• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2011 Anime Thread of ZAWA ZAWA, Money, emo Cyclops, and fun^10xint^40=Ir2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ao No Exorcist 1
Pretty good, I thought the filler wasn't even bad and fit in well enough with the setup of the main character. The manga isn't really far enough along for a 25 ep run without padding like this or full on filler episodes so we will see how it goes from here but I'm hopeful it will continue to be good.

trejo

Nichijou 3

Business as usual here and this time there was no exceptionally animated action bit to break up the monotony. Not to mention that a number of the jokes were just completely lost on me. What was the deal with that voodoo doll, for instance?

I think at this point I might be fine just watching clips from the best scenes on youtube or something. Still, it has probably the nicest ED this season.

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
Hanasaku Iroha 2
First idea I got was that "famous writer" totally wrote erotica, second idea was that he's totally swindling them for the room.

Also, silly, predictable "GANBARE!" Ohana trying to be better at what she does and make other people like her. Nothing wrong with it, just it's so straightforward and plainly a coming of age story. I like the character dynamics well enough, and if they manage to flesh them out and they're not basically the standard "I do this because I'm insecuuuuuuuuuuuuure!" Linkin Park bullshit, I'll be happy.

Eh, oh well, Nihil novi sub solis and all...

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I hope Shy girl turns out to be a raging lesbian.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Ezalc said:
I don't understand the hate behind this episode, I thought it was kind of interesting. The father was fucking awesome though. Anybody who reads the manga here tell me if he continues to be awesome or is for some reason reduced to being some shitty forgotten side character?

The only thing that sucks about the manga is that it's monthly.

Rektash

hosannainexcelsis said:
If that's the case, I'm out.

I am already considering the same. I don't need 16 year olds in bondage scenes. Will wait for another few eps though since I have hopes that it won't go on like that. Just when I thought I found me a new and nice slice of life anime, massive fanservice kicks in :-/.

Haly

Never before have I witnessed such staunch resistance to lesbian lolis.

Solune

Ezalc said:
I don't understand the hate behind this episode, I thought it was kind of interesting. The father was fucking awesome though. Anybody who reads the manga here tell me if he continues to be awesome or is for some reason reduced to being some shitty forgotten side character?
You're in for a nice surprise.

Joe Molotov

Dresden said:
The broest shows last broever.

Anyways, it's probably Tiger & Bunny. It's about two bros broing up against an anti-bro brold. Runner-up would be Enma-kun, I suppose, although I'm not sure if it's really a dudebro kind of a show--it's perverted, and it has action, but the pervertedness lacks that creepy voyeuristic edge that bro-shows are usually filled with, and the action is too old school--it's not bro-ish, more like grampsonian.

That's the problem with anime, not enough bros, just broing around, getting broed up. Less moe, more broe is what I'm saying.

Branduil

The fanservice only existed in the context of the guy's awful novel, so I'd be surprised if the rest of the show focused on that so much.

Haly

I await the day of broe, a unification of all anime genres.

Rektash

Branduil said:
The fanservice only existed in the context of the guy's awful novel, so I'd be surprised if the rest of the show focused on that so much.

In what times do we live that bath scenes aren't even considered fanservice anymore :O?

Holy shit you guys went all out last night. After the talk of Ryuji's mom I'm scared to see what the thread devolved into.

Edit: And Tiger & Bunny is the bro show of the season, no question.

zeroshiki

Rektash said:
In what times do we live that bath scenes aren't even considered fanservice anymore :O?

In the world where that scene didn't even happen "in-universe". And they barely showed cleavage much less out and out fanservice.

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
Rektash said:
In times where baths are scenes of reflection and introspection, you know, like they always have been. The alternate would be a place of vulnerability and emotional nakedness, but those are usually the fanservice/shower slasher scenes. Everyone bathes (or at least I hope everyone here does), so it's easy to put someone in that introspective bath state of mind.

Haly

Well I guess I'll watch Hanairo 3.

Dum de dum dum.

WOAH HEY LOLI MAID BONDAGE.

Rektash

zeroshiki said:
In the world where that scene didn't even happen "in-universe". And they barely showed cleavage much less out and out fanservice.

Really? No fanservice to be found here.

Ywfdt.jpg

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Branduil said:
Yet they still found a way to put it into the show anyway.

Halycon said:
I await the day of broe, a unification of all anime genres.
broeno no awabro.

Rektash said:

http://i.imgur.com/Ywfdt.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
They're not having sex, so it's okay! Or something/

zeroshiki

Rektash said:

http://i.imgur.com/Ywfdt.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Yes. If the most people can complain about is fanservice that existed solely in a character's mind then there's probably not much there.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
zeroshiki said:
Yes. If the most people can complain about is fanservice that existed solely in a character's mind then there's probably not much there.
It still appeared on screen though. Male gaze, bro.

Branduil

firehawk12 said:
Yet they still found a way to put it into the show anyway.

No doubt for exploitive purposes. But I still doubt it's going to become a prominent part of the show, unless the novelist becomes the focus of the story. Which seems unlikely.

Joule

Hidan no Aria: The moment the cg uzi mounted segway came in play, I knew this meant trouble. JC Staff you've got to stop doing these adaptations or at least take a long break from them. This one felt worse than usual for me.

Risette

A Good Citizen
I dunno, that shot where shy girl just got out of the water seemed pretty fanservicey to me.

Also, I can't remember any of the character names in HanaIro except for Ohana and Minko.

Haly

It's easier to refer to them by their personality anyway.

zeroshiki

I don't deny that there was fanservice and personally would have preferred there not be but let's not overreact. This wasn't gonna be K-On in terms of chastity and it doesn't seem like its gonna be a staple of the show. Most likely this was the "fanservice" episode (until the inevitable beach episode) and we'll go back to normal next week.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Branduil said:
No doubt for exploitive purposes. But I still doubt it's going to become a prominent part of the show, unless the novelist becomes the focus of the story. Which seems unlikely.
Oh, I know. But I can see why people are calling a flag on that play anyway.

I'm sure when he becomes a part of the cast, he'll just be the herpderp jokey writer guy that they cut to when they need someone to look like an idiot.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
I dunno, that shot where shy girl just got out of the water seemed pretty fanservicey to me.
That's the bit of fanservice in that episode that really didn't work for me, the novel sequences were hilarious at least, but that one bit of fanservice felt largely unnecessary to me.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
zeroshiki said:
I don't deny that there was fanservice and personally would have preferred there not be but let's not overreact. This wasn't gonna be K-On in terms of chastity and it doesn't seem like its gonna be a staple of the show. Most likely this was the "fanservice" episode (until the inevitable beach episode) and we'll go back to normal next week.

It's funny, because I'm one of the people who is excusing it as part of the overall gag. But I don't think "it's a dream/fantasy" is a valid way to brush it off. Someone actually drew those scenes anyway.

Lafiel said:
That's the bit of fanservice in that episode that really didn't work for me, the novel sequences were hilarious at least, but that one bit of fanservice felt largely unnecessary to me.
Ah yeah, the wet t-shirt service. :p

Aigis said:

Also, I can't remember any of the character names in HanaIro except for Ohana and Minko.

With Nako only those 3 matter anyway (Grandma too but that name suits her fine).

Can never understand this whole "Fanservice? NOOOO" thing *shrug*

Halycon said:
Author dude reminds me of Zetsubo sensei.

Not enough despair and
Enya music
imo

Haly

I don't think Ohana can express anger, so she just channels it into very forceful optimism.

This way I can pretend that she is a mentally troubled child who has difficulty expressing negative emotions instead of a one dimensional super optimistic girl.

Joe Molotov

I'm watching this Toriko x One Piece thing, and it's been a while since I've watched OP but were Nami's boobs always this big? I didn't remember them being like watermelons.

Haly

Hitokage said:
That has Nice Boat written all over it.
A Nice Boat ending would be amazing.

They're near the shore already!

I hope Minko decides to go with the triple combo of "It's not that I like you or anything", "So don't get me wrong", and "You're still an idiot."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom