• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2011 Anime Thread of ZAWA ZAWA, Money, emo Cyclops, and fun^10xint^40=Ir2

Status
Not open for further replies.

hamchan

Articalys said:
oh shiiiiii-

New Rurouni Kenshin anime is coming

also BD for Trust & Betrayal, no one cares about Reflections

source

OMG OMG. It would be so awesome if they're redoing the whole series again. A proper Jinchu adaptation plz!

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
More than anything, I want a proper soundtrack for the new Kenshin animu. The original BGM was grating as fuck, ops and eds excluded natch.

Uchip

Banned
Regulus Tera said:
More than anything, I want a proper soundtrack for the new Kenshin animu. The original BGM was grating as fuck, ops and eds excluded natch.

It had one good theme
I forget which

Jex

RurouniZel said:
Iroha 3

I kept thinking "No teenage girl, in those circumstances, would EVER react that way!" She'd have to be both into bondage and totally in love with the guy for it to be even remotely believable. And even THAT is doubtful.
Not to attack or defend that scene but, it wasn't asking "what would this girl really do in these circumstances?" it was trying to be light-hearted and comedic by choosing things that wouldn't happen in that situation. Which was the point of that tone.

It's quite right to say you don't like that tone, of course.

7Th

Regulus Tera said:
Sobakasu is not even the best RuroKen opening.

It is. Sobakasu had amazing action sequences animated by Mitsuo Iso himself, both 1/2 and the Siam Shade song that came after it were nothing but a bunch of stills.

zeroshiki

I would kill for a proper Jinchuu adaptation. Actually, screw that. Adapt the whole thing all over again. Give me some more RK love please~~~

Re: BD release of Trust/Betrayal, any chance they make it widescreen? The black bars on my DVD hurts my eyes.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
7Th said:
It is. Sobakasu had amazing action sequences animated by Mitsuo Iso himself, both 1/2 and the Siam Shade song that came after it were nothing but a bunch of stills.

Well I was talking specifically about the songs. Animation-wise it was superior.

Jex

zeroshiki said:
Re: BD release of Trust/Betrayal, any chance they make it widescreen? The black bars on my DVD hurts my eyes.
Huh? You can't change the aspect ratio it was made in.

Cwarrior

Jerk said:
Y'all are breaking my heart.

I really do not want their relationship to be magically mended.

Same goes for Ohana's loser childhood friend. Minko is much more suited for her anyway.

That’s what i fear, the grandma already going soft

If that happens am going out too break something
might as well go and do that now since I know its going to happen

anohana love triangle pretty much already confirmed

anaru liked jinta since childhood, menma likes jinta, glass boy liked menma since childhood and jinta can't get over menma.

So I expect a scene where anaru trying to get close to jinta, but jinta accidental says menma’s name, so she remembers how he still not over her and gets sad.

Uchip

Banned
Steroyd said:
I'm never browsing animeGaf on a public computer ever again, there's a wierd type of tension everytime I click on the pages.

I used to think that people were looking at me and they knew I was the one with the anime avatar...

JKTrix

pieatorium said:
So it's like one of those bad tatoo's people get with poor japanese except your parents gave you the tatoo without consent.
Anal/Anaru is not the name her parents gave her.
Cwarrior said:
That’s what i fear, the grandma already going soft
The Grandma is a professional, this episode made it clear. When it comes to business, she keeps her personal feelings out of it. It doesn't mean that she's a different person when not being the manager. It's obvious that she is fond of both her daughter and grand daughter.

Nobody there actually dislikes Ohana's mother.

Also, if you're talking about Rie Kugimiya I think you should just call her Kugimiya or some other nickname ('Kugyuu' is apparently official). There's another prolific Rie that doesn't deserve to be cast aside like that!

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Jexhius said:
Not to attack or defend that scene but, it wasn't asking "what would this girl really do in these circumstances?" it was trying to be light-hearted and comedic by choosing things that wouldn't happen in that situation. Which was the point of that tone.

It's quite right to say you don't like that tone, of course.

Wel it's not like I have a problem with silly bullshit. But the first two episodes of this show effectively billed it as not-that-sort-of-show, so this shift just really disappointed me.

Cwarrior

Defuser said:
First working season 2 and now a new Kenshin anime?Goddamn fuck yeah! Now I need a announcement for railgun S2.

People like railgun? Never seen it, but seen index s1 which made me wanna smash my head open,mainly cause of toma.

What’s the difference between the two?

Steroyd

Cwarrior said:
People like railgun? Never seen it, but seen index s1 which made me wanna smash my head open.

What’s the difference between the two?

Railgun = 100% Science goodness.

Index = 70% Church shite 30% Science goodness.

Ah can't forget to mention Railgun is Completely devoid of loli nun Index, Tsuma has a cameo frame but that's it.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I hope it's like Trust/Betrayal and not the second OVA or the anime.

(THERE I SAID IT)

Uncontroversial opinion is uncontroversial.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Regulus Tera said:
I'm going to assume you're talking about the TV show, but even that had a handful of good BGM.

Joule

flawfuls said:
Oh I didn't know there were making a Katteni Kaizo anime. Is shaft doing it?
Yeah it's Shaft and of course it's Shinbo.

New Kenshin. That is something else. I just want more Saitou.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
flawfuls said:
Is that supposed to be an unpopular opinion? Because it really shouldn't be.
I dunno, some people seem to like the anime. I watched Trust/Betrayal first and cannot understand them at all. I gave up after one episode of the series because if I shook my head any harder it would fall off.

Jason's Thin Slicing Post (do not read (haha dats sum reverse psychology oh wait crap) if you are part of the monocle brigade): I'm surprised he reviewed the yaoi show. I'm also surprised he put Deadman Wonderland so high when it's received nothing but flak on here (except for cosmic). Still, he was a fan of the manga so that's probably it. I would be surprised at Nichijou at #1 if anyone here reviewed all the first episodes in one go, but this being Jason I am not surprised at all.

I'm glad at least that the moe hasn't diminished his writing abilities.

Jex

Halycon said:
Jason's Thin Slicing Post (do not read (haha dats sum reverse psychology oh wait crap) if you are part of the monocle brigade): I'm surprised he reviewed the yaoi show. I'm also surprised he put Deadman Wonderland so high when it's received nothing but flak on here (except for cosmic). Still, he was a fan of the manga so that's probably it. I would be surprised at Nichijou at #1 if anyone here reviewed all the first episodes in one go, but this being Jason I am not surprised at all.
I always follow Jason and I'm apparently part of the monocle brigade, what does that make me?

Anyway, I turn to his posts for entertainment, not to see if I agree with his opinion (Nichijou no. 1? [C] no. 28, dead last, below ASTAROTTE NO OMOCHA? lol indeed).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom