• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2011 Anime Thread of ZAWA ZAWA, Money, emo Cyclops, and fun^10xint^40=Ir2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Geneijin

Branduil said:
It's pretty strange he still has no tag, despite topping the wall of shame every season.
You're only prolonging the inevitable by stating it.

Besides, I'm surprised I9 hasn't got his back yet.

Articalys said:
Wow, I remember seeing that post a while ago but only now just read the whole thing. And that is totally how I feel about a lot of harem anime. It's just 100x more amusing to see it as if it's being spoken by a manga high school girl.
Unfortunately, sensible plot and savvy protagonists != ratings and sales.
You're missing the other reference entirely unless you do know of it already :lol

Geneijin

InfiniteNine said:
K-ON! Episode 02-03:
Well... umm... I honestly have no idea what I'm supposed to say about this. I guess Ritsu's chip video was funny?
Even for me, Season 1 had too many moe moe kyun moments, which is why I like Season 2 more than 1 because of how they paced things. You might want to drop it soon if it isn't doing anything for you. I know you're also getting the BDs for it while watching, so it's even more of a reason why I'm telling you to stop early and save your money :lol

Articalys said:
Are you just referring to the fact that it's all from this post?
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=26493533&postcount=10777
That, and the wedlock chatter that was started from then.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Geneijin said:
B-b-but I can't conveniently quote it in this new era of GAF.
b9KCl.png

JKTrix

7Th said:
What I meant with my post is that Moshidora, along with a bunch of other stuff like the shows I mentioned and Bungaku Shoujo, can't be considered a Production I.G work because even if it credits Production I.G for Animation Production the bulk of the animation is done by TransArts.
Ah, good to know--I didn't read into it that much.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Geneijin said:
Even for me, Season 1 had too many moe moe kyun moments, which is why I like Season 2 more than 1 because of how they paced things. You might want to drop it soon if it isn't doing anything for you. I know you're also getting the BDs for it while watching, so it's even more of a reason why I'm telling you to stop early and save your money :lol
Well I set out to do this so not really going to stop. It helps that the next BD comes out in June though! I'll end up giving it away to someone here if I don't like it, so at least it'll entertain someone. :p

Articalys

The only thing I know for sure about K-On is that "No, Thank You!" > "Don't Say 'Lazy'" > "Listen!!", and I can't stand Aki Toyosaki's voice in any of the three OPs. Well, I guess "Utauyo!! Miracle" is okay.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Articalys said:
The only thing I know for sure about K-On is that "No, Thank You!" > "Don't Say 'Lazy'" > "Listen!!", and I can't stand Aki Toyosaki's voice in any of the three OPs. Well, I guess "Utauyo!! Miracle" is okay.
*Youtubes No, Thank You!* No. Although I agree your with your other statement that Aki Toyosaki's voice is unbearable in these songs.

cj_iwakura

Articalys said:
Serial Experiments Lain 8-10

Okay, now I feel like I have a bunch of answers but no idea what the questions actually were. I think I just sat through about an hour's worth of discussion about metaphysics and the collective human unconscious.

Someone please tell me that there's a definite explanation for what's going on and it isn't one of those things that's just left "up to speculation."

Most of it is, but still, you have to see it through. The ending is something else.

flawfuls

Moshi Koko Yakyu no Joshi Manager ga Drucker no Mangment o Yondara 4

The managers on this team are growing like a harem. They add a new one each episode and at this rate there are going to be more managers than players. One of them even has a stupid speech impediment (eh ah hai).

Geneijin

firehawk12 said:
But that's like 8 extra steps. Unless you're avatar quoting me, then damn :lol

InfiniteNine said:
Well I set out to do this so not really going to stop. It helps that the next BD comes out in June though! I'll end up giving it away to someone here if I don't like it, so at least it'll entertain someone. :p
Alright, if you insist. So generous.

Also, it's okay not to like Azusa.
And Yui.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Geneijin said:
But that's like 8 extra steps. Unless you're avatar quoting me, then damn :lol

It's not that bad when you use the imgur plugin. :lol
---
Moeshidora is alright, but replace Drucker with say, The Bible, and suddenly it the proselytizing becomes kind of creepy and overbearing. I kind of wonder who the original novel/manga/whatever was aimed at... high school kids or business people?

Nonoriri

If your name is Nonoriri you have to go buy Nanami's tampons.
InfiniteNine said:
Well at least Ritsu is somewhat entertaining. Not seeing whats so good about Yui.

The Yui/Ritsu dynamic is the best part of the show.

flawfuls

firehawk12 said:
Moeshidora is alright, but replace Drucker with say, The Bible, and suddenly it the proselytizing becomes kind of creepy and overbearing. I kind of wonder who the original novel/manga/whatever was aimed at... high school kids or business people?

I think I read somewhere that it was aimed at business people or at least adults. The anime is also supposed aimed at adults. It has a weird time slot.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
flawfuls said:
I think I read somewhere that it was aimed at business people or at least adults. The anime is also supposed aimed at adults. It has a weird time slot.
Hrm, that might explain why it'd on everyday. Adults probably don't have the patience to watch an infodump spread out over 10 weeks.

And I guess it's also perfect - information + high school nostalgia.

zeroshiki

What a shocker!

InfiniteNine said:
Where? I think it's a good show, but it doesn't really get brought up a lot elsewhere.

He thinks he's being cool and edgy by hating on something people like. I assure you he has nothing to defend his position on.

jman2050

Uchip said:
Toradora has to be the most overrated anime in the last few years

Overrated where?

Last I checked it was fiercely in the Love it or Hate It category. One of the more overt examples in fact. The people who unequivocally love it
me
and the ones who can't stand it have perfectly valid reasons for their stances.

Anyways...

Denpa Onna 3

There are not enough HNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGs

Moe moe~ with plot as done by Shaft. I'll certainly take it.

Looking forward to seeing where the story goes now.

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
hosannainexcelsis said:
She looks (and sounds) better in the futon!
You kidding? the futon voice is the most annoying shit ever.

Also, I never really got the hate for Azusa. She's a great straightman character and actually seems like the most "normal" of the group. Is it the loli pandering and fanservice she ends up providing?

flawfuls

I had incredibly low expectations when I watched Toradora so I was pleasantly surprised.

Denpa 3

I like how the main characters little revenge at the very beginning seems to be making the girl listen to the OP song.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom