• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2011 Anime Thread of ZAWA ZAWA, Money, emo Cyclops, and fun^10xint^40=Ir2

Status
Not open for further replies.
firehawk12 said:
Seikai-ichi Hatsukoi 3: , and I think this will be my shoujo romance fix for the season. It's still really shitty shoujo, but I guess beggars can't be choosers (or I need to start watching more live action drama).

One funny thing is that in straight shoujo, characters can't kiss, where as here the third episode ends in what most people would consider a sexual assault/attempted rape. I guess when it's two guys, it doesn't matter.

Attempted? But he didnt do anything more to Onodera than he did on the chair in the lounge of the office in the episode after turning in the prints to the publishing department. Hm shoujo, I guess its only the second series in the genre Ive watched, so I can only compare it to half a season of yumeiro patissiere sp...Im afraid that the plot in Seikaiichi will fall apart or have many dry parts during episodes if they do not incorporate more drama between the manga portion of the job (like in episode 2 with the woman drawing the page spread), though fortunately its not a longer running show.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Dedication Through Light said:
Attempted? But he didnt do anything more to Onodera than he did on the chair in the lounge of the office in the episode after turning in the prints to the publishing department. Hm shoujo, I guess its only the second series in the genre Ive watched, so I can only compare it to half a season of yumeiro patissiere sp...Im afraid that the plot in Seikaiichi will fall apart or have many dry parts during episodes if they do not incorporate more drama between the manga portion of the job (like in episode 2 with the woman drawing the page spread), though fortunately its not a longer running show.
Dude knocked him to the floor and started trying to put things into orifices!
And, like shoujo, I expect the love triangle to crop up and some random excuses for them not to get together until the last episode.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Hitokage said:
Which is exactly what was wrong with the show.

Could be worse. It could have gone the "Key the Metal Idol" route. Do a 13 episode series with no real background given, then do a 90 minute episode that is nothing but flashbacks and background info.

Steroyd

mAcOdin said:
I don't get it, so you'd be ok with him sniffing her shit say a week after her death but a few years later it's now weird?

It's all creepy no matter what, it's the difference between creepy lolicon raper dude and creepy raper dude.

I just find the creepyness goes up a notch if he's been sniffing her clothes for 5 years with his last memory of her srill being a 10 year old.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Week vs years is definitely a big difference. For one, you'd think he'd have gotten over her. Two, why did he keep it all those years, that's just insane. I mean it's not like a gift or anything, it's her possibly ill-gotten clothes.

vocab

So I'm following:

Tiger and Bunny
Kaiji
C
Steins;Gate

Is there anything else that fits with above this season? C is batshit insane so if there's anything that is just as ridiculous let me know. If it is Seinen, that's a plus.

Halycon said:
Week vs years is definitely a big difference. For one, you'd think he'd have gotten over her. Two, why did he keep it all those years, that's just insane. I mean it's not like a gift or anything, it's her possibly ill-gotten clothes.
Well the point of the show is that none of them have gotten over her death yet. It doesnt matter how long has passed. if you still haven't gotten over their death you aren't going to throw out things that remind you of them. Yeah it's a little weird he has part of her dress but people all cope in their own way.

Steroyd

Pretty Rhythm Aurora Daream - 01

Watching this made me realise how awesome an ice skating battle shojou could be.

This however sucks, awful CG that is close to Heartcath Precures's CG, infact I got HP on ice vibes all round.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
firehawk12 said:
Dude knocked him to the floor and started trying to put things into orifices!
And, like shoujo, I expect the love triangle to crop up and some random excuses for them not to get together until the last episode.
Won't happen. Rivals do appear, but each episode is normally more self-contained. They'll be doing the deed well before the end too.

Cwarrior

denpa onna ep2

Don’t think I ever seen a show with this much moe, the levels of moe coming off this show could be very dangerous to your health.
Every has that same moe face even the guy and 39 year old aunt,also the opening is very moe.

episode was ok really interested to find out happen to that girl.

LayLa

Aria the Origination 9

I said "OH SHIT" out loud
when Athena went for Alice's second glove. Then ... the room got a little dusty. That's my excuse anyway....

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
Hidan no Aria 2
Still BEST show of the season. Seriously, so much WINNING and TIGER BLOOD packed into this show I vaguely suspect it was written by Charlie Sheen. The addition of the Yandere is BRILLIANT. Also, STEAM. Something refreshing is that the combat harem that's developing actually likes him for good reasons. The Yandere because she's FUCKING NUTS, and the tsundere because getting saved apparently makes her wet or something.

The hard-boiled detective tropes sprinkled so casually throughout the show are pretty refreshing. Still, nothing beats the fact that his abilities are boner powered. :lol

vocab said:
So I'm following:

Tiger and Bunny
Kaiji
C
Steins;Gate

Is there anything else that fits with above this season? C is batshit insane so if there's anything that is just as ridiculous let me know. If it is Seinen, that's a plus.

Enma-kun is definitely ridiculous. Toriko is also good. Might also want to check out Deadman Wonderland and Blue Exorcist.

Haly

A ronin is a term used to describe someone who is trying to pass University examination (sort of like SATs) in order to go to college, usually after the first time during high school. University exams typically occur in spring, and only once a year.

Haly

No wonder I could never find that page on wiki, it had the dash over the o.

Corrected!

JKTrix

Steroyd said:
Pretty Rhythm Aurora Daream - 01

Watching this made me realise how awesome an ice skating battle shojou could be.

This however sucks, awful CG that is close to Heartcath Precures's CG, infact I got HP on ice vibes all round.
I tried this when it broadcasted, but couldn't stomach the opening scenes which were live action. There was an older woman in some costume and 3 little girls talking about the show...in a room completely filled with merchandise for the program. They were talking about the merchandise and how nice it would be to have all of it. Before the show actually even started.

I didn't get past that live action scene.

JKTrix

The hell Crunchyroll, halfway through the 2nd episode of Deadman Wonderland and there have been two lines of dialogue where the subtitles simply said "?".

Mind you, one of them was gibberish (and would have been better to not have any attempt at subtitles), but the other one was a pretty proper sentence.

Edit: Episode is over. I kind of dislike this show, probably won't watch another episode.

Go_Ly_Dow

Ano Hana 2

Watching people a group of teenagers rediscovering their love for Pokemon was great. Massive nostalgia overload!

Dress sniffing scene was a little creepy but it was fairly timid so I wasn't shocked or anything.

Looking forward to episode 3.

[C] 2

The animation quality is very low budget compared to the other spring shows I've seen. I guess the quirkiness and strangeness of the whole show has kept me interested so far, enough for me to check out episode 3.

Digimon Xros Wars 33:
NeoVamdemon appears! His talk with Taiki and then subsequent owning of everyone was just awesome. That ending was especially fantastic. Vampire Land as a whole looks especially cool, and I was touched by the story of the Chocomon/Lopmon village. Kiriha was really self-destructive this week, though. Why the hell did he think he could win the fight with MetalGreymon alone?

Also, Nene cosplaying as LadyDevimon. All over my face.

Vox-Pop

Contains Sucralose
Honey and Clover has to be the most hate-able anime of all time. The ending is daddy-issue terrible and the whole gang deserves to be beaten.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
shintoki said:
Won't happen. Rivals do appear, but each episode is normally more self-contained. They'll be doing the deed well before the end too.
Wow, that's amazing. :lol
I take it you've read the source text?

LayLa said:
Aria the Origination 9

I said "OH SHIT" out loud
when Athena went for Alice's second glove. Then ... the room got a little dusty. That's my excuse anyway....
Hah, that was a great moment. You're almost at the end!

Jexhius said:
Well, obviously!

Damn, the dude has some pretty contradictory tastes.

Sket Dance 3

Should've realized last week, but it looks like they're going out of order. Not a problem for now while things are still episodic. Good episode. Momoka's introduction was handled well.

Anyone know how the ratings are? Want to know if this will survive as long as the manga.

Dresden

cosmicblizzard said:
Anyone know how the ratings are? Want to know if this will survive as long as the manga.
April 4 - 10 said:
18.7%(20.0%) 04/10 18:30-19:00 CX* Sazae-san
12.9%(12.9%) 04/10 18:00-18:30 CX* Chibi Maruko-chan
11.6%(--.-%) 04/08 19:29-21:48 EX* Doraemon x Crayon Shin-chan Special (Part 2)
*9.8%(--.-%) 04/08 19:00-19:29 EX* Doraemon x Crayon Shin-chan Special (Part 1)
*9.7%(10.8%) 04/10 *9:30-10:00 CX* One Piece
*9.4%(10.2%) 04/09 18:00-18:30 NTV Detective Conan
*8.0%(--.-%) 04/10 17:00-17:30 TBS Manga Nippon no Mukashibanashi (Special)
*7.9%(*9.4%) 04/10 *9:00-*9:30 CX* Toriko
*5.3%(*6.5%) 04/07 19:00-19:30 TX* Pokemon Best Wishes!
*5.2%(*4.6%) 04/09 *8:35-*9:00 ETV Osaru no George
-------------------------------
*5.1%(*4.6%) 04/10 *8:30-*9:00 EX* Suite PreCure ♪
*4.4%(--.-%) 04/06 19:00-19:27 TX* Inazuma Eleven
*4.4%(--.-%) 04/06 19:27-19:55 TX* Danball Senki
*4.3%(--.-%) 04/09 *9:30-*10:00 TX* Jewelpet Sunshine (New)
*3.8%(*4.8%) 04/07 19:30-20:00 TX* Naruto Shippuuden
*3.0%(--.-%) 04/04 18:00-18:30 TX* Gintama' (New)
*3.0%(--.-%) 04/09 *9:00-*9:30 TX* Tottoko Hamtaro Dechu (New)
*2.9%(--.-%) 04/07 18:00-18:30 TX* Sket Dance (New)
*2.7%(--.-%) 04/09 *10:00-*10:30 TX* Pretty Rhythm - Aurora Dream (New)
*2.7%(--.-%) 04/09 *10:30-*11:00 TX* Fairy Tail (new timeslot)
*2.4%(*2.9%) 04/10 *7:00-*7:30 EX* Battle Spirits: Brave
*2.4%(*1.8%) 04/09 *8:00-*8:30 TX* Cardfight!! Vanguard
*2.3%(--.-%) 04/05 25:34-26:04 NTV Gyakkyou Burai Kaiji - Hakairoku-hen (New)
*2.2%(*1.7%) 04/05 18:00-18:30 TX* Bleach
*2.1%(*2.8%) 04/08 16:30-17:00 NTV Soreike! Anpanman
*2.0%(*2.3%) 04/10 *6:30-*7:00 EX* Digimon Xros Wars
*2.0%(*1.7%) 04/10 *7:00-*7:30 NTV Beelzebub
*2.0%(--.-%) 04/05 17:30-18:00 TX* Keroro Gunsou (Rerun)
*1.6%(--.-%) 04/07 25:25-25:55 TBS Kämpfer - für die Liebe (Special)
*1.4%(*1.6%) 04/10 *6:00-*6:30 EX* Crayon Shin-chan × Digimon
*1.4%(--.-%) 04/08 26:20-26:50 TBS A Channel (New)
*1.3%(*1.3%) 04/04 25:30-26:00 TX* Level E (End)
*1.2%(--.-%) 04/08 26:50-27:20 TBS Dororon Enma-kun Meeramera (New)
*0.9%(*0.9%) 04/07 25:55-26:25 TBS Yumekui Merry (End)
*0.8%(*0.5%) 04/08 28:18-28:48 NTV Dragon Crisis!
*0.4%(*1.6%) 04/08 25:23-25:53 TX* Gosick
It did well.

May as well post this too:

Weekly Oricon DVD & Blu-ray Rankings for Apr 11 - 17
DVD
*1, 7,460 *,*52,165 Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn vol.3
*2, 2,659 *,**2,659 Detective Conan Magic File 2011
*3, 2,035 *,*12,337 Manga Nihon Mukashi Banashi DVD Box vol.1
*4, 1,852 *,*11,233 Hakuouki Hekketsuroku vol.4 Limited Edition
*5, 1,461 *,*13,488 Sengoku Basara Two vol.7
*6, 1,162 *,**8,524 Manga Nihon Mukashi Banashi DVD Box vol.2
*7, 1,120 1,066,995 My Neighbor Totoro
*8, 1,006 *,**7,129 Kuroshitsuji II vol.7 Limited Edition

Blu-ray
*1, 8,417 *95,429 Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn vol.3
*2, 2,119 **2,119 Onii-chan no Koto nanka Zenzen Suki Janain Dakara ne!! vol.2
*3, 1,732 *25,443 IS: Infinite Stratos vol.1
*4, 1,188 *17,147 Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai vol.4 Limited Edition
*5, *,987 110.260 Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn vol.1
*6, *,941 *12,414 Toaru Majutsu no Index II vol.3 Limited Edition
*7, *,877 109,650 Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn vol.2
*8, *,621 *34,785 K-ON!! vol.9 Limited Edition
*9, *,544 **6,266 Star Driver: Kagayaki no Takuto vol.3 Limited Edition
10, *,510 **3,536 .hack//Quantum vol.3
11, *,379 **1,956 Seikon no Qwaser: Jotei no Shouzou
12, *,375 *24,419 Castle in the Sky
13, *,330 **3,466 Mononoke Blu-ray Box
14, *,322 **3,564 Motto To LOVE-Ru vol.5 Limited Edition

Jex

Well apparently this is the level of knowledge possessed by the average 'anime fan on the street' (or rather, present at a panel at a convention):
Favorite directors of anime fan responses, as collected by AWO folks... Miyazaki, "dont know any," One Piece's Oda and CLAMP
Classic.

Also, I can't believe people go so angry at "Shit Otaku Say" that Tumblr closed it down. Amazing, considering all it did was accurately quote people.

Risette

A Good Citizen
Wow, Gosick looks like it did pretty bad, being at the bottom of the list and all.

Can someone explain to me what % is a good %? I'm confused :<

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Aigis said:
Wow, Gosick looks like it did pretty bad, being at the bottom of the list and all.

Can someone explain to me what % is a good %? I'm confused :<
I think the problem is that the stuff on the high end air at regular times and are meant for families and people who aren't otaku, so it's hard to have a direct comparison.

Dresden said:
Heh, it sold more than Castle in the Sky.
If only Miyazaki had put Char into his films.

Jexhius said:
Well apparently this is the level of knowledge possessed by the average 'anime fan on the street' (or rather, present at a panel at a convention):

Classic.

Also, I can't believe people go so angry at "Shit Otaku Say" that Tumblr closed it down. Amazing, considering all it did was accurately quote people.

I don't really know any outside of Miyazaki, but I definitely know that Oda and Clamp aren't directors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom