• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2011 Anime Thread of ZAWA ZAWA, Money, emo Cyclops, and fun^10xint^40=Ir2

Status
Not open for further replies.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Maria Holic Alive 2: Boop. I think this is probably a case where I find the source material uninteresting/unfunny, because the show does nothing for me on any level. I also can't help but think how cheap it looks - the Shaft haters got me. I think, like Fractale, the Kobayashi X-factor isn't enough to get me to keep watching.

hamchan

but how will they ever capture the moment of running around a dungeon for 3 hours then getting killed losing all your progress!

zeroshiki

firehawk12 said:
Maria Holic Alive 2: Boop. I think this is probably a case where I find the source material uninteresting/unfunny, because the show does nothing for me on any level. I also can't help but think how cheap it looks - the Shaft haters got me. I think, like Fractale, the Kobayashi X-factor isn't enough to get me to keep watching.

You should move to the Omigawa Chiaki bandwagon. Plenty of room.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
zeroshiki said:
You should move to the Omigawa Chiaki bandwagon. Plenty of room.
I have a visiting membership! I quite like the fake boy voice of the actress in Seikon no Breast Milk, so maybe I'll watch more of that instead. :p

Branduil

doomed1 said:
eh... let me rephrase. No closure. I suppose if you REALLY wanted to, you could call that ending a "resolution".
It was about as much closure as that situation could get. The girl had moved on a long time ago and was getting married, he decided to move on too.

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
Dresden said:
Ugh. You may as well hop on the Rie train at that point.
I think obsessing over seiyus like this is moronic. I don't give a shit if Rie voices a trash can. If the writing's shit, there's not alot an actor to do. See: films involving Eddie Murphy. He's done some FANTASTIC parts in the past, but it doesn't help that the majority of his movies suck.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
An anime is more than its story brah. Otherwise I'd compare everything I read to Hemingway (who I'm not too fond of actually)

Dresden

doomed1 said:
I think obsessing over seiyus like this is moronic. I don't give a shit if Rie voices a trash can. If the writing's shit, there's not alot an actor to do. See: films involving Eddie Murphy. He's done some FANTASTIC parts in the past, but it doesn't help that the majority of his movies suck.
Go to hell. Eddie Murphy is my husbando.

zeroshiki

doomed1 said:

Uhh... ok sure. So care to tell us what are the doomed1 approved(tm) reasons I should like anime?

hellclerk

zeroshiki said:
Uhh... ok sure. So care to tell us what are the doomed1 approved(tm) reasons I should like anime?
Action, narrative, animation, characters, character dynamic, writer, animator, director... It's not really very limited... but if you're watching a show for the people voicing, that's more on the studio, the script, and the director than the actor or actress. For example, Jason Lee My Name Is Earl is great, but I won't ever touch any of the Alvan and the Chipmunks movies.

Dresden said:
Go to hell. Eddie Murphy is my husbando.
Oh no, he's a great actor, he just ends up with a ton of shitty scripts.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
doomed1 said:
Action, narrative, animation, characters, character dynamic, writer, animator, director... It's not really very limited... but if you're watching a show for the people voicing, that's more on the studio, the script, and the director than the actor or actress. For example, Jason Lee My Name Is Earl is great, but I won't ever touch any of the Alvan and the Chipmunks movies.
Then you really don't love Jason Lee! I've watched everything he has been in and the man is fantastic.

Dresden

doomed1 said:
It's like you're launching a little rant off a couple people joking around.

Wait, no, VAs are srs business.

Haly

Fans will cut you if you slander their favorite seiyuus.

EDIT: I forgot, serious business.

::backs away slowly::

doomed1 said:
All these can be equally as hit and miss as voice actors/actors, plenty of good directors have put out some real stinkers and vice versa.

Jex

Halycon said:
I mean, I can recognise certain seiyuus but beyond a small group of them I can't say that I really care about the whole thing.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Jexhius said:
I mean, I can recognise certain seiyuus but beyond a small group of them I can't say that I really care about the whole thing.
BTJ39l.jpg

You'd let this man half tuck your shirt, wouldn't you?

hellclerk

Halycon said:
Not slandering, just saying the cults that drive up around them are unnecessary. I actually really do enjoy Rie's work in Toradora! but that's because her script was that good. Shana was dumb fun, and I never saw ZnT (never interested me), but they weren't really that great of scripts, but the woman does good work with tsunderes, since that's what she's scripted. Forget the seiyu, let's rage on the studios for writing such inane tsunderes in the first place!

Dresden said:
It's like you're launching a little rant off a couple people joking around.

Wait, no, VAs are srs business.
Apparently.

Swag

So I got my Gundam Unicorn Blu-Ray yesterday.

I love when shows have the shot of a person falling through the atmosphere, and someone on Earth ( or random planet ) watching it fall thinking it's a shooting star. Makes me feel all fuzzy inside. Although I don't really know what's going on in the show because of the long intervals between each release, I wish they'd have some type of recap at the start. Animation was top notch though!

Articalys

oh shiiiiii-

New Rurouni Kenshin anime is coming

The June issue of Shueisha's Jump Square magazine is announcing on Thursday that production on a new Rurouni Kenshin anime project has been green-lit. More information will be provided in future issues of Jump Square.

The magazine also noted that the Blu-ray Disc versions of the two Rurouni Kenshin original video anime (OVA) projects and the Rurouni Kenshin: Ishin Shishi no Chinkonka [Requiem] film will ship between August 24 and October 26. A compilation CD will ship on July 27. Rurouni Kenshin, Meiji Kenkaku Romantan Saisen, a new game for the Sony PSP system, already shipped last month.
also BD for Trust & Betrayal, no one cares about Reflections

source

Rektash

Jexhius said:
That's considered 'massive fanservice'? Maybe you haven't been exposed to a lot of anime by certain studios.

Aww come on, pulling this card, really? Despite my showing here I don't even care for fanservice in a alot of cases. It is more of an annoyance for me because I thought Iroka was to not going down that path. And yeah, I consider 16 year old bondaged girls as massive fan service, even though this scene was decently funny at least. As well as the visual depiction of a group of 3 underaged girls in a bath starting to get in the groove.

Jexhius said:
I've seen characters dress more revealingly then that bath scene. It was pretty tame.

Again, it is not necessarily how tame something is but rather that Iroka would be just fine without it. It is a good enough show to stand on its own feet without the need to appeal to the creepy audience.

@ new Kenshin
Well I am all for it, since the original anime had more than enough shortcomings.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Articalys said:
oh shiiiiii-

New Rurouni Kenshin anime is coming

also BD for Trust & Betrayal, no one cares about Reflections
BD for trust and betrayal? i want.

Definitely interested in that new kenshin anime project to, wonder if it's going be a adaptation of the Jinchū arc from the manga.

Again, it is not necessarily how tame something is but rather that Iroka would be just fine without it. It is a good enough show to stand on its own feet without the need to appeal to the creepy audience.
What if it was necessary to increase the sales of the show? :D would that be justified?

Rektash

Lafiel said:
What if it was necessary to increase the sales of the show? :D would that be justified?

Of course, they can do whatever they want to to increase their sales. It doesn't mean that I like it though :).

tiff

Banned
Maybe it's because I'm me but I don't mind the show going into sexual humor every once in awhile. I thought it was kinda funny because it certainly didn't play out like I expected it to.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Iroha 3. Okay, I think this episode just about ruined any hopes I had of a dramatic anime. Yuri fanservice here we come! >_<

Seriously, first the guy puts Iroha in rope bondage like an amateur. Okay, random, but whatever. But I threw up my hands and said "Bullshit!" when she glances at the book he drops and then starts instructing him! I kept thinking "No teenage girl, in those circumstances, would EVER react that way!" She'd have to be both into bondage and totally in love with the guy for it to be even remotely believable. And even THAT is doubtful.

On the other hand, nice to know there's slightly more to Nako than just being shy.

InfiniteNine said:
What would her bankai be?

&#35328;&#12360;&#12360;&#12360;&#12360;&#12360;&#12360;&#12360;&#12360;&#12360;&#12360;&#12360;&#12360;&#12360;&#12360;&#12360;&#12360;&#12360;&#12360;&#12360;&#12360;&#12360;&#12360;&#12360;&#12360;&#12360;&#12360;&#12360;&#12360;&#12360;&#12360;&#65281;&#65281;&#65281;&#65281;&#65281;&#65281;

Haly

Ohana is really more unbelievable than the spirit/ghost of a childhood friend who can interact with the material world. At least the latter can be a metaphor for schizophrenia. The former is just ludicrous!

Uchip

Banned
finished watching Trapeze
really good show, but i was surprised they didn't go into any truely serious conditions
and as somebody who has been through more than these characters I was expecting more

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom