• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2011 Anime Thread of ZAWA ZAWA, Money, emo Cyclops, and fun^10xint^40=Ir2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dresden

answer: no

reason: enma

Halycon said:
I dunno, maybe her tsun is yandere? Or yantsun.

She could be 1.4th yan, 1/2 tsun and 1/4th dere.
I'd say she's 1/4 yan, 1/4 tsun, 1/2 dere. I'm having a hard time remembering a classic tsun-tsun moment later on in the show. She's just a very teasing dere at that point.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
InfiniteNine said:
DON'T YOU JUDGE ME!
<3
I'd say she's 1/4 yan, 1/4 tsun, 1/2 dere. I'm having a hard time remembering a classic tsun-tsun moment later on in the show. She's just a very teasing dere at that point.
I'd say teasing = tsun, even if she is doting on Araragi.

It comes down to the form of her affection!

Dresden

icarus-daedelus said:
Because Dororon Enma-kun is the show of the season, obv, and these chumps are just fighting it out for second place.
Pretty much. Can the grandmother in Iroha do this? Not with those pitiful knockers.

7Th

icarus-daedelus said:
Because Dororon Enma-kun is the show of the season, obv, and these chumps are just fighting it out for second place.

My point is, how can you answer "no" to an "x or y" question?

Haly

7Th said:
Because Dresdan is a hot-blooded Man who goes beyond the Impossible kicks Reason to the curb.

duckroll

They invade our forum, and we fall back. They assimilate countless members, and we fall back. Not again. Not this time. The line must be drawn here! This far, no farther! And I will make them pay for what they have done!

dragonballjoseph said:
So I finished Nana the other day. Some people in here said it was supposed to not be a romantic comedy, yet I found every episode funny. >:|
Loved it though. Great score, story, characters, the works. Now was there supposed to be a second season, but it got cancelled or something?

But now, I'm watching Shuffle! ^_^

Nana? A romantic comedy? I really don't see that, and it's one of my favorites. There are plenty of funny moments for sure, but most of the series is focused on heavy drama. Glad to hear you enjoyed it.

The manga has been on hiatus for awhile, so it will probably be some time until they can do a second season.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
7Th said:
Will you laugh or cry when both AnoHana and HanaIro turn out bad after their midpoints, GAF?
I'm fairly optimistic that they won't. However if one show has to turn out bad to improve the quality of the other, I'm rooting for Anohana, because sometimes sacrifices haft to be made.

However worst case scenario I will cry and quit watching anime forever.;_;

Geneijin

Lafiel said:
I'm fairly optimistic that they won't. However if one show has to turn out bad to improve the quality of the other, I'm rooting for Anohana, because sometimes sacrifices haft to be made.

However worst case scenario I will cry and quit watching anime forever.;_;
But you got a 2-cour! How greedy of you. You can easily sacrifice the first half of your show. Not like it will stop airing if it got suddenly worse.

Okay, I've finally watched Ano Hi Mita Hana, and I must say, I liked it a lot. The story definitely seems interesting, and the episode certainly had the right balance of flashbacks and touching moments, but... the problem with a 1-cour show is that it has very little time to flesh out the characters and really show the development. I'm fearful that this will end up being the case, it all boils down to the director and his ability to efficiently convey a good story. Nonetheless, Iroha still has the slight advantage due to the time that they have to establish a good story.

P.S.
Anaru
is
tsundere
it appears...

Haly

Maison Ikkoku 57: Asuna... THE DOG WHISPERER.

I was totally expecting Asuna to think: "This woman loves dogs too. I must marry her."

Also I'm thoroughly disappointed that Godai isn't playing with tiny Ataru, Shinobu and Megane.

Jex

Dresden said:
That said she's never in denial of her feelings, or confused about them, and she just forges on and gets the guy she wants. So it's hard to put her down as tsundere, even in the very beginning when she was truly abusive to Ararararagi, because back then she had no feelings for him at all. In fact she displays more of a yandere-trait than anything else, although I'm basing this off that pen-in-the-eye scene.
Maybe she's just...a character!
Dresden said:
Admittedly considering the author it's pretty silly to peg them into one hole when he's been savvy about that nerd-lore stuff.
Indeed, they all start out as stereotypical stock-anime girls but then they're usually broken down and subverted in a rather deliberate manner.
7Th said:
Will you laugh or cry when both AnoHana and HanaIro turn out bad after their midpoints, GAF?
I expect it to happen, so I'll remain resolutely stoic. But I'll be crying inside.
7Th said:
Following the rules is for chumps.

Steroyd

7Th said:

Those tears of laughter are only reserved for the last 2 episodes of Madoka. Then I go watch Enma-kun and all is forgotten.

Haly

Here's my pitch:
Quiet pretty girl with low self esteem goes around fighting crime. Except she's too timid to do it so instead she summons her attack dogs. The story is about how she learns to be self-assertive instead of relying on her dogs (although she still loves her doggies in the end). There is also a Man involved somewhere who has a phobia of dogs.

Oh, and her dogs are named after food.

jman2050

Hold on, it must be made clear in some fashion that being on team wishy-washy doesn't mean "I like both" or "I choose between both" it's "I don't care."

Also it's always amusing watching someone unfamiliar with CLAMP relationships. Always.

zeroshiki

I'm not gonna make another section for Team I don't care. Besides, its HanaIro and AnoHana. You SHOULD care.

Regulus Tera said:
So why are we excited for this one?

Its probably not by the same company and it looks like they actually spent money on the thing.

Plus, this one is actually based on Persona 4 unlike the abomination that was Trinity Soul.

EDIT: The hell is with your avatar?

Haly

DAMNIT IT GODAI STOP BEING STUPID.

GO HOME.

Also kill that avatar with fire.

7Th

Regarding the whole, "any episode, HanaIro and AnoHana can become total messes" thing... am I the only one that thinks that one of the most exciting things about watching TV anime is that it can always turn into shit without warning? Knowing that, due to the nature of its production, any show can be suddenly ruined at its next episode is something that has me at the edge of my seat.

Regulus Tera said:

Because anime fans never learn.

Regulus Tera said:

Because its an actual adaptation rather than some story that had cameo from 2 of the game characters in an attempt to give it legitmacy?. Fans love to cling on hope.

but i still haven't played persona 4 so i have no idea how it will actually turn out and i wont be watching.

duckroll

7Th said:
Regarding the whole, "any episode, HanaIro and AnoHana can become total messes" thing... am I the only one that thinks that one of the most exciting things about watching anime is that the whole work could turn into shit without warning? It has me at the edge of my seat, knowing that, due to the nature of its production, any show can be suddenly ruined at its next episode.

Dude, wtf. I never go into something wanting it to be bad. If I'm enjoying a show, I never actively wish for it to turn to shit either. The exception to this is that if something is already shit, or the source material is so bad that there's no way I would enjoy it seriously anyway, then I often do wish that it turns into total and utter shit instead, because then there would be entertainment value instead of it just being something I have no interest in.

Disaster production > boring production

But why would anyone want something which is GOOD... to go... bad. I can understand not having faith that the quality will keep up, I know I don't either, but I don't -want- it to turn bad. :(

Regulus Tera said:
I call her My Little Ohana.

The hair is totally wrong. Try harder!

7Th

duckroll said:
Dude, wtf. I never go into something wanting it to be bad. If I'm enjoying a show, I never actively wish for it to turn to shit either. The exception to this is that if something is already shit, or the source material is so bad that there's no way I would enjoy it seriously anyway, then I often do wish that it turns into total and utter shit instead, because then there would be entertainment value instead of it just being something I have no interest in.

But why would anyone want something which is GOOD... to go... bad. I can understand not having faith that the quality will keep up, I know I don't either, but I don't -want- it to turn bad. :(

Don't get me wrong. I want the shows to be good, but I find it exciting that they can turn into shit at any minute. It's like watching a reality show and rooting for someone that can fail and be dropped out at any step of the journey!

zeroshiki

Infinite Justice said:
Because its an actual adaptation rather than some story that had cameo from 2 of the game characters in an attempt to give it legitmacy?. Fans love to cling on hope.

but i still haven't played persona 4 so i have no idea how it will actually turn out and i wont be watching.

Same here but I'll watch. My PS2 works really shittily nowadays so I can't really play it anymore. I can only hope they release a P4P along with the anime or something.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
duckroll said:

The hair is totally wrong. Try harder!
Watch the new episode ducky. ;P

Jex

Okay, I did not realise the manga creator for Toriko has been previously arrested for having sex with under-age prostitutes. What? That's pretty crazy.

duckroll

7Th said:
Don't get me wrong. I want the shows to be good, but I find it exciting that they can turn into shit at any minute. It's like watching a reality show and rooting for someone that can fail and be dropped out at any step of the journey!

That is the only reason I watched all of Kissdum. But that was more of a show which seemed like it was almost not going to get aired, and just canned. Then after that, it was week after week of thrilling production nightmares, not knowing what the staff would do next. And it's impossible to look away because you know you're watching an anime series being written, directed, and animated on the fly week after week with NO ONE knowing where it would end. And by the end the final two episodes actually ended up looking incredible and amazing, probably because everyone involved had gone totally crazy and convinced themselves that the show was not a total worthless piece of shit after all.

It was an amazing experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom