• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2011 Anime Thread of ZAWA ZAWA, Money, emo Cyclops, and fun^10xint^40=Ir2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jex

Hitokage said:
One could say it was a nice installment in the tradition of unorthodox magical girl shows, but "unorthodox" really isn't the right term since this stuff has always been around since magical girls started fighting evil. However, it would have been a better show if it wasn't Shaft.
You're going to make the internet cry. But but Homura’s room etc. Or something. I think they did an okay job but there are certainly better studios/directors.

I wonder if their version would have been as popular as the SHAFT one though, presumably not.
firehawk12 said:
Yup, both SoreMachi and Arakawa bombed. I'm assume Natsu no Arashi bombed as well.
One of those deserved to live.
Aigis said:
Bought Sword of the Stranger on Blu-ray. What am I in for?
The best thing BONES has ever made.
Articalys said:
Wait, is all of the AnoHana stuff just speculation based on the first two episodes and short preview for the third, or is there some supplemental material I'm missing?
I've been playing the light-novel 360 game and it's pretty good. They did change the story every so slightly, in that now they’re reminiscing while playing classic Japanese Xbox titles.

Articalys

Jexhius said:
Mission accomplished.

I don't get that though, because the second half of the series is pretty much all explanation.
It is explanation, but I think I've forgotten what mysteries it was explaining in the first place. So I have a perfectly good set of answers but no idea what I was originally trying to figure out. I guess it was just "why is all this crazy shit happening to Lain?".

Jexhius said:
I've been playing the light-novel 360 game and it's pretty good. They did change the story every so slightly, in that now they’re reminiscing while playing classic Japanese Xbox titles.
Hardy har har.
I do wonder how AnoHana/Iroha would work as VNs though.

Articalys

Sorry for two posts in a row but this is on a totally different topic.
--------------------
So you know how Tokyopop is shuttering their N.A. publishing division? Do you live in the Los Angeles area and want to have a chance to buy some of the stuff from their offices, including some of their series that are about to go out of print? Well here's your chance.

And if you're willing to venture into Facebook you can enter this contest to a special dibs or something. I dunno, I don't live around there so I don't care.

One of the best ways of cleaning house is really simple - a HUGE GARAGE SALE! Since we announced the closing of the North American publishing operations, we have a LOT of manga, posters and other great stuff to clear out. We know the fans want it all, so we'll do a general garage sale in mid-May (stay tuned for date and time to be announced later). But before that, we want to give 10 of our most dedicated fans the opportunity to buy the most coveted goodies.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2011-04-28/tokyopop-to-hold-garage-sale-in-los-angeles

Steroyd

Sket Dance - 04

I must applauad how they've translated Saotome Ranma Roman (every god damn time) into anime form, even more appreciative of the 1 chapter per half episode conversion because it works so well for its format.

Jex

Halycon said:
Oh hey a really long post. I guess ABF is talking to mac again.

::scrolls up::

Wtf Geneijin?
Geneijin has done it before and will probably do it again!
JKTrix said:
More tits, less zombies, 15 minutes. Not much else you need to know if you're familiar with the franchise.
Not much else you need to know if you're familiar with anime!
Steroyd said:
I don't understand this, the 1st episode was pretty much in line with the rest of the series. o_O
It was fully indicative of the rest of the show, in every single area.

Steroyd

Neo C. said:
The OVA is disturbing.
Takashi's Speedo is too tight! :(

Got to have fanservice for both sexes.

It was fully indicative of the rest of the show, in every single area.

Saw the OP again thanks to the OVA... yeeeeeaaaaaaah can't see where expectations would have been raised above what it ended up being.

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
Uchip said:
spice-and-wolf-horo-nude-figure-by-cms-001.jpeg

this looks great
but it would stop my collection from being safe for work D:

want.

mAcOdIn said:
Christ, everything's naked, it's not just Holo and the apple at the base but the crate of apples is open and the bag of wheat is open, it's so suggestive! Everyone who worked on it should be ashamed!

thisisneogafJapan.gif ?

Jex

Master Keaton 22

I forgot that this show is so grown-up and mature that we can have an entire episode go by without something exploding, or anyone dying or being threatened. A anime for old people indeed.
mAcOdIn said:
Ugh, kinda tasteless.
Just like the show itself.
Salazar said:
lol Shu-chan.

"Hagu, what a fine adult you've become".
To look at the world through his warped eyes...

jman2050

Jexhius said:
That's the only reason I ever watch anime, at any rate.

I'm going to collect every post in every anime thread you've ever posted in and sell it as a book for $50 on Amazon.

It'll sell millions.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
jman2050 said:
I'm going to collect every post in every anime thread you've ever posted in and sell it as a book for $50 on Amazon.

It'll sell millions.
If someone compiled, organized and indexed an animu thread, I'd probably pay 5 bucks for it on the Kindle store.

expy said:
That's not Miya... or is it?
Bangs make her look like Miya, but I'm not sure. I don't remember the biting anyway.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
jman2050 said:

It'll sell millions.
Memoirs of an Animu Blogger, starring Zhang Zi Yi as Jehxius.

Jex

jman2050 said:

It'll sell millions.
Damn, I assumed the TOS would protect me but apparently not!

I knew I should have kept all my fabulous insight to myself.

Haly

Maybe if you should ask for a "This post is copyright of Jehxius" tag?

Dresden

I don't know, not enough of Jex's posts are long enough to serve as proper chapters.

You could probably build a decent anime book around mac and ABF's posts, though. "Musings on Harem Anime."

Jex

Dresden said:
You could probably build a decent anime book around mac and ABF's posts, though. "Musings on Harem Anime."
That, at least, is true.

I mean, it would make as much sense as the other anime books I've read.

Which reminds, a long with the Lain talk, that I need to finish "Robot Ghosts and Wired Dreams" and purchase "Otaku".

Geneijin

jman2050 said:
I'll be honest, I was pretty surprised when Amagami ended up being lol hilarious horribad rather than simply bad horribad.
Wait, you've watched the entire thing? I didn't know that.

Excellent.

Steroyd

Hey guyz there's a royal wedding tomorrow didja know? didja know? ole blighty's monarchy is getting married to some commoner, were you aware, well were you?

To commemorate this national holiday of I don't give a fuck, I shall be marathoning Higurashi, found out I only had season 2 all this time, no wonder I only made it to the first ten or so minutes of the 1st episode, before I stopped watching it entirely because it was boring and uneventful, hopefully it's long enough to blot out the TV completely tomorrow.

Jex

Blue Exorcist 1

Considering how slow this season has been I thought that giving this work a shot. Luckily enough, this first episode seemed fairly generic but at least it's well made, which I can't say for a number of other works with a similar story set-up. I'll give it a couple of more episodes before I decide whether or not to drop it.

TheOddOne

Jexhius said:
Blue Exorcist 1

Considering how slow this season has been I thought that giving this work a shot. Luckily enough, this first episode seemed fairly generic but at least it's well made, which I can't say for a number of other works with a similar story set-up. I'll give it a couple of more episodes before I decide whether or not to drop it.
You should track down episode 2, its totally different in tone and setup.

Branduil

Dresden said:
I don't know, not enough of Jex's posts are long enough to serve as proper chapters.

That way lies insanity.

Halycon said:
Maybe if you should ask for a "This post is copyright of Jehxius" tag?

It's pretty strange he still has no tag, despite topping the wall of shame every season.

Silh

Moshidora 3

I thought Yunosuke's girlfriend (?) would be a bitch of an obstacle. Not the first time I would be wrong about a character here though, which is good.

The ending with all the club managers on the field seemed a little out there for this series.

Ezalc

A while ago I watched Captain Harlock Endless Odyssey. It was my first time watching a Captain Harlock anything, gotta say that Harlock is a BAMF. Anybody have any recommendations concerning Captain Harlock? I saw a trailer for that CG movie for Harlock, is there any word about that? Also was Harlock being voiced by Blum?

Haly

Branduil said:
It's pretty strange he still has no tag, despite topping the wall of shame every season.
He is too level headed for a tag.

Grzi

Ezalc said:
A while ago I watched Captain Harlock Endless Odyssey. It was my first time watching a Captain Harlock anything, gotta say that Harlock is a BAMF. Anybody have any recommendations concerning Captain Harlock? I saw a trailer for that CG movie for Harlock, is there any word about that? Also was Harlock being voiced by Blum?

Watch Arcadia Of My Youth.

Articalys

jman2050 said:
medaka emukae image
Wow, I remember seeing that post a while ago but only now just read the whole thing. And that is totally how I feel about a lot of harem anime. It's just 100x more amusing to see it as if it's being spoken by a manga high school girl.
Unfortunately, sensible plot and savvy protagonists != ratings and sales.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom