• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2011 Anime Thread of ZAWA ZAWA, Money, emo Cyclops, and fun^10xint^40=Ir2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe Molotov

zeroshiki said:
Didn't Jinta actually get off and then faint from it?

It was left to the viewer to decide whether he fainted from all the blood rushing to his nether regions or whether he just conveniently chose that moment to have a heat stroke.

Also, Nichijou girls are into erotic yaoi fanart.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Cwarrior said:
http://img1.sankakustatic.com/wp-content/videos/highschool-of-the-dead-hadaka-apron-fellatio-anime-009.gif
fanservice at its worst
or its best u decide
This was the worst shit I had ever seen in my life.

All I could feel was shame.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Joe Molotov said:
It was left to the viewer to decide whether he fainted from all the blood rushing to his nether regions or whether he just conveniently chose that moment to have a heat stroke.

Also, Nichijou girls are into erotic yaoi fanart.
All girls want to see boys give oral sex to each other!

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Jerk said:
Any advice on a romantic comedy of some sort?

I was considering on re-watching Ouran, but I would like to give something else a try first.

There's Maison ikkoku but that's around 96-episodes and might be to time-consuming.

So maybe i can go the safe route and recommend Toradora!

Rektash

Lafiel said:
There's Maison ikkoku but that's around 96-episodes and might be to time-consuming.

Yeah both of them are kind of safe bets - after Lovely complex.

trejo

That HotD boobs gif is legendary for a reason! People have done math on it and stuff.

Lafiel said:

I've a slight feeling Jerk would hate Toradora.

Ah, I stand corrected.

Jerk

Banned
Lafiel said:

I will try out Maison ikkoku.

I actually saw Toradora back before it became the cool thing to watch. I enjoyed it well enough (though I really dislike Taiga's design).

Risette

A Good Citizen
Salazar said:
I crave a dvd release.
It's getting released on DVD and Blu-ray in the US, although I get the feeling you live in Australia (you used to post in the anime threads but I'm not too sure about where you live!)

Jerk said:
Any advice on a romantic comedy of some sort?

I was considering on re-watching Ouran, but I would like to give something else a try first.

Have you seen School Rumble? If not, I would highly recommend checking it out. It's definitely a great romantic comedy.

Kare Kano is very good as well.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Is lovely complex actually genuinely good or are you guys trolling? the title doesn't fill me with much confidence.:lol

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Ditto Maison Ikkoku:
im5e5G.png

Rektash

Lafiel said:
Is lovely complex actually genuinely good or are you guys trolling? the title doesn't fill me with much confidence.:lol

Lovely complex is freaking fantastic. It has its teenage angst moments, but besides it is one of the best romance/comedy out there.

trejo

Lafiel said:
It's actually pretty good. Not trolling.

Heh, my sister also liked it, now that I remember.

JKTrix

Lovely Complex is fine.

Do people not like Nodame Cantabile? I expected that to be the one recommended first. Unless Jerk's already seen that.

If not, that'd probably get my top vote.

Jerk

Banned
Rektash said:
Nonono! You must watch Lovely complex :-/!

Uh...

I will give it a try first since it seems to be so important to you...

KuwabaraTheMan said:
Have you seen School Rumble? If not, I would highly recommend checking it out. It's definitely a great romantic comedy.

Ooooh. Thanks.

Cwarrior

KuwabaraTheMan said:

This

but avoid the manga

poor yakamo :( she gets She gets brutally trolled and friend zoned

gonna watch Maison Ikkoku once am done with gungrave

Rektash

JKTrix said:
Lovely Complex is fine.

Do people not like Nodame Cantabile? I expected that to be the one recommended first. Unless Jerk's already seen that.

Nodame has the problem of a weak ass second season :-/.

zeroshiki

Rektash said:
Nodame has the problem of a weak ass second season :-/.

3rd as well.

The quality of the story went into a nosedive as soon as they went to Paris. Chiaki overcoming his fears and going with Nodame to Paris would have been a great way to end everything.

Risette

A Good Citizen
Ezalc said:
Oh I love Highschool of the Dead, I just wish it didn't have the loli or the dog.

EDIT: Which reminds me anybody here be kind enough to tell me what anime this is from?

2hi71ag.gif
Kuragehime iirc.

Lafiel said:

I haven't seen all of Lovely Complex (got to get back to that), but the episodes I saw were very enjoyable - the relationship between the central couple is great.

JKTrix said:

I haven't seen enough of Nodame Cantabile to know it's supposed to be a romantic comedy! The only thing I remember from what I saw is that the pianist has a very unrealistic method of learning music.

Salazar

Aigis said:
It's getting released on DVD and Blu-ray in the US, although I get the feeling you live in Australia (you used to post in the anime threads but I'm not too sure about where you live!)

Yep. Australia. Close to Asia but paradoxically far from animu.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
firehawk12 said:
Guy's a virgin, she's trying to seduce/blackmail him. It's "wacky"?
I think it had already gotten to the point where she drugged him and made it look like he lost his virginity to her in a drunken stupor he couldn't remember.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Dance In My Blood said:
I think it had already gotten to the point where she drugged him and made it look like he lost his virginity to her in a drunken stupor he couldn't remember.
Ah, was that from when he first wakes up and sees her in bed?

JKTrix said:

I haven't gotten around to seeing the anime yet (which is why I didn't bring it up), but I really like what I've read of the manga. That's certainly a worthy recommendation.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
KuwabaraTheMan said:
I haven't gotten around to seeing the anime yet (which is why I didn't bring it up), but I really like what I've read of the manga. That's certainly a worthy recommendation.
*insert Honey and Clover mention here*

NewFresh

Nothing quells my anger towards schoolwork than buying some anime. Finally caved and pre-ordered The Girl Who Lept, over at deepdiscounts.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Jerk said:
What was the prelude to that gif?

I am assuming it was "I have a penis"?
He has a phobia of women and she pretended to date rape him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom