• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2011 Anime Thread of ZAWA ZAWA, Money, emo Cyclops, and fun^10xint^40=Ir2

Status
Not open for further replies.

zeroshiki

If this is Endless Eight, then Hitokage is the one who has to sit through it over and over and then finally gets pissed off and attempts a reboot of the whole thing?

Will I9 get "disappeared"?

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
hosannainexcelsis said:
You seem like a sensible person, but I've never heard those words distinguished in that way before.
Elitist implies a belief of classes, that some people are better than others. This is not accurate. Snob however is a description of taste, something that it's particularly exclusive to others, just the person being described. I'm also a beer snob and when people drink Bud lite or Coors I look on in horror, give them a good natured ribbing, but don't actually think less of them for it.

It's really just semantic bullshit, but since I'm a fan of Derrida, everything is semantic bullshit! :D

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
zeroshiki said:
If this is Endless Eight, then Hitokage is the one who has to sit through it over and over and then finally gets pissed off and attempts a reboot of the whole thing?

I9 will ask Hito to go back in time to stop him from becoming a GAF member.

jman2050

zeroshiki said:

In the disappeared timeline Infi never discovers lolicon and grows up into a social well-adjusted adult.

cj_iwakura

Haruhi Season 1's (proper) final episode always irked me. He had the stones to kiss her(in a dream anyway), and nothing came of it.

Not that I know of anyway.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
icarus-daedelus said:
It only has meaning when you experience it in the moment as it's happening. It will be meaningless in the future when the thread is locked/archived. ;p
I bet in the Summer thread we'll talk about:

1) K-On sucks
2) Moe sucks
3) Mecha/Gundam (sucks)
4) Utena is god tier
5) Bones/DEEN/Bee Train sucks
6) KyoAni should make more FMP
7) Where is Spice and Wolf S3?
8) Straight people colonizing queer spaces (??!??!?!?!)
9) Man-love is best-love
10) SHAFT is the worst studio ever

Hellsing321 said:
Wait Bandai is doing the 3-4 episodes per vol. Thing for K-On here? LOL
BECAUSE K-ON IS THE NEXT BIG THING SO WE MUST MILK IT.

zeroshiki said:

Hito or duckroll is definitely the Nagato of this thread.

Risette

A Good Citizen
Hellsing321 said:
Wait Bandai is doing the 3-4 episodes per vol. Thing for K-On here? LOL
Yeah, it's pretty ridiculous. I love K-ON but not $120 for a two year old 13 episode series love.

lolbandai

Halycon said:
Man, this looks like a goddam flash game.

Ryukishi's art cannot be described as good, but it has a certain charm once you get to know it.

doomed1 said:
Elitist implies a belief of classes, that some people are better than others. This is not accurate. Snob however is a description of taste, something that it's particularly exclusive to others, just the person being described. I'm also a beer snob and when people drink Bud lite or Coors I look on in horror, give them a good natured ribbing, but don't actually think less of them for it.

It's really just semantic bullshit, but since I'm a fan of Derrida, everything is semantic bullshit! :D

I'm no expert on the subject, but the dictionary definition of snob is "a person who believes himself or herself an expert or connoisseur in a given field and is condescending toward or disdainful of those who hold other opinions." So I still don't understand why you use that word when you claim you're not being disdainful of others. Not a big deal, though.

cj_iwakura said:
Haruhi Season 1's (proper) final episode always irked me. He had the stones to kiss her(in a dream anyway), and nothing came of it.

Not that I know of anyway.

Trying to extend narratives forever by never letting the central romantic tension go anywhere annoys me.

jman2050

Aigis said:
Yeah, it's pretty ridiculous. I love K-ON but not $120 for a two year old 13 episode series love.

lolbandai

$120 for 13 episodes of K-On

$70 for 25 episodes of Toradora

I think the facts speak for themselves.

Nonoriri

If your name is Nonoriri you have to go buy Nanami's tampons.
jman2050 said:

But Toradora is not on Blu-ray.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Where is Spice and Wolf Season 3?

And since someone wanted an image bomb from me. Here's Holo riding a Narwhal

103wwsp.jpg

Risette

A Good Citizen
jman2050 said:

But K-ON is in HD!

And it's better. Also, NIS DVDs kinda suck.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
jman2050 said:

Lets be fair, The NIS box sets are amazing with the included hardcover artbook/epsiode/character guide.

Branduil

Dresden said:
I think he just sees holes in the show and finds it distasteful. It's like two people looking at a hunk of swiss cheese. One sees nothing wrong with it. The other dreams of suppositories.
Swiss Cheese is the bomb.

cj_iwakura

hosannainexcelsis said:
Trying to extend narratives forever by never letting the central romantic tension go anywhere annoys me.

KareKano actually subverts this trope.

But then nothing else happens.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Is it just me or does the Koumajou Densetsu art look almost exactly like one of Kojima's renaissance-esque paintings?

I mean it's uncanny, she's like Soma Cruz with boobs.

Uchip

Banned
DrForester said:
Here's Holo riding a Narwhal

awesome.

doomed1
at least we agree that kyubey is the best character in the show
and to be fair he does mention that magi defy reason, so his lecture on heat death isnt ALL lies :)

zeroshiki

icarus-daedelus said:
Heh. That sounds about right, although I think Evangelion could/should/would figure more prominently than an implicit mention in #3. By the way, I keep forgetting to ask, did you ever get around to watching/finishing Utena?

But Eva isn't mecha!

(and away we gooooooooo!)

NotebookJ2 said:
Wow, do these topics always grow this fast? I can't keep up.

Everyone is just gonna be really stupid until the season actually starts. Then they'll be slightly less stupid. It goes quickly when everyone is restless. That's why more than half the Madoka thread has no meaningful discussion.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
icarus-daedelus said:
Heh. That sounds about right, although I think Evangelion could/should/would figure more prominently than an implicit mention in #3. By the way, I keep forgetting to ask, did you ever get around to watching/finishing Utena?
Hah, I need to get back to episode 14 actually. I took a break and just forgot. :(

And how could I forget the Asuka spam! That's going to happen again for sure.

tiff

Banned
cosmicblizzard said:
Everyone is just gonna be really stupid until the season actually starts. Then they'll be slightly less stupid. It goes quickly when everyone is restless. That's why more than half the Madoka thread has no meaningful discussion.
I don't know if things slow down that much but discussion will be slightly more topical, yeah.

zeroshiki

firehawk12 said:
Hah, I need to get back to episode 14 actually. I took a break and just forgot. :(

And how could I forget the Asuka spam! That's going to happen again for sure.

The aneurysms people around here got with all the Asuka avatars was pretty funny.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
I Am Now said:
Is this like, based off an anime or something? I'm so intrigued!

Just stumbled across the wikia and I feel like I fell into the rabbit's hole.
Loosely based off the Touhou games characters and Castlevania!

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Considering the roster of "watchable" shows this season (and certain new, uh, posters), I think this level of activity might be maintainable.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
zeroshiki said:
The aneurysms people around here got with all the Asuka avatars was pretty funny.
Oh god, yes. Sadly, that was why I broke my anime avatar cherry and went with a darn Misato avatar.

Aigis said:
But K-ON is in HD!

And it's better. Also, NIS DVDs kinda suck.
NIS is good now, or so I hear.
Actually, Bandai fucked up the Haruhi S2 DVDs... so blah.

Halycon said:
Considering the roster of "watchable" shows this season (and certain new, uh, posters), I think this level of activity might be maintainable.
Well, the thread will be ABF and mAc debating some obtuse show and me and Jex debating some even more obtuse show.

Just you watch.

iavi

Halycon said:

Yeah, I don't see it slowing down much at all.

zeroshiki

firehawk12 said:
Oh god, yes. Sadly, that was why I broke my anime avatar cherry and went with a darn Misato avatar.

That was great. It forced guys like you and mac to actually get avatars to stem the tide.

Well, the thread will be ABF and mAc debating some obtuse show and me and Jex debating some even more obtuse show.

Just you watch.

macodin and ABF will be debating about minor details like pantsu color in the worst harem show of the season and you and Jex will be talking about metaphysical sadness or some such in whatever show the monocle people like.

Branduil

cosmicblizzard said:
cosmicblizzard's totally accurate and unbiased elitist ranking list of animu thread regulars:

Class S: Super Monocle People
1. Branduil and Jexhius (tied)
3. Nonoriri

Class A: Fake Monocle People
4. Macodin
5. 7th
6. Jerk

Class B: Refined Retina Displacement Theory
7. Aigis
8. doomed1
9. icarus-daedelus
10. Lafiel
11. trejo
12. shintoki
13. ABF
14. Jman2050
15. Drforester
16. Halycon

Class C: All around mustache club
17. Dresden, flawfuls, Kuwabaratheman (3 way tie)
20. cosmicblizzard, steroyd, Lain, infinite justice (4 way tie)
24. tiff
25. Infinitenine
Unlike the wall of shame, this is one list it's okay to be on top of.

Really though, firehawk is a huge omission. There's no way he isn't at least Class A.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom