• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2011 Anime Thread of ZAWA ZAWA, Money, emo Cyclops, and fun^10xint^40=Ir2

Status
Not open for further replies.

7Th

Early 00's TV anime, produced during the time studios were still getting used to digital coloring and finishing, look ugly as sin.

Jex

InfiniteNine said:
Bah, the people in the Kenshin thread piss me off with their ignorance. Do people really ignore everything and just bitch about moe all the time? I mean we got some fucking Kaiji this season for fucks sake!
You've arrived at the pinnacle of modern anime fandom, congratulations! We were all like that once...

Jex

InfiniteNine said:
I wasn't. ):
I mean your response to their opinion, not their opinion.

You're at the stage where it bothers you, but one day you get to pass into the realm of not giving a kittens kaboodle.

I only watched Kenshin on Toonami and thought it was okay but I mostly just wathced it because it was on Toonami and it didn't really do anything for me. Then, years later, I saw Trust and Betrayal and jizzed in my pants.

shintoki said:
S-Cryed was enjoyable.

Straight Cougar.

Straight Cougar is the manliest of all manly men.

s-Cry-ed was such an amazing show. I really didn't expect much going into it, but I wound up loving the hell out of the whole series.

ollin

kiunchbb said:
Berserker deserve more than a movie, need another 50+ episodes to cover up to whatever happened in the manga so far.
Then they'll do 20 movies, as long as the box office doesn't suck.

If the movies are successful and Miura starts raking in the money maybe that's enough motivation to continue the manga on a bi-weekly schedule. Probably not the next Idolmaster will delay the manga for another 6 months. :(

Solune

Hellsing321 said:
The World God Only Knows II 2
My heart could barely take the HNNNNNGH from this episode. And suddenly Haqua appears.
Must... Get home... to watch... noww..

RK anime
Regulas Tera is crazy, OST in original Kenshin is awesome. Moderately hyped for the new anime.

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
Jexhius said:
I mean your response to their opinion, not their opinion.

You're at the stage where it bothers you, but one day you get to pass into the realm of not giving a kittens kaboodle.
Wooooooooo! Apathy!

Thats strange, I never post in here why do I feel drawn to this thread today...
Silh said:
Not a 90's anime, but… as terrible as it is, Scryed is getting remastered.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2011-04-08/scryed-alteration-remastering-to-add-new-footage
Oh yes! My most favoritest show. I used to have VHS tapes from when I taped it off of cartoon network. Everything up until the midpoint is perfect. A shame about that weak second half and shame on you for calling it terrible

While we're at it lets edit G Gundam down to about half the lenght

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Hellsing321 said:
The World God Only Knows II 2
My heart could barely take the HNNNNNGH from this episode. And suddenly Haqua appears.
Library girl arc > all.
But I can't imagine the show being that visually evocative again.

I totally forgot that at the end of each arc, everyone forgets what happens and life moves on. :lol

Risette

A Good Citizen
People liked S-cry-ed? I remember watching it back on Adult Swim back in the day and I thought it was pretty terrible. I was like 8-10 (probably 9) then too.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
firehawk12 said:
Library girl arc > all.

I totally forgot that at the end of each arc, everyone forgets what happens and life moves on. :lol
Well... that changes later on but it won't be covered by the anime.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
InfiniteNine said:
Well... that changes later on but it won't be covered by the anime.
Yup, so I heard. I wonder how they're going to end this show, since they must have seen the bomba numbers for the first half-season when they were working on these episodes.

firehawk12 said:
Library girl arc > all.

But isn't that so mono no aware?!

vocab

Scryed was decent. Not amazing, but it is a sunrise show (fun, colorful, good music). Tiger and Bunny is like this generations Scryed, but with improvements. Scryed took it self a little too serious.

jman2050

Aigis said:
People liked S-cry-ed? I remember watching it back on Adult Swim back in the day and I thought it was pretty terrible. I was like 8-10 (probably 9) then too.

Wait, hold on, how old are you now?

trejo

All I can remember about Scryed is that I thought it was pretty awesome but I remember nothing about the thing other than the two dudes just duking it out in the end.

UberTag said:
Nah... Geass isn't even 5 years old yet.
Far too recent to merit a remaster treatment.
Is it GunXSword?

Dresden

Ryvius?

twgok2:

i've never liked kusunoki, and i'm just glad it didn't get the kanon treatment by being dragged out for three, four episodes. haqua up next; all it reminds me is that we'll never get the yui GODou arc.

Geneijin

Lafiel said:
What if it was necessary to increase the sales of the show? :D would that be justified?
Edit: Sadly, they must survive somehow. For some, it's about trying to sustain themselves (barely), not increased sales. AnoHana is no exception.

Halycon said:
Ohana is really more unbelievable than the spirit/ghost of a childhood friend who can interact with the material world. At least the latter can be a metaphor for schizophrenia. The former is just ludicrous!
Too soon. There isn't even a 2nd episode out yet!

Instro said:
Huh, so people arnt liking C that much then? I saw the first episode the other day it didnt seem all that bad. Some of the cgi was shitty, but the rest of it seemed interesting enough.
I think my expectations of |C| were elevated with the hype about the director, and I've very much enjoyed it so far. The animation budget really knocks it down a notch or two below the other Spring '11 shows, but it shows a lot of promise. Still too lazy to read Mandoric's posts to fully understand how the battles work although I really should or I'll probably be lost when Episode 2 airs.

InfiniteNine said:
Bah, the people in the Kenshin thread piss me off with their ignorance. Do people really ignore everything and just bitch about moe all the time? I mean we got some fucking Kaiji this season for fucks sake!
It's the same tripe from the moe/loli thread. If they want to overly generalize what character designs qualify as moe crap, let them. It's their ignorance they want to wallow in. They want more broe, not moe, which is fine, but it's slightly amusing how Broken Blade gets a pass as long as it isn't "moe crap."

Dresden said:
That just irks me, somewhat. I know that most bloggers don't have anything to say, and just want hits, but still.
Soma II is one of the greatest animus in years over the Boobs Blade series, and HanaIro and AnoHana are both moe/loli crap. You should read my blog.

Dresden said:
Ryvius?

twgok2:

i've never liked kusunoki, and i'm just glad it didn't get the kanon treatment by being dragged out for three, four episodes. haqua up next; all it reminds me is that we'll never get the yui GODou arc.

Just hope the sales are better for this one.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I know macodin's like. 59 or something.

I remember that you're 30-ish

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom