• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2011 Anime Thread of ZAWA ZAWA, Money, emo Cyclops, and fun^10xint^40=Ir2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Geneijin

zeroshiki said:
You think maybe Anaru (lol) was
responsible for Menma's death
?
AnoHana spoilers

Nope, but it's a possibility she strongly blames herself for what happened to Menma more than anyone else in the group, not to mention she could be accepting responsibility for Jinta's current self as well. Really, it's the potential conflict they're hinting at between Menma, Anaru, and Jintan. Anaru being the one who asked Jinta in the confession scene if he liked Menma, Menma hating how badly Jinta was speaking of Anaru, Jinta and Anaru's conversation between each other and she saying he should be disappointed at himself or something like that, Anaru saying she should be the one ashamed instead and a picture of the six of them are together is seen with the glare obscuring Menma - I'm curious what AnoHana plans to do with Naruko's character the most based on those events in Episode 1. AnoHana might even be implying Menma considers Anaru her closest friend with the way Episode 1 progressed. AnoHana could even throw in a convoluted love triangle and have Anaru with unrequited feelings of love toward Jinta. Don't get me started how Menma's presence could make this emotionally manipulative. I'm sensitive and gullible I guess...

Dresden said:
Tbh a meeting between her and the dictator grandma seems inevitable. No doubt Ohanaruto will use her shoujo haato powers to bring them to a reconciliation.
I still haven't seen Episode 3, but the first two episodes feel like they want to connote their differences through Ohana. Besides, her grandmother agreed to take Ohana in from her daughter, and HanaIro isn't letting me forget about the mother with what they've done so far.

Dresden

flawfuls said:
It's because any pairing other than Grandma X Old Janitor is blasphemy.
Grandma's ancient shibari techniques...

pieatorium said:
I think I actually like the anime beginning more than the manga
I do, too. Getting a little deeper into that relationship between the brothers and their father before everything blows up is a nice touch.

Geneijin

InfiniteNine said:
Well time to watch the first episode of AnoHana or watch the rest of Hanasaku Iroha. Maybe I should flip a coin or something.
Finish the rest of HanaIro before AnoHanu. insert best for last joke here

Jex

Geneijin said:
AnoHana spoilers

AnoHana could even throw in a convoluted love triangle and have Anaru with unrequited feelings of love toward Jinta.
Could? It seems exceedingly likely, if not confirmed, to me.

zeroshiki

Geneijin said:
AnoHana spoilers

Nope, but it's a possibility she strongly blames herself for what happened to Menma more than anyone else in the group, not to mention she could be accepting responsibility for Jinta's current self as well. Really, it's the potential conflict they're hinting at between Menma, Anaru, and Jintan. Anaru being the one who asked Jinta in the confession scene if he liked Menma, Menma hating how badly Jinta was speaking of Anaru, Jinta and Anaru's conversation between each other and she saying he should be disappointed at himself or something like that, Anaru saying she should be the one ashamed and a picture of the six childhood friends are seen with the glare obscuring Menma - I'm curious what AnoHana plans to do with Naruko's character the most based on those events in Episode 1. AnoHana might even be implying Menma considers Anaru her closest friend with the way Episode 1 progressed. AnoHana could even throw in a convoluted love triangle and have Anaru with unrequited feelings of love toward Jinta. Don't get me started how Menma's presence could make this emotionally manipulative. I'm sensitive and gullible I guess...

Oh without a doubt, I am sure Anaru wants Jinta's junk. There's no way she'd go all the way to his place just to give him handouts. Standard tsundere right there.

I think you're spot on with your speculation though. Plus that other dude can't get over Menma as well.

Uchip

Banned
So my friend got a bunch of free anime stuff for working at a convention and I have recieved plentiful gifts!
r7sspg.jpg

e6evqo.jpg

20ivs5v.jpg

Pikachu really is an evil dictator of sorts

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Anaru just needs to let her hair down.

Preferably while on top of Jinta.

Geneijin

Jexhius said:
Could? It seems exceedingly likely to me.
I think so too but I'm expecting a convoluted polygon more than the triangle. I used love triangle there to emphasize my curiosity about the relationships between the 3 rather than my speculation of the main story.

zeroshiki said:
Oh without a doubt, I am sure Anaru wants Jinta's junk. There's no way she'd go all the way to his place just to give him handouts. Standard tsundere right there.

I think you're spot on with your speculation though. Plus that other dude can't get over Menma as well.
Like I said in the above reply to Jex.

Haly

Dresden said:
He already lost his virginity to Menma, though. He's used goods.
Anaru doesn't look like a girl who gives a damn!

So I guess it's Tsundere vs Tsundebro vs Ghost for Jinta's affections.

Uchip

Banned
pieatorium said:
is it a bad name beacuse it sounds like the way you would say anal in japanese or am I immature and there is some translation to it?

that would be eneru
which is a one piece villain :p

Dresden

firehawk12 said:
I wonder if that's why she hates the name and this is an elaborate in-joke. :p
Oh god, that's why she has that awful hair. They're handlebars.
InfiniteNine said:
Come on, we all know everyone is a slut.
Halycon said:
Anaru doesn't look like a girl who gives a damn!

So I guess it's Tsundere vs Tsundebro vs Ghost for Jinta's affections.
God, why is Jintan such a slut?

Haly

Dresden said:
God, why is Jintan such a slut?
Well you know, lots of honest girls have made a mess of their life due to a lack of self respect.

Jex

Also, we should really use the full name each time, e.g. Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae o Boku-tachi wa Mada Shiranai.

Dresden

Jexhius said:
Also, we should really use the full name each time, e.g. Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae o Boku-tachi wa Mada Shiranai.
あの日見た花の名前を僕達はまだ知らない。, you mean.

Dresden

By the way, they've apparently completed all the way up to the tenth episode for Hanasaku Iroha. They'll never approach Shaft's level of diligence though.

Haly

Why isn't Google Translate automatically decoding the moon language.

Jex

Dresden said:
あの日見た花の名前を僕達はまだ知らない。, you mean.
My keyboard doesn't type those characters. It's loyal.

zeroshiki

Jexhius said:
My keyboard doesn't type those characters. It's loyal.

花咲くいろは!ワイワイ!^_^(笑)

Oh god, we've gone from 4chan to 2ch.

hamchan

I played through Persona 4 and then watched Giant Bomb play through it. I can't handle anymore Persona 4 in any form if it's the same story.

Jerk

Banned
Jexhius said:
I don't know, if she could be a bitch forever that would be fine by me. If you've ever read any stories about how evacuees from the major metropolitan cities of England, and by evacuees I mean children sent on their own by train to live in the countryside, were treated by the people who decided to pick them up from the station it would hardly be "poor writing" to find a child treated cruelly by those who were supposed to look after them.

A character like the one you describe would not fit the show very well.

Jex

Maybe I should actually get around to playing my copy of Persona 4.

Wait, no-one told me this game would be difficult!

Uchip

Banned
Jexhius said:
Maybe I should actually get around to playing my copy of Persona 4.

Im near the end (i think?) of persona 3
the part where the tower is now in rave mode
and the grind got boring

Mai-Hime 23

Jesus christ Shizuru 0_o. This is not going to help the Japanese lesbian community.

And what is with these people and dramatic goodbyes? Now we got Haruka trying to act all badass and she has no clue what's going on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom