• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2011 Anime Thread of ZAWA ZAWA, Money, emo Cyclops, and fun^10xint^40=Ir2

Status
Not open for further replies.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Halycon said:
I resent that list, if only because flawfuls is a distinguished gentleman and scholarly appreciator of the arts.
That's why I trust him! He's mingles with all walks of life in search for quality!

Risette

A Good Citizen
cosmicblizzard said:
cosmicblizzard's totally accurate and unbiased elitist ranking list of animu thread regulars:

Class S: Super Monocle People
1. Branduil and Jexhius (tied)
3. Nonoriri

Class A: Fake Monocle People
4. Macodin
5. 7th
6. Jerk

Class B: Refined Retina Displacement Theory
7. Aigis
8. doomed1
9. icarus-daedelus
10. Lafiel
11. trejo
12. shintoki
13. ABF
14. Jman2050
15. Drforester
16. Halycon

Class C: All around mustache club
17. Dresden, flawfuls, Kuwabaratheman (3 way tie)
20. cosmicblizzard, steroyd, Lain, infinite justice (4 way tie)
24. tiff
25. Infinitenine
Yay, I'm more elitist than over half the people on this list!

...I'm not sure if this is a good thing. Is it?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
InfiniteNine said:
That's why I trust him! He's mingles with all walks of life in search for quality!
Indeed! No smoke and mirrors about him, he goes where the quality is, no more no less.

DrForester said:
To scared to rank the mods I see....

Hito used to be in rank S, but he doesn't post as much anymore. Duck would probably be between B and C. Shouta doesn't post enough to know.

Miri said:
And I don't even make the list... :( I don't know whether I should feel bad, or better, about that.

Missed a few people. You're in C.

Halycon said:
I resent that list, if only because flawfuls is a distinguished gentleman and scholarly appreciator of the arts.

But he isn't a jerk about it. Therefore he is worthy of the mustache club.

jman2050

cosmicblizzard said:
cosmicblizzard's totally accurate and unbiased elitist ranking list of animu thread regulars:

3. Nonoriri

4. Macodin
5. 7th
6. Jerk

7. Aigis
8. doomed1
9. icarus-daedelus
10. Lafiel
11. trejo
12. shintoki
13. ABF
14. Jman2050
15. Drforester
16. Halycon

24. tiff
25. Infinitenine

There's no way I can be above Dresden and Forester, I call bullshit.

InfiniteNine said:
Yeah, but you guys have to live in Australia the land of wallet raping video game prices.
I remember paying $400 for my PS1, I waited for the price to drop down from its $700(might have been $800 dont exactlly remember) launch price

Uchip

Banned
Infinite Justice said:
icalledit.gif lol :p

as for your post not a big fan of placing all media in that "academic" limelight as it makes it way too critical imo. I'm in it to be entertained first, everything else can come after.

Anime is escapism.
also I find it hilarious that he continuously flaunts being an "intellectual" in such a snide way as if to say his opinion is all that matters.

yet he likes ore no imouto because he has little sisters? lmao
yeah im done

cosmicblizzard said:

3. Nonoriri

4. Macodin
5. 7th
6. Jerk

7. Aigis
8. doomed1
9. icarus-daedelus
10. Lafiel
11. trejo
12. shintoki
13. ABF
14. Jman2050
15. Drforester
16. Halycon

24. tiff
25. Infinitenine
I don't even rank? I'm offended. I try so hard too. :(

jman2050

Uchip said:
Anime is escapism.
also I find it hilarious that he continuously flaunts being an "intellectual" in such a snide way as if to say his opinion is all that matters.

yet he likes ore no imouto because he has little sisters? lmao
yeah im done

In all fairness there is no real way to articulate something from an intellectual perspective without sounding snide. It just comes with the territory.

Uchip

Banned
jman2050 said:
In all fairness there is no real way to articulate something from an intellectual perspective without sounding snide. It just comes with the territory.

then why the fuck would he watch anime and not be masturbating to Carl Sagan seminars

Haly

Has Kino avatar, likes OreImo, thinks Madoka is meh.

He's like the second coming of firehawk, except firehawk never left.

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
Infinite Justice said:
icalledit.gif :p

as for your post not a big fan of placing all media in that "academic" limelight as it makes it way too critical imo. I'm in it to be entertained first, everything else can come after.
Eh, it's like pringles, once you pop, you just can't stop. I am physically incapable of NOT looking at a work of media academically. However, that's not to say that I can't enjoy a piece of media even if my academic assessment says it's shit. That's what guilty pleasures are for, like Fallout Boy's "Dance Dance".

Also, I wish I was #9, cause then I'd be strongest >:D
d9otL.jpg

jman2050

Shit I was hoping this thread would stave off Touhou for just a bit longer, that's a whole nother can o worms right there.

Miri said:
You can't be an elitist and enjoy K-ON.

That's a unique case. We all know K-On sucks, but a person's elitism directly depends on how one goes about flaunting their love of a clearly terrible show like that.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Also for those interested in the K-ON! BDs:

Hello Jessica,

Hope all is well. In regards to your question we are no longer doing a K-ON! Volume 1 LE.

Thank you very much for your support and have a wonderful day.

Best,
BEI Customer Support

hosannainexcelsis said:
Cave games may be better, but do they have as awesome a fanbase? I think not.
Also awesome fan games!
acfme1.jpg

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
OreImo 13

I did not know they are making more, anyone know how many more episode they are making? Does that mean there are no season 2?

Kuroneko <3! Yaoi girl appearance is the funniest moment in the entire show.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
cosmicblizzard said:

3. Nonoriri

4. Macodin
5. 7th
6. Jerk

7. Aigis
8. doomed1
9. icarus-daedelus
10. Lafiel
11. trejo
12. shintoki
13. ABF
14. Jman2050
15. Drforester
16. Halycon

24. tiff
25. Infinitenine
Is this good or bad for me? I mean... I'm right next to ABF. This is worrying. I don't want to start making 12 chain quotes!

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
hosannainexcelsis said:
Cave games may be better, but do they have as awesome a fanbase? I think not.
Err no, the touhou fanbase is one of the worst in existence, we should be glad that our thread is mostly free of them.>_> unless we have a few hidden fans here..

tiff

Banned
cosmicblizzard said:
Is...is being the opposite of an elitist a good thing?

Aigis said:
Ew, Touhou. Everyone knows Cave games are better in every way.

Shmumpmf elitism!
Speaking of Cave games, Deathsmiles came in the mail this week! Once I get done with Rorona and Neptunia, it's loli time.

InfiniteNine said:
Also for those interested in the K-ON! BDs:
...Jessica?

Haly

What I know about Touhou I learned from IOSYS's FOE video.

jman2050

Uchip said:
So you study literature?
well meet someone who studied media design :)
Seriously, I think you are out of your mind juxtaposing anime to reality.

Oh snap

Grudge match Uchip vs doomed1

Heaven or Hell, Let's Rock!

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
Uchip said:
So you study literature?
well meet someone who studied media design :)
Seriously, I think you are out of your mind juxtaposing anime to reality.
I also study media design. My roots are in literature so I just tend to classify media in general as literature in some regard. And I'll juxtapose anime to whatever I feel is relevant thank you. Y'see, ultimately, anime is a form of storytelling, and likewise comes from human experience. I can relate my personal experiences as an eldest sibling and my experiences with a rock band in high school to OreImo and K-ON respectively. If you can't, too bad. That means your experience is that much different from mine or I have a different perspective on it. You wanna talk about elitism? You're being worse than I am, and for what? a disagreement on tastes? Please, that's Subjectivity 101.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
icarus-daedelus said:
What are we supposed to talk about man, Spring Anime?

Oh god, the image flirting is back! Abandon ship!
Considering it's going be weeks before we even get to see the stand-out spring show, the craziness will probably persist for a number of days + weeks.

Speaking of Cave games, Deathsmiles came in the mail this week! Once I get done with Rorona and Neptunia, it's loli time.
Nice coincidence the only games I've been playing lately (besides crysis 2) is deathsmiles + mushihime-sama futari.,

Risette

A Good Citizen
I've tried to get into Touhou games but I just couldn't. The levels are just too long and they end up being boring.

Also, I find the music really annoying and end up turning it off. The Touhou music fanbase is something that really boggles my mind.

Anyways...so how bout them spring animes

Uchip

Banned
doomed1 said:
I also study media design. My roots are in literature so I just tend to classify media in general as literature in some regard. And I'll juxtapose anime to whatever I feel is relevant thank you. Y'see, ultimately, anime is a form of storytelling, and likewise comes from human experience. I can relate my personal experiences as an eldest sibling and my experiences with a rock band in high school to OreImo and K-ON respectively. If you can't, too bad. That means your experience is that much different from mine or I have a different perspective on it. You wanna talk about elitism? You're being worse than I am, and for what? a disagreement on tastes? Please, that's Subjectivity 101.

ok
have fun enjoying one show per year :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom