haly

Nadeko snake had gaijin 4koma.

Yes I am easily entertained.

Jex

Rektash said:
Everything after the third arc just gives an overbearing feeling of irrelevancy and annoys me to no end. Where are the awesome interactions between hero and tsundere? Did they forgot they even had the stapler girl in the show?
Well, every arc is better than the snake girl arc (in fact, all the other arcs are good) but the penultimate arc returns to Senjougahara and the final arc is focused on Cat-girl so it's worth pursuing.

Also, Senjougahara isn't tsundere because she admits her feelings extremely early in the show. Just sayin'

Haly

I don't think she's ever dere to Arararararagi. She usually switches between abusive and even more abusive.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Halycon said:
I don't think she's ever dere to Arararararagi. She usually switches between abusive and even more abusive.
I don't know she held hands with him and looked at the stars while expressing her feelings. That's pretty dere.

Dresden

Not to mention those boxed lunches.

That said she's never in denial of her feelings, or confused about them, and she just forges on and gets the guy she wants. So it's hard to put her down as tsundere, even in the very beginning when she was truly abusive to Ararararagi, because back then she had no feelings for him at all. In fact she displays more of a yandere-trait than anything else, although I'm basing this off that pen-in-the-eye scene.

Admittedly considering the author it's pretty silly to peg them into one hole when he's been savvy about that nerd-lore stuff.

Haly

That was once! Can't call her dere based on that. Every girl who ever expressed their feelings while holding hands would be dere.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Halycon said:
That was once! Can't call her dere based on that. Every girl who ever expressed their feelings while holding hands would be dere.
She was still displaying some dere there! She expressed some while trying to help Arararararagi-kun by trying to help him with his homework too even if she insulted his intelligence while doing so!

Haly

Okay okay, so let's agree that her dere is also tsundere. How about that?

Haly

I dunno, maybe her tsun is yandere? Or yantsun.

She could be 1.4th yan, 1/2 tsun and 1/4th dere.

By my experience, Anime-GAF goes to sleep around 4AM EST and wakes up 12AM EST.

A full 8 hours! What nice children you all are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom